Photo

Master Cleanse questions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
56 replies to this topic

#1 Nico

Nico

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 July 2004 - 07:59 PM

Ok, I just finished reading the Master Cleanse. I'm planning to do 10 days of it(or more) in September. Obviously I'm a bit worried about it, and I have a few questions for people who have tried it. You can read it for free here btw: http://www.supernatu...sterCleanse.pdf

-First I want to say that I know how fasting can be good for you, I know it's all true that it has great benefits, so you don't need to try and convince me of that. It was part of my diet last year and it helped me a lot. I fasted on water mixed with lemon juice about 2 or 3 days a month. Now I know on these days I was not getting what my body needs, but since it was only 1 day at a time, I didn't worry about it too much.
However in the Master Cleanse, I'll have to fast for 10 days or more. The book says I'll get everything I need from the lemonade (I don't remember the exact recipe, I beleive it's water, lemon juice and mapple syrup). I was just wondering if that was true. I'm underweigh enough right now, and I absolutely do not want to lose a lot of weight (except the mucus, toxins, poisons, etc, wich will be eliminated). So will I lose a lot of muscle and fat while doing the cleanse. Not that I have a lot to lose to begin with but that's why I want to keep it as much as possible.
Will I be ok, if I use more syrup like the book says those who are underweight should do, because it states very clearly that healthy tissues will not be eliminated.

-Next I'd like to know what symptoms to expect while doing the cleanse. I've heard about vomiting. I know this will probably happen, because it happened a lot last year even though I only fasted for one day at a time. It's not necessarly a bad thing since everything I vomit was something that had to come out. But since vomiting tons of thick, salty, disgusting mucus is not very enjoyable, I'd like to know if there is any way of avoiding this.
Also I've heard you can get cravings for toxic foods like cheeseburgers, pizzas, etc, as their toxins are being removed from the body, and that these cravings are usually gone the next morning. Is this true?
And they say somewhere in the book that I should use a herbal laxative every night to make sure everything is eliminated well. But I also know too much laxative can be bad and make you dependant...

And is there anything else I should know. The book says you can lead a normal life while on the diet (you don't need to be in bed all day like on a normal fast) since you get all the energy you need from the drink. So will I be able to for example, go to phys.ed. class and do my work normally.
Also, will I be able to keep all my concentration in class, or will I always be tired and fall asleep on my desk...?

Thanks to anyone who will answer my questions, if I have more I will be sure to ask them here.

And please, PLEASE, if you are one of those biased persons who want medical proof for everything... if you think everything your doctor says is true, if you think everything that hasn't been proven by medical science is BS...
Please just don't post here if you are not interested.
Thank you.

#2 AFI

AFI

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Posted 03 July 2004 - 12:12 AM

Ok I've been on the mc 4 times so i think i can help. First of all, if your underweight jsut add lots of syup thats all there is too it. Everything in the recipe is adjustable except for the lemon juice. I always lose weight on the fast and i'm a skinny guy, don't worry about it, just add more syrup. Second, sypmtoms very like crazy, some people do the whole thing without even a tummy ache, while others like me get headaches, weakness, feeling very tired. Yuo just have to deal with especially if your very toxic. The first couple of days are always the hardest then usaully the cravings fade. I've never had a problem with being dependent on laxative teas but you do need to take them or you'll be very sick. The tea must be herbal, so it basically naturally casues you to have bms i'm sure you'll have no problems. i nkow its reported that you'll have amazing energy and be able to carry on with life during the fast, and for the most part you will, but be prepared in the first week to feel out of sorts, especially if your toxic. If you want to kno anything else just ask.

#3 mischief2

mischief2

miss kitty fantastico

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 July 2004 - 03:50 AM

I haven't done the master cleanse so am afraid I can't answer those questions but thanks for that link, I was looking for some more info. I have done two liver cleanses in the past few months (the 3 day apple fast - the first one worked great and I was clear for 2 weeks, the second did nothing). My skin is doing better on the regimen but I think I need to try a master cleanse to stop breaking out. And right now, I'm not working so I think next week I'm going to try it. Though, I think you could still work, just take it easy. I'll let you all know how I go.

I'm underweight too, I lost a lot of weight on the first two fasts I did.

What have people experienced from doing a cleanse like this? Any major skin improvements?

#4 Doopie

Doopie

Hie.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 July 2004 - 02:59 PM

The main reason I did the lemonade diet was to break up the liver- and gallstones I had in my body. That's what the lemonade really does.

The salt water flush in the morning eliminates excess from what you've eaten say earlier in the week, just to get rid of it. The lemonade also loosens extra garbage from the body, as well as mucus (I've seen it come out in my bowels after the salt water flush.)

Ten days would probably be okay. But I can't say totally, I only did it for five days, and then did my liver flush. But I only stopped on that fifth day because my bowel after my salt water flush that morning was completely clean--no brownness.

The book says not to eat anything, but you should eat something. Fish, take in veggie shakes, or some kind of broth. You need something a little solid so your insides don't get TOO much of a break to where it would say shut down.

I have an aunt that went on a water fast for at least a month and she had to go to the emergency room because she couldn't pass waste.

But anyway, the lemonade, like the book said, has all the nutrition you need, but it would be wise to eat other things as well.

My first liver purge was wonderful. I felt so much better--still do.

#5 Doopie

Doopie

Hie.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 July 2004 - 03:02 PM

Oh..

One more thing, I didn't regurgitate anything. The whole process was a painless experience for me.

DO NOT TAKE THE HERBAL LAXATIVES IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH YOUR BOWEL MOVEMENT.

I am currently having trouble now, because my body is used to going every morning when I wake up, and I haven't had one in almost 24 hours now. I'm really worried, sad.gif.

But definitely no, leave that crap alone.

#6 AFI

AFI

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 July 2004 - 12:18 PM

Doopie please do not advocate stuff you know nothing about. You are a newbie to the MC and its understandable that you know very little about it, but plz do not give people ill, even dangerous advice. You must use herbal laxatives, you do not have to use them twice a day but if you don't make sure you at least saltwater flush once a day. You do not want those toxins to stay in your body, more bowel movements then normal are needed to carry out this process. Herbal teas are fine they do not harm you and don't make you dependent. Personally i like them way more then the SW flsuh because with the salt water a lot of times is hit and miss. Sometimes it will amke you have to go sometimes not. For those that it works great for good but for many it works only a percent of the time. It is still recommended that you do take tea night before anyways to loosen stuff up for the SW flush. Do not eat anything on this fast, The lemonade is all you need. Doopie to recomend that someone to eat so their "system doesn't shut down" is idiotic. Your system will not shut down the lemonade is all you need. If you feel weak just drink more. Sheesh, this is fast, in fasts you do not eat food. Yuor Aunt also probably foolishly went into her fast with no preparation or knowledge on how to do it, thats why she became hospitalized. Water fasting is completely different then the MC, stop comparing them doopie. Water fasts can be much more dangerous without the proper knowledge or procedure to do them. She probably was highly toxic and jumped right into the stupid thing without eating only raw foods in order to prep for it, plus she probably didn't use laxitives! Duh! Nico eating on this fast will do much more harm then good, do not do it.
Doopie has no idea how to do this thing properly or even any knowledge on the subject, Heck she only went for 5 days, because she said her "bowel was clean." Anyone who knows anything about the MC know that it also cleans all other organs in the body and that proper detoxification cannot occur in such a small amount of time. I urge you to go to curezone.com and find real info from people who have actually done the MC the right way instead of 5 days. By the way i have done two 10 day mcs one 20 and one 15. Doopie plz do not post any more of this information you have, because it is inaccurate, and can hurt the people you post it to.

#7 edenfield

edenfield

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 04 July 2004 - 07:34 PM

nobody appreciates that tone AFI.

first of all i've done MC many times, 4 so far. And will be doing a 40 day one soon.

You should not eat on MC. This defeats the purpose of a fast

You do not need herbal laxatives, your body will become dependant on them eventually, SWF is fine.

If you read the book he says you can either use laxatives or do a SWF. Some people suffice with enemas.

#8 Nico

Nico

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 July 2004 - 06:21 PM

Ok thanks I have a question for those who have done it many times: did it clear your acne?
Oh and about the SWF, can you do that in the evening too?

Oh yeah, one more: let's say I'm at the end of day 10, and I want to do a liver flush. Can I do that, or is it better to start eating again, wait a few days, and then do the flush? And if I can do it on day 10, do I still have to drink a lot of apple juice like I would normally before a flush, and also what about the epsom salts (do I need this too).
Thanks.

#9 edenfield

edenfield

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 July 2004 - 09:02 PM

i've ended a fast with a liver flush...

you don't really need the apple juice, since it's not part of the mc you can't either

you don't really even need epsoms for a regular flush

you can do the SWF whenever...just be near a toilet smile.gif

and yes it cleared my acne

#10 mischief2

mischief2

miss kitty fantastico

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 July 2004 - 01:22 AM

This is a stupid question so I apologise in advance. I'm not doing a master cleanse but a liver flush this week. I've done two apple fasts before and did not take any supplements on those 3 days. I'm wondering, when you do a MC or flush is that correct? When you fast you would not take your supplements (zinc, vit c, etc)? I assume they would mess up the cleanse also.

#11 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 July 2004 - 08:12 AM

When you fast you would not take your supplements (zinc, vit c, etc)?

That's a good question! I'm not too sure about that either, as I've never done an MC

Here's the link for the MC in case anyone wants it: http://www.geocities...er_cleanse.html

Edit: Ok, just checked, and here is what he said:

"Take from six to twelve glasses of the lemonade daily during the waking period. As you get hungry just have another glass of lemonade. NO OTHER FOOD SHOULD BE TAKEN DURING THE FULL PERIOD OF THE DIET. As this is a complete balance of minerals and vitamins, one does not suffer the pangs of hunger. Do not use vitamin pills."

Question answered!

#12 mischief2

mischief2

miss kitty fantastico

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 July 2004 - 09:30 AM

Cheers jc! smile.gif You're a legend.

#13 Nico

Nico

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 July 2004 - 04:28 PM

and yes it cleared my acne

Wow, did it work on your first MC? And how many days did it last?
Also, when you say it cleared you up, do you mean you can eat anything you want and not breakout or do you still need to be carefull with the foods you eat

#14 edenfield

edenfield

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 July 2004 - 04:57 PM

this and a combination of liver flushes did

and yes i can pretty much eat whatever i want

#15 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 July 2004 - 05:25 PM

Did you stop topicals?

#16 edenfield

edenfield

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 July 2004 - 07:41 PM

never used them

#17 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 July 2004 - 08:19 PM

So what'd you use before?

#18 Bailey

Bailey

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 July 2004 - 08:45 PM

Nico~

1. Yes, you will lose weight. Just use a little more Maple Syrup..it adds calories. But even so..you will see some weight loss. But you are only going for 10 days..so it shouldn't be a significant amount. But don't worry, the only things you can possibly lose are mucus, waste, and disease. Healthy tissue will not be eliminated. Plus, once you start eating again, you will gain.

2. Here are a few detox symptoms you might experience. It's doubtful that you will expierence all of these. The only symptoms I experienced were cravings and mood swings. I have NEVER vomitted. And I don't think that will happen to you..especially if you're only doing 10 days.

1. Cravings — I have only known one or two people to be hungry on this cleanse. Drinking more lemonade or water handles that. I have, however, observed that people on the cleanse crave what they are detoxifying. Proof that this is true is that the cravings usually go away the next morning with bowel movements. You can crave anything when detoxifying, but most likely you will experience cravings for the most toxic foods, such as pizza, hamburgers, barbeque ribs, etc.
2. Tiredness — When your body fights toxins, whether from detoxifying or an infection, it diverts energy into healing and away from the energy you use to work and play. On my first 20 day cleanse, I was not tired except on the fifteenth day. The next morning, I experienced heat in my bowel movements, an indication that acidic toxins were being eliminated. I also lost all sense of tiredness.
3. Irritability — This includes the desire to "just chew something solid."
4. Physical aches, pains, nausea, vomiting, etc. — These are the most severe reactions and only occur where a person is severely toxic, only a small percentage of people experience these. Fortunately, these have gone away after only a day or two in every case I have heard about.
5. Hot bowel movements — Your body wastes are acidic and when you eliminate the most toxic ones, they actually feel anywhere from warm to burning. This experience is very infrequent, but worth mentioning because hot bowel movements after a day of heavy detox symptoms will confirm that you just eliminated significant toxins.

3. You NEED to drink the Laxative Herbal Tea each evening. (It's called Senna Tea. You can find it at your local health food store.) You need to ensure you are eliminating the toxins that are being loosened in your system. Cravings, aches, pains, mental irritability and tiredness will turn on as your toxins are mobilized. To eliminate these unpleasant sensations, you need to be sure you have two, three, or more bowel movements a day. The Slat Water Flush and Herbal Tea are a MUST..everyday!

4. Absolutely NO FOOD! Eating will start the digestive system..which negates the whole purpose of the cleanse.

5. You should be able to lead your normal life. Once the detoxing stage is over, you should feel energetic, happy, and healthy. The only thing is..you have to go to the bathroom..a lot. So, hopefully there is a bathroom where ever you will be.

#19 Doopie

Doopie

Hie.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 July 2004 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE(AFI @ Jul 4 2004, 11:05 AM)
Doopie please do not advocate stuff you know nothing about. You are a newbie to the MC and its understandable that you know very little about it, but plz do not give people ill, even dangerous advice. You must use herbal laxatives, you do not have to use them twice a day but if you don't make sure you at least saltwater flush once a day. You do not want those toxins to stay in your body, more bowel movements then normal are needed to carry out this process. Herbal teas are fine they do not harm you and don't make you dependent. Personally i like them way more then the SW flsuh because with the salt water a lot of times is hit and miss. Sometimes it will amke you have to go sometimes not. For those that it works great for good but for many it works only a percent of the time. It is still recommended that you do take tea night before anyways to loosen stuff up for the SW flush.                                                                                           Do not eat anything on this fast, The lemonade is all you need. Doopie to recomend that someone to eat so their "system doesn't shut down" is idiotic. Your system will not shut down the lemonade is all you need. If you feel weak just drink more. Sheesh, this is fast, in fasts you do not eat food. Yuor Aunt also probably foolishly went into her fast with no preparation or knowledge on how to do it, thats why she became hospitalized. Water fasting is completely different then the MC, stop comparing them doopie. Water fasts can be much more dangerous without the proper knowledge or procedure to do them. She probably was highly toxic and jumped right into the stupid thing without eating only raw foods in order to prep for it, plus she probably didn't use laxitives! Duh! Nico eating on this fast will do much more harm then good, do not do it.
Doopie has no idea how to do this thing properly or even any knowledge on the subject, Heck she only went for 5 days, because she said her "bowel was clean." Anyone who knows anything about the MC know that it also cleans all other organs in the body and that proper detoxification cannot occur in such a small amount of time. I urge you to go to curezone.com and find real info from people who have actually done the MC the right way instead of 5 days. By the way i have done two 10 day mcs one 20 and one 15. Doopie plz do not post any more of this information you have, because it is inaccurate, and can hurt the people you post it to.

It is not inaccurate. When you drink the lemonade for ten days your system becomes accustomed to not breaking down solids! You gradually have to work yourself back into eating solids, and me personally, am not up for that. Like I said, I eat a lot, anyway. There is absolutely nothing wrong with veggie drinks and broths on this diet! If you read the book with understanding, the author is really persuading one to be a vegetarian, and I for one can't do that.
I did have an experience, I did not just read the book.

And laxatives are easily dependents, especially when you don't have a problem with your bowel movement. Most people that have easy bowel movements, the herbal tea upsets the stomach.

I know water fasts are very harmful, especially if you do it in the length that my aunt did. She was emotionally scarred, she needed help, anyway. But I wasn't comparing anything. I'm only 18, though, and I figured 5 days would do me good. And it did. You didn't see the results, I did... --actually, you wouldn't WANT to see the results, :lol:.

#20 Bailey

Bailey

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 July 2004 - 01:33 AM

QUOTE(Doopie @ Jul 6 2004, 09:21 PM)
And laxatives are easily dependents, especially when you don't have a problem with your bowel movement.  Most people that have easy bowel movements, the herbal tea upsets the stomach.

We're not talking about laxative pills or anything like that..it's just an herbal tea. It promotes bowel movements. It's not as strong as "real" laxatives.

You should absolutely NOT eat during a Master Cleanse. The reason why you had an upset stomach..is becasue you ate. I did that once..and learned my lesson big time. I ate..and then drank the tea. My stomach cramped for hours. It was NOT the tea..it was becasue I ate. The herbal tea will not hurt you at all.

BTW, water fasts are not harmful..if you do it correctly. I fast all the time.