Mr President

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 December 2009 - 02:15 AM

Edited by Mr President, 04 March 2011 - 08:09 PM.

#82 flamshun

flamshun

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2009 - 03:58 AM

Sounds promising to me. Betadine possess antiseptic property which has been used to kill both good and bad bacteria/cells; thus, in theory, prolong use of betadine on scar tissue may breakdown the fibrous tissue. This may consequently stimulate natural body healing response just like those treated with TCA or other form of acids (but in slower and less invasive way).

Wonder if betadine in cream or lotion form would work better than in liquid form, since it would stay in contact with the skin for longer period of time without evaporating off into the air.

Edited by flamshun, 04 December 2009 - 04:06 AM.

#83 seabs135

seabs135

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2009 - 10:00 AM

QUOTE (eterna_maldicion @ Dec 3 2009, 01:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what plastic is used to cover iodine? in which thickness and of which

A glad type plastic wrap is what I'm personally using.

Edited by seabs135, 04 December 2009 - 10:03 AM.

#84 ylem

ylem

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Getting rid of my scars!!

Posted 04 December 2009 - 10:12 AM

QUOTE (cartwheeling_monkey @ Dec 4 2009, 02:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (eterna_maldicion @ Dec 4 2009, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
but so that there are but photos of other no cases? I see east I document and she makes decide the one me regeneration of scars with ' topiramat' it was like this a pair of cases that I am but later the boys of this forum chek and I am not in anything, but of the same,

nothing works…

the above doesnt make sense buddy - try rewording it.

Lol...I concur....What??!!

#85 Mr President

Mr President

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 December 2009 - 08:26 AM

#86 pepo

pepo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 December 2009 - 09:14 AM

QUOTE (cartwheeling_monkey @ Dec 5 2009, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey all,

hope you're all going well with your iodine! I have a few points to make, which vaguely relates to this topic. I think i should post it here, since I'm sure people in the other forums will have no clue what I'm going on about smile.gif

About a month ago, I tca crossed a scar on my nose right between my eyes (i was silly enough to pick it when i was younger). Anyhoo its still there but not as deep now. I noticed today that there is a small blonde hair growing out of the middle of it. Hardly noticeable but heard its a sign that maybe its regenerating itself. Since iodine is supposed to do it too. Wooah ! Fingers crossed it is regeneration.

I'm still waiting for my iodine. The Christmas rush is slowing down the post a little bit. I'm still looking forward to it arriving though.

i did numerous tca peels on my scars and not a single bit of improvement. i know literally dozens of others who say the same. from my understanding and extensive research peels cannot help scars, they are just too deep. if the peels did manage to get deep enough and reach the dermis, they would do far more harm than good.

just my 2 cents, if its working for you then fantastic.

#87 Mr President

Mr President

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 December 2009 - 06:17 PM

#88 tj101

tj101

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 December 2009 - 10:08 PM

Has anyone had any breakouts from applying iodine topically?

Iodine taken internally can cause breakouts, no iodized salt for me, or else I start breaking out.

So I'm wondering if topical application can have the same effects.

#89 Mr President

Mr President

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 December 2009 - 04:31 AM

Edited by Mr President, 04 March 2011 - 08:10 PM.

#90 Changelife

Changelife

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 December 2009 - 06:14 AM

Hi,

no breakouts for me in contrary I think topical iodine may be good for acne problems, because it possess antibacterial properties. But also to much iodine is not good for health generally. No difference in the appearance of the scars (use it since 5 weeks->too early to judge).

#91 pepo

pepo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 December 2009 - 08:28 AM

little update,

used lugols for about 5 days and didnt see a thing. ofcourse i wasnt expecting much but i was expecting something, even the smallest hint that it was working. it is said that after a couple of days you should see something but i didnt. because i didnt see anything i became lazy and missed a few days, then did the odd application, then missed a few days then did the odd application etc etc.

then i started to see the mildest form of dry skin in a small area. it was extremely mild, barely anything, but there was definitely some dryness. so i thought well it must be doing something at least. also i had heard from someone that they were putting LOTS of lugols on, multiple applications. i was just putting one fairly thin layer on, so i thought maybe this is the reason im not seeing anything - the layer of lugols is just too thin. so i started applying the lugols again everynight before i went to bed and instead of just applying it once, i thought id apply it twice. so i poured the lugols onto a cotton wool ball, wiped it all over my stretchmarks, then waited a minute, then got another cotton wool ball and did the same thing again.

its been about a week now since i started applying the stuff daily again. im having a rather strange reaction to it. im applying lugols to my stretchmarks and its over a fairly large area. the majority of the area nothing is happening at all. no dryness, no stinging, not a single thing, it just looks like and feels like im applying yellow water to it. but the strange thing is, a small portion of the area where im applying lugols has become extremely dry, red, and sore. this small area has become so dry that it has peeled. the area is still very dry and has become hard and leathery, a little bit like when doing a tca peel. its so confusing.

i really dont understand whats going on. im trying to apply the lugols as evenly as possible yet the majority of the area isnt doing a thing, yet a small part of that area is having a pretty extreme reaction. i dont know whether this is down to uneven appliction but like i said im trying to apply it as evenly as i can. its so hard and confusing because ive got nothing to compare this to. im effectively the guinea pig. there are no guide lines, no one to ask for advice or help, nothing to base your reactions on. so i have absolutely no idea whether this is good or bad. i dont know whether to be encouraged or worried. on one hand im encouraged because i feel like something is happening, but on the other im worried because im not sure if this should be happening or whether it is having a negative effect.

so is this a good thing?
why is it only happening to a small area? uneven application? but im as even as i can be.
do i carry on? the area looks very sore and is sore to touch. stings alot when lugols is applied.
do i stop and give the area a rest? i dont want to do more harm than good.

so there you go, ive given a pretty detailed update and its taken me a fair while to write. i hope some of you can help me out and give me a little advice.

your thoughts and opinions would be extremely appreciated as im at a loss at the moment for what to do next.

thanks

Edited by pepo, 06 December 2009 - 08:34 AM.

#92 Mr President

Mr President

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 December 2009 - 03:21 PM

#93 Mr President

Mr President

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 December 2009 - 03:28 PM

#94 RoseP

RoseP

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 December 2009 - 07:30 PM

Research from 1932???? Really?? '32?? You guys have got to be kidding!

#95 pepo

pepo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 December 2009 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE (RoseP @ Dec 7 2009, 01:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Research from 1932???? Really?? '32?? You guys have got to be kidding!

1) what are you talking about?
2) you might want to read the thread first and medical papers before making silly comments
3) whats your problem?

#96 pepo

pepo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 December 2009 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE (cartwheeling_monkey @ Dec 6 2009, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey guys,

my 7% iodine (unfortunately i didn't get the 5%) and my betadine arrived today in the post. just when i woke up. I will be sparing with it. I've applied the iodine to 11 indented scars (some are still healing post cross/subcision) which i did at home. I guess you can all them boxcars. They are stinging a bit at the moment, kind of like when you put salt in a wound - not painful, just noticeable.

I also feel a tad unwell in the gut, I'm not too sure if its the iodine or since i haven't had breakfast yet. Ive drunken a litre of water (just in case its the iodine) to try and stop it. It seems to be helping. Is this normal?

i havent experienced any illness or pain in my stomach, but we dont really have much to base anything on do we lol. so ive absolutely no idea. i can only speak from personal experience and i havent had any stomach problems.

i decided not to use lugols last night as the area was extremely sore. i think i will put it on tonight though.

hows everyone else doing? any updates?

#97 Mr President

Mr President

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 December 2009 - 10:42 PM

Edited by Mr President, 04 March 2011 - 08:11 PM.

#98 Mr President

Mr President

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 December 2009 - 10:49 PM

#99 mister t

mister t

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 December 2009 - 12:45 AM

Iodine actually was used as an antibacterial agent and skin disinfectant through much of the 19 and 20th centuries, problem is like H202 it impairs cells involved in wound healing which is why specialized formulations were created which are used for things like staph infections (although bacteriophages will replace that soon). If Lugol's could regenerate scar tissue into normal skin then if it were applied to a wound it should prevent scar tissue formation altogether. That would be a simple clinical trial that should be done. Lugol's also contains potassium iodide which is used on its own to flatten (not regenerate) keloids and hypertrophic scars, suggesting it works from the top down. I doubt Lugol's can regenerate scars into skin but I hope it will. Best of luch to those giving it a go.

BTW: Denatured alcohol will remove iodine stains.

Edited by mister t, 08 December 2009 - 12:46 AM.

#100 Mr President

Mr President

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 December 2009 - 08:16 AM