Photo

Alternative Regimen Products for UK that WORK!!!!!

united kingdom britain

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#21 Fresher29

Fresher29

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 August 2011 - 09:24 AM

Does anyone know if 'OXY on the spot' is any good in comparison with Panoxyl 2.5%? They're both 2.5% BP but Panoxyl contains Sodium Lauryl Sulfate which is meant to aggravate your skin so i just avoided it...

#22 AnneFrancesFelicity

AnneFrancesFelicity

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 October 2011 - 01:30 AM

I just got a really cheap sample of the simple spotless pen, and I think it's fantastic!
not good on cysts but on tiny inflamed spots it kicks them to the curb.
Weaning myself off retin-a and onto this now.

#23 Guest_T.M._*

Guest_T.M._*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 14 January 2012 - 06:17 AM

Been using the Johnsons baby wash in my sig for a few months now with no bad results. I find it a lot better than the top to toe stuff and you can get it in the pound shop. I'm now on the hunt for a moisturiser in the same shop.

#24 catsandtea

catsandtea

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:05 PM

I'm using E45 lotion which is really nice on my skin and doesn't look too oily. My best product that i have found so far though is 'Sainsbury's distilled witch hazel BPC' at £1.50 for a 200ml bottle. I use it as a cleanser before applying BP/Moisturiser and it's awesome. It takes off the dead flaky skin, removes all the dirt, and calms down the redness- My best find ever!

#25 gecko333

gecko333

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:09 PM

I am in love with Aquamol.
You can get a 500g tub on prescription aswell (£7) and it'll last YEARS.
It does have Liquid Paraffin in, which I don't like, but for me I find it's the best moisturiser I've ever used and maybe the only one ever which doesn't sting when I apply it which is always a good sign!

Accutane Log:
Month 1: 30mg
Month 2: 30mg
Month 3: 50mg
Month 4: 50mg
Month 5: 50mg
Month 6: 50mg

DONE! :)
161 Days, 6850mg, 103g per kg.

Routine:

Simple Cleanser
Aquamol Moisturizer

#26 zahid

zahid

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:02 AM

I can't believe you guys are going for posh-brand's Facewash and moisturizer ( e.g. Loreal, Olay ) ! Too much money ?

For acne, use

Clean & Clear or any known brand's exfoliating facewash ( the ones with beads , cream based facewashes are crap )
OXY ON THE SPOT 2.5%BP
Simple moisturiser

For post-acne marks, well, I am currently investigating. Will let you know when I have soemthing. So far, B&W's Hydroquinone cream seems good but am going to give Neostrata glycolic acid wipes a go and see if it can speed things up.

#27 Tan25

Tan25

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:47 AM

My first post and a little back ground info on my skin history..

# always had a few pimples in my teens;

# pimples with pus gradually stopped and were replaced by lumps that then form itchy scabs (admittedly yes i scratch a lot, sometimes i don't even realise);

# when the scabs come off i see little white lumps, the scabs will not heal until these lumps are pulled out with tweezers (strange I know, i did leave one once for longer than the others and the result was painfull and it left a massive crater scar in my temple;

# I have poc like scars and scars that appear as red skin or a slight lump;

# my skin is incredibly greasy and a short way through the day my make up slides off my face;

# my skin also gets dry and flaky despite the oil;

# I have tried soooooo many different products and have always had my own clense-tone-mosturise regimen but none of them have ever worked. I've tried exfoliating, not exfoliating, heavy duty, light duty, cheap, expensive and so on. my mum bought me some various products to try such as Murad and Dermologica so I'm going to give these a whirl.

# I'm 25 and at my wits end, I have worn make up since I was 11 and it controls my life and my mood and I wont speak to people I know without it.

# I currently use a paraben free max factor light foundation, topped up with bare minerals veil, blush, shadow, mascara, liner and lipgloss (not expensive if you buy each item individually from ebay and pay out for the bigger pots) and a host of various moisturisers (I dont use a mixture i have just bought a lot so have a lot to work through).

so it seems the only thing I havent tried is the Panoxyl BP Gel....

SO FROM MY HISTORY CAN ANYONE PROVIDE ANY TIPS THAT CAN GIVE ME THE CONFIDENCE I NEED TO ACTUALLY LOOK PEOPLE IN THE EYE?? HELP PLEASE.

#28 tubthumper

tubthumper

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:57 AM

I have been using an acne treatment called teenage dream by mama nature and it has been hard to believe how amazing this has been for my acne. I have literally tried all the stuff on the shelves of Boots, Holland & Barrett, not to mention doctors prescriptions. I even resorted to ibuprofen gel and toothpaste and almost gave up. I throw the dice one more time and I am so glad I did because this has worked for me when nothing else has. A couple of my mates have been using it and they have also noticed a big improvement. Another friend used it and did not see any difference. Just a couple of things to consider if you use this. Firstly don't apply too much, I get the best results by applying a small amount twice a day. Secondly, by applying a small amount it will last much longer and when you consider the price of this stuff that is a must. Well worth trying if you've tried all the usual suspects.

#29 crichel

crichel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:16 PM

There are only a few products available in the uk which I would recommend for the regime:

Simple refreshing facial wash
Neutrogena visibly clear oil free moisturiser
Eucerin replenishing face cream with 5% urea

My favourite cleanser, clean and clear truly gentle cleanser has been discontinued. Purpose gentle cleanser I understand has the exact same formulation, but its a US brand and only available online, and I prefer stuff I
can pick up in boots.

The eucerin is a heavier moisturiser than the neutrogena, so good in winter or if your otherwise suffering with dry skin. Lots of people like to use cetaphil lotion, but for me it's comeogenic - dan mentions two ingredients which when combined together can cause problems.

Going to start researching SPF's soon so I'll be all ready for the summer :)
Current Regimé:

Simple refreshing facial wash gel
Peter Thomas Roth Acne Clearing Gel
Neutrogena Visibly Clear oil free moisturiser/Eucerin replenishing face cream 5% urea (winter)

#30 lfreyn

lfreyn

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

Just throwing this SPF out there, which seems to have been overlooked. I've had brilliant success with it on the regimen - Simple Age Resisting Day Cream SPF 15.

I'm also using the Simple Age Resisting Night Cream but its too light for me, weirdly it feels lighter than the day cream version, so might be a good option for people suffering with some oiliness despite BP, while still being more moisturising than the Simple Hydrating Moisturiser, which I used before I starting BP as well. Going to try Cetaphil moisturiser for nighttime I think, and stay on the Age Resisting Day for daytime.

BTW I'm 23 years old female with mild-moderate hormonal acne focused mostly around the nose and chin, with combination sensitive skin.

Ingredients for Simple Age Resisting Day Cream SPF 15:

Aqua, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Glyceryl Stearate, Glycerin, 4-Methylbenzylidene Camphor, Isohexadecane, Butylene Glycol, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Fomes Officinalis Extract, Cetyl Palmitate, Ethylhexyl Triazone, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Carbomer, PEG-100 Stearate, Panthenol, Camellia Sinensis Extract, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Methylparaben, Allantoin, Disodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1,3-Diol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Avena Sativa Kernel Extract, Sodium Benzoate, BHT, Chlorphenesin, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid

Edited by lfreyn, 10 January 2013 - 06:36 PM.

#31 Ellie93

Ellie93

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:27 PM

Has anybody used both acne.org's products and shop bought products and so is able to compare them?

I'm coming to the end of my first acne.org set and have noticed amazing results, but due to the cost of getting them here in the UK i'm hoping that some shop bought products will work just as effectively! However, if Dan's products are by far the best I might just take the hit and get some more shipped over.

Thanks for any tips! 

#32 Nevermind86

Nevermind86

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:35 AM

I get the regular sized benzoyl peroxide shipped over on its own.

UK import duty is +£15 so his bp come in under that. It comes to around £25-30 a time to import it but it's very worth it.

Cleanser I use boots simple cleanser. No SLS. No glycerin so is a little drying. Use extra moisturiser.

Moisturiser I use boots medicated lighter moisturiser.

Boots Pharmaceuticals Derma Care Daily Moisturising Cream- 150ml 7614926

The regular one is very thick, but they have a lighter version. It's not on the moisturiser aisle you have to hunt for it near the chemists.

Hair product look again in boots for "naked care" shampoo and conditioner. No SLS and some have jojoba oil in. :)

No forehead or under hair spots and reduced on my back.

I also became very careful with toothpaste as I noticed the SLS and flouride caused break out near my mouth

#33 maplesyrupmama

maplesyrupmama

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:46 AM

I am currently using Olay Gentle Cleanser Conditioning Milk; it's very gentle and does not over dry my skin. It's pretty cheap anyway, but I got it at Home Bargains where everything is cheaper!

I have recently been using Superdrug's Simply Pure Light Moisturiser Sensitive Skin 75ML (£2.59) - I put extra on the areas where I need to use more BP and it absorbs nicely and is not greasy.

For areas that are extra dry, I rub in Origin's Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief, it's really good for moisturising and a little goes a long way, which is good because it costs a fortune!

For those of you who used to use Panoxyl, they have said on their Facebook page that they will have more in stock in the UK by summer.

#34 snuffles

snuffles

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:08 PM

Just throwing this SPF out there, which seems to have been overlooked. I've had brilliant success with it on the regimen - Simple Age Resisting Day Cream SPF 15.

I'm also using the Simple Age Resisting Night Cream but its too light for me, weirdly it feels lighter than the day cream version, so might be a good option for people suffering with some oiliness despite BP, while still being more moisturising than the Simple Hydrating Moisturiser, which I used before I starting BP as well. Going to try Cetaphil moisturiser for nighttime I think, and stay on the Age Resisting Day for daytime.

BTW I'm 23 years old female with mild-moderate hormonal acne focused mostly around the nose and chin, with combination sensitive skin.

Ingredients for Simple Age Resisting Day Cream SPF 15:

Aqua, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Glyceryl Stearate, Glycerin, 4-Methylbenzylidene Camphor, Isohexadecane, Butylene Glycol, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Fomes Officinalis Extract, Cetyl Palmitate, Ethylhexyl Triazone, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Carbomer, PEG-100 Stearate, Panthenol, Camellia Sinensis Extract, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Methylparaben, Allantoin, Disodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1,3-Diol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Avena Sativa Kernel Extract, Sodium Benzoate, BHT, Chlorphenesin, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid

I'm still not really sure how to read ingredients, but according to the list of comedogenic ingredients from acne.org over here (http://www.acne.org/...guide-body.html), does the "4" in the "4-Methylbenzylidene Camphor" mean it is "4" on the comedogenic scale? and the Stearate seems to come up a few times in the list as well.

Anyone care to help clarify this for me? thanks.