167 replies to this topic

#161 DudleyDoRight

DudleyDoRight

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:33 AM

Always cut to the chase and go to an unbiased source such as NIH for real information.
http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC2921736/

#162 Nelo18

Nelo18

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 December 2011 - 03:55 PM

how do i resize the pictures. i cant see the results, when i open its zoomed in

#163 Nelo18

Nelo18

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:37 AM

Hello all, here to update again. Thank you Steve for your good wishes.

I postponed my 2nd treatment b/c i went away for vacation for a week. I did the 2nd treatment last week. I asked about the depth of penetration into the skin, and they told me for Matrix RF it's 2400 (whatever the unit for this is. I forgot..lol), and for fraxel, its 1500. So it reaches deeper than fraxel.

2nd treatment - started from the most aggressive level, the rest was pretty much the same as the 1st treatment. Not too much pain, not bad at all. scabs were formed on day 2, started falling off on day 4, mostly gone by day 7.

I think the overall tone of my skin has improved. My complexion is brighter. For scars, i haven't really seen any great improvement yet. But my mom says it's working, that my scars are shallower. I guess i should still wait a few weeks to see actually results. I am still very hopeful. At least, it didn't get worse, and my overall tone is much better.

By the way, hydroquinone serum gave me breakouts. So they switched me to phyto+(from SkinCeuticals) for prepping, and that worked fine for me.

Feel free to ask questions guys. I'll update again in a month or so. Hopefully i'll see great results...Posted Image

Good luck everybody, and Happy New Year.

why did u need to use hydroquinone to prep?

#164 imhermit

imhermit

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:04 AM

• if any original posters are still frequenting this website - please provide an update.  Did the scars improve six months after the last of your 4-6 treatments?  Did the scars come back after a year or two?

#165 carolcarol

carolcarol

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:50 AM

i have had to have 4 sublative treatments to notice any difference, i dont know whether that's normal or not, but in terms of results i'm quite happy (of course i would've liked it if the results would've been achieved sooner!) it wasnt painful and the staff at the clinic i went to *Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules.* were amazing!

#166 no_hope

no_hope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:07 PM

i have had to have 4 sublative treatments to notice any difference, i dont know whether that's normal or not, but in terms of results i'm quite happy (of course i would've liked it if the results would've been achieved sooner!) it wasnt painful and the staff at the clinic i went to *Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules.* were amazing!

what type of scarring did you have treated?
as long as you recieved improvement i think it was worth it in my eyes regardless how many amounts of treatments you have to go through

#167 ematrix

ematrix

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:21 PM

DONT DO EMATRIX FOR ACNE SCARING IT DOESNT HELP!!! PLEASE DONT DO THE SAME MISTAKE I DID! MAYBE EMATRIX IS WORKING FOR OTHER PROBLEMS, BUT NOT SCARRING!

I HAVE DONE 4 TREAMTENS AND IT ENDED WITH DERPRISSON AND PIGMENT LOSS....TODAY IM FINE, THANK GOOD!

BEST WICHES FROM SWEDEN!

#168 fbabe

fbabe

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 September 2014 - 12:21 PM

Hi everyone! 

I've only started to go through and read this post today, wish I had followed it sooner. I'm from the UK

So I got my first Sublative rejuvenation treatment done on Saturday 27th Sept 14. I applied the numbing cream for 20 minutes as opposed to the 30 as I was worried about it entering the milk supply as I am currently breastfeeding (my dermatologist said its a safe procedure to carry out whilst nursing for anyone wondering). My dermatologist was the one performing the treatment it went well, though quite painful but I felt this was worth it, as I'm going about treating my skin the right way by doing it professionally unlike all the DIY disasters I've experienced in the past performing TCA peels at home and Glycolic peels etc. So prior to my appointment I had a consultation and was told my issue was ice pick scars which are the most difficult to get rid of therefore was advised to go for three treatments. Although I don't break out anymore and haven't done so for five odd years my teenage acne left me with scarring and a lot of holes on my face which I'm tired of filling in like a plastering job with primer. 

Anyway back on track.. the treatment lasted twenty minutes. I noticed she went over areas she already zapped a few times more and I'm not going to lie it did hurt bad. Maybe I should of put the numbing cream on for the correct amount of time I was telling myself during the treatment. After the treatment was over the Dr. then applied a thick cream with high spf onto my skin which she dabbed on and gave me a mirror to massage the rest in. My initial reaction to what I was looking at in the mirror was "what have I done to my face again?" it was super red and I was scared and thought to myself how can the downtime of recovery be only a few days as the Dr. dermatologist stated in the consultation. I then was given a ice pack sat there for ten minutes and went home. 

It is now day 3. It looks like a train has been over my face a few times, the tracks are quite scabby and dark. My skin feels itchy and tight. I wasn't told this happened after the treatment, could anyone advise me how long it lasts until the face face is free from the tracks? Its my sons birthday on Saturday, wish I had known this happens so I booked it two weeks prior. 

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users