Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jonesy

Isotrexin

30 posts in this topic

hi, guys, back for another update!!

my skin is pretty much near clear - i have two tiny ones (down to the monthly thing i am sure), i can honestly say that i haven't had a zit that needed to be squeezed for about a month!!! wow - usually i would have 4 or 5 a day!! it is nice getting up in the morning and not worrying about what may have erupted in the nite!! so, i am still saying i need another month to give a proper opinion, but for now and for a while recently it has been looking good!! isotrex seems to take well to my skin, i think the reason i havent suffered so much for the redness and flakiness is because my skin isn't really ever dry anyways, and i dont need to moisturise all that much. i take after my dad like that! i use about a pea and a half sized amount for my face and the same amount for the top of my back. ah, i forgot my back is completely clearnow - but was never really really bad.

i have held off n-lite treatment this month, to see if i can do without it. if the cream continues to work then i may not have anymore nlite's. i am a bit skeptical, but i can not say whether it helped initially. its all a waiting thing and i will see in a while. but at 90 a treatment if i can do without then i will!! the thing is - coz my back is fine now and i only had nlite on my face, i am thinking the cream has more of an effect!

i did a show back in june - when my skin was pretty bad - each cheek so bumpy! i have it on video - and in some bits where the light hits me my skin looks awful (luckely the audience would never see this close up)! anyways, i am kindof glad that i can compare then to now!!

how r u getting on?

if u r thinking about isotrex - give it a go!! it is helping me big time!

x

Ive bin on isotrex about three weeks now, it makes my skin dry so ive stopped using twice a day now, only once when go to bed. i use only a pea sized amount. It doesnt seem to prevent any spots appearing yet, still gettin a good ten or so every morning and the blemishes that have been left behind over years of acne, dont seem to be reducing much more than they normally do. Hmmm still sceptical about whether its working but i guess im not meant to see any improvements in such a short space of time, guess ill see over the next 4 weeks

Isotrex was not approved by the FDA for use in the united states for a reason: Tazorac and Retin-a micro are simply superior to isotrex. They're all retinoids and have the same mode of action, yet isotrex is the least effective of the three.

before you judge me take a look at you

can't you find something better to do

point the finger, slow to understand

arrogance and ignorance go hand in hand

- Metallica, "holier than thou"

Hi. I noticed on a thread that you used Aknemycin. I have 5 days of Accutane left and saw my derm today and complained about scarring. He said that what I have are not scars, that they are post inflamation and gave me two topicals (Locoid Lipocream) and Aknemycin. He said the Aknemycin would heal any of the spots that look like scars and calm the redness. When I googles the medication when I got home I noticed that it was more about curing acne then helping scars...in fact, I didn't se anything about it heling scars. I will not be purchasing the medicine until Monday and am very interested in how it made you scar. I'm afraid that with my sensitive skin from Accutane it might make me scar---when really, my doctor said it is supposed to heal them. I'm confused. Please help. thanks so much.

I have got a question. Do i apply isotrexin before or after moisturiser??

My Roaccutane info/log:

-female, 41.5kg

-roaccutane daily, 30mg

-prescribed duration: 6months

~Completed 1st course of roaccutane on 6th Jul~

Current status: ACNE IS BACK!! =((

Current Regime:

On 2nd course of low dose roaccutane:

- 10mg x 2times per week of roaccutane

- Cleanse, Antibiotic Gel, Repair serum to fade marks n heal zits, Collagen moisturiser, sunblock in the day and differin at night