Epiduo & Clindamycin

3 replies to this topic

#1 numero1

numero1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 November 2009 - 11:09 PM

Hello everyone, I'm new here and decided to join since I started using topical antibiotics.

So I've been on Clindamycin for 12 days now; putting it on every morning. I've been on Epiduo for 10 days and I'm putting it on every night before bed. I was my face with 10% BP twice a day and just use cold water to clean off my face throughout the day so as not to cause extreme dryness. Well I guess I am starting to experience the initial breakout and I am getting these deep, painful, red spots and they look really ugly. I was able to use a needle to 'pop' 2 spots; I know it is bad to pop them, but they are exrremely painful, even when I raise my eyebrows, but usually I try not to pick at these spots prematurely since I have noticed that they do take longer to heal. Well just last night I went to sleep with these red spots and put on epiduo on them and woke up this morning with the skin peeled and they were just completely red with the effect that blood is running out, but I applied some neosporin during the day and it seemed like the redness went down. the majority of my acne runs up my right cheek to the temple and over my forehead. I currently have one red spot that is healing on my left cheek. I guess I'm a bit luckier than some people who have it full blown on both cheeks and down the jawline. I have been feeling a bit depressed with the way I look the last few days because of the breakout and I can't even begin to think how you(who have it a bit worse) might feel. I REALLY feel sorry for some of you, but I hope your skin improves ASAP. I'll keep everyone up to date as much as I can because I work almost full time and I am currently in school full time as well.

#2 numero1

numero1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:18 AM

Day 14:
I'm going to go take a shower and then put some clindamycin on. It looks like my IB is clearing up and the reddish marks are now fading. *crossed fingers*

#3 numero1

numero1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 November 2009 - 11:17 AM

Day 21:
Just applied clindamycin. The reddish marks on my right side of my face are practically invisible. My left cheek is almost clear as well although it wasn't as bad as my right cheek. One new red 'thing' popped up along my hairline on my forehead but that will hopefully clear up within a few days. I am a pessimist and I'm actually hopeful that I have a few more days until everything clears up.

#4 numero1

numero1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 November 2009 - 10:36 PM

So its been a month and I haven't noticed any changes whatsoever. I give up. I'll finish up the medication, but as far as seeking further help from antibiotics, I am done with all that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users