Rossignol

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 01 July 2004 - 04:59 AM

Hi everyone,
I know people have posted about these in the past, generally with negative comments, but I just wanted to tell you of the good results I've been getting from using scar reduction pads.
The ones I've been using are by Elastoplast and are unlike the conventional silicon gel pads as they have to be removed every 24 hours and replaced.
I have found that through using them there has been a significant reduction in the redness of my scarring, much of which is new. I must stress that they have not improved the actual scars as far as I can tell, but they HAVE reduced the redness in the scar tissue, and that is currently my goal - to reduce the redness in my scarring before actually treating the scars themselves.
In order to see results, you must use the pads for a couple of months at least, but they are easy to wear - you can use them overnight for scars on the face and under clothing for scars on the body. The scars which seem to have responded best are the atrophic rolling scars on my arms, chest and back - I'm not sure how well they'd work for ice picks, and the product is only supposed to work for keloid scarring, so it won't actually raise the indented tissue. The healing environment that it creates in the skin seems to help reduce the redness in the scars, though.
Don't expect miracles, then, but as a relatively cheap and safe method of scar treatment, I've found them very effective in reducing redness.
Hope this is useful - more information can be found HERE
Paul
smile.gif

#2 OursFan

OursFan

~ Tamara

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Learning how to accept myself.

Posted 01 July 2004 - 09:56 PM

Thanks for the information, Paul. Please keep us updated on your progress with this.
~ Tamara

You cannot perceive beauty but with a serene mind.
- Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)

Visit My Claravis Journal

#3 Novalie

Novalie

Nosce te ipsum.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 February 2005 - 05:34 PM

I read about these on the Elastoplast website. I was wondering if these are the best silicon sheets to use? I was thinking of trying the ScarGuard Liquid scar, but I wasn't sure if I should try the elastoplast instead?

#4 Beaker

Beaker

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 February 2005 - 05:47 PM

I am using these too. A kind of half face test, I use them on red marks on half of my face at night and not on the marks on other half of my face. Been using it for around 2.5 weeks and I too have noticed a reduction in redness but I am reserving my final judgement till I've been using them 8 weeks, cos it's easy to think things are improving etc. also in different lights etc.

The reduction in redness is most noticable when I first take it off in the morning.

This is part of my "do nothing" regimen. After spending a fortune on products that would alledgely help with my scars and having no results other than to have been potentially damaging and thinning my skin I decided to leave my skin alone as much as possible (except the daily BP application for keeping acne away).

I believe that it might not nessesarily be the elastoplast patches particularly but just that by covering the red areas and reducing the oxygen etc. it helps the over activity that has caused the redness to subside perhaps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users