Photo

Neck nodule, I think?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 jumpstart

jumpstart

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 October 2009 - 02:45 AM

Hi everyone,

I believe I have a nodule on my neck..it's a big, hard lump and has been there now for over one week. There is no sign of a white head forming etc. For nodules, do you need to get an injection, or can you just put benzoyl peroxide on it etc and hope it goes away? I am a bit worried, since it's rather big and will likely dent. I have never been told about injections etc before for acne.
The other ones I have around my chin are cysts, I think, since they always come back in the same place and get whiteheads. I always used to pick and squeeze them when I was younger, so is there any hope they will clear?

Attached Files

• Attached File  acne.jpg   505.51K   608 downloads

#2 philip72

philip72

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 October 2009 - 10:26 PM

My suggestion is that you need to have it checked out by a doctor. And I do not mean a dermatologist - I mean a general practitioner. The photo is not very clear and I cannot see it very well. Does it feel like it is on the surface (in the skin) or underneath it? Anyway, lumps in the neck deserve attention, especially if they do not go away after a week.

Best

#3 jumpstart

jumpstart

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 26 October 2009 - 02:05 AM

QUOTE (philip72 @ Oct 22 2009, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My suggestion is that you need to have it checked out by a doctor. And I do not mean a dermatologist - I mean a general practitioner. The photo is not very clear and I cannot see it very well. Does it feel like it is on the surface (in the skin) or underneath it? Anyway, lumps in the neck deserve attention, especially if they do not go away after a week.

Best

It kind of feels like it is underneath the skin. It's gone slightly, but is still firm and red. What can the GP do to nodules? Can these nodule things on the neck be a sign of cancer or something scary? I'm a bit worried. It is STILL there!

Edited by jumpstart, 26 October 2009 - 02:10 AM.

#4 masg

masg

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 October 2009 - 08:53 AM

Your acne is very similar to mine, the 'nodule' on your neck doesn't look much different than a normal cyst to me, though I'm no expert.
I have pretty much the same as you, I wouldn't get worried about that, I doubt it's cancer or anything - though having a doc check it can do no harm wink.gif

wub.gif
Skin condition is good. scars etc.

#5 jumpstart

jumpstart

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 26 October 2009 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE (masg @ Oct 26 2009, 09:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your acne is very similar to mine, the 'nodule' on your neck doesn't look much different than a normal cyst to me, though I'm no expert.
I have pretty much the same as you, I wouldn't get worried about that, I doubt it's cancer or anything - though having a doc check it can do no harm wink.gif

wub.gif

That's good to know there are others out there smile.gif
The reason I thought it was a nodule is because it hasn't formed a whitehead at all and is stilla hard lump and is quite big, but can cysts be like that, too?

#6 Nanteos

Nanteos

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 28 October 2009 - 09:00 AM

My cystic acne usually consist of 4 or 5 lumps under my skin that never come to a head. They start off sore and red for a while, then just turn into flesh colored lumps that stay for weeks.

#7 masg

masg

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 October 2009 - 09:37 AM

QUOTE (jumpstart @ Oct 26 2009, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (masg @ Oct 26 2009, 09:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

wub.gif

That's good to know there are others out there smile.gif
The reason I thought it was a nodule is because it hasn't formed a whitehead at all and is stilla hard lump and is quite big, but can cysts be like that, too?

I sometimes get ones that don't get a head atall, but stay for a week or two and then fade..or not and leave a red mark..

Skin condition is good. scars etc.

#8 HomeBoundGypsy

HomeBoundGypsy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 October 2009 - 01:05 PM

QUOTE (jumpstart @ Oct 22 2009, 02:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi everyone,

I believe I have a nodule on my neck..it's a big, hard lump and has been there now for over one week. There is no sign of a white head forming etc. For nodules, do you need to get an injection, or can you just put benzoyl peroxide on it etc and hope it goes away? I am a bit worried, since it's rather big and will likely dent. I have never been told about injections etc before for acne.
The other ones I have around my chin are cysts, I think, since they always come back in the same place and get whiteheads. I always used to pick and squeeze them when I was younger, so is there any hope they will clear?

Well I can't determine anything from the picture... but from what you're saying, it could be a cyst or something else. How big is it? I don't want to freak you out, but I'm serious, get to a family doctor now. Insist on getting some sort of scan. Somebody I know noticed a hard lump on the side of his neck. Doctors thought it might be a cyst, he got a scan done, and they found a questionable mass. Sent him to an Ear Nose & Throat doctor, where they drew sample biopsies out of it and confirmed a high stage malignant cancer. He underwent surgeries, treatment, etc... he's doing well now though. So I really hope that what you have is just a cyst or a nodule. But don't wait... get it checked out ASAP. Stay calm, & best of luck to you.

"Because I have known true happiness, because I had seen the light at some point in my life, this is why I keep hope. The light has been hidden from me now, but searching, I shall find it again. And with it I shall regain a heart full of joy. Will any come with me?"

#9 clearskinn

clearskinn

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 November 2009 - 12:36 AM

ya that acne is kind of serious.. I suggest you start some accutan or retinoid. good luck!