Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fineyoungcannibals

Every single pimple is leaving a scar.

35 posts in this topic

I was using the regimen for about 3 months but have recently stopped. i've always had consistent pimples on my chin, and a few more elsewhere. not so bad. i decided to try trentinoin (for some stupid, stupid reason) and it ruined my skin. i got my first couple of scars, consistent pimples developed on both cheeks, and others popped up more frequently then before. but ive never really had a problem with scarring. i switched to the regimen. i made sure not to pick whiteheads to avoid scarring. i recently noticed though, since using the regimen, every. single. pimple. leaves a red scar behind. even the tiniest red pimple, with no whitehead, leaves a scar. i rarely get whiteheads. some pimples only last 2-4 days but still leave a scar?! i also realized the consistent pimples i THOUGHT i still had on my cheeks, are not pimples, but scars! i haven't been doing anything to irritate my skin other than using an exfoliating scrub twice a week. am i doing/not doing somehing that i'm not aware of? i have a dermatoligist appointment dec 4...but i need some advice for now :/

I was using the regimen for about 3 months but have recently stopped. i've always had consistent pimples on my chin, and a few more elsewhere. not so bad. i decided to try trentinoin (for some stupid, stupid reason) and it ruined my skin. i got my first couple of scars, consistent pimples developed on both cheeks, and others popped up more frequently then before. but ive never really had a problem with scarring. i switched to the regimen. i made sure not to pick whiteheads to avoid scarring. i recently noticed though, since using the regimen, every. single. pimple. leaves a red scar behind. even the tiniest red pimple, with no whitehead, leaves a scar. i rarely get whiteheads. some pimples only last 2-4 days but still leave a scar?! i also realized the consistent pimples i THOUGHT i still had on my cheeks, are not pimples, but scars! i haven't been doing anything to irritate my skin other than using an exfoliating scrub twice a week. am i doing/not doing somehing that i'm not aware of? i have a dermatoligist appointment dec 4...but i need some advice for now :/

The same goes to me. I noticed the scars get deeper and deeper which i never experienced before especially on my cheeks. My pimples are mostly on my chin so it shouldn't have scars my cheeks. I have had those old scars years ago. I am not sure if im being too sensitive or what but indeed the scars are getting very obvious lately. Does BP have anything to do with it? What can i do to stop it from getting more serious and deeper? Can AHA help? Or does it have anything to do with black/whiteheads?

BP definitely makes your skin prone to scarring. I didn't have any acne scars before I started using BP, but now, as you said, every pimple leaves a scar behind.

BP definitely makes your skin prone to scarring. I didn't have any acne scars before I started using BP, but now, as you said, every pimple leaves a scar behind.

Gosh!! It might as well back to square one. No more acne but more scars! I really feel like a monster looking at the mirror with all those deepen scars. Help! Should i stop using the BP now to avoid more scars or deepen it? I do not want my face to end up like the moon!

Are you using AHA? I think that's supposed to help with scaring/red marks. From what I keep reading I might want to order AHA before I start using the regimen now. This is almost scaring me into not using it.

yep the regimen deff does leave a lot of scars and red marks and they take extra long to heal for some reason.

Are you using AHA? I think that's supposed to help with scaring/red marks. From what I keep reading I might want to order AHA before I start using the regimen now. This is almost scaring me into not using it.

yup, what he said.. I've always had mild acne, but it looks sever now that all my cheeks are marked up. My face looks like a coloring board. FUBP

i have so many red marks its ridiculous. Like what you said clearskinn i had very mild acne before but now it looks like i have a serious acne problem with all these marks.

I have so many i can't distinguish old dried up pimples from new ones, i forget because everything looks the same.

3 months into regimen and i am now seriously considering accutane and i don't have health insurance so its going to be Uber expensive. Yayyyyy

FML!

This thread is freaking me out a bit. Please differentiate between red marks (that will eventually fade..) and actual scars. Have people been getting scars from using the regimen? Red marks I can live with, but scarring will make me stop the regimen.

I've noticed the crazy amounts of redmarks too. So now, whenever I pop a pimple or see a deep red mark on my face I apply Mederma to it before applying the BP morning and night. It makes the new red marks fade in like 2 weeks. It still sucks, but it definitely helps!

By "scars" are most of you referring to red marks?

http://www.acne.org/faq.html#redmarks

I am talking about actual HOLES in the skin. I can take a picture later. I have several little holes around my mouth and on the cheeks from just whiteheads. I don't want to think what a cyst will leave.

BP tends to leave red marks, not scars, unless you pick at them repeatedly.

Sometimes these red marks look like your skin is a bit burnt, and it peels after a few days, but I wouldn't be too concerned.

Just use it in moderation.

I've been reading up on this, and so far I can't find any credible site that claims BP causes acne scars. I've actually read it could HELP some acne scars. The side effects listed are: Red marks, dry skin, itchy skin, skin irritation and redness.

I'm not talking about scars, i'm talking about "red marks" which is something like hyper pigmentation.. But yea, it takes forever for them to dissapear, like months.

I've been on the regimen for about 2 1/2 months and it seems like it is leaving me really bad red marks, and it looks like scarring, a couple of deep red scars.....I'm seriously thinking about stopping the regimen and i'm going to go back to Retin A micro. I have no insurance but i have no choice, when i use retin A it clears up and leaves no scarring what so ever.

Acne causes scars, not benzoyl peroxide. Genetics, your own natural rate of healing, your health and nutrition status, sun exposure, picking, etc. all may play a role in whether or not you scar from acne. Also, if your skin is currently irritated or dehydrated/overly dry, you may be more prone to scarring. This is why the moisturizer step of the Regimen is so important. The healthier your skin is while you are clearing up the acne, the better the general outcome. And remember, it isn't these things that are causing the scars, it's the acne, so clearing up the acne is the biggest step you can take in preventing future scars.

As for red marks, check out these links. http://www.acne.org/faq.html#prolong

http://www.acne.org/ethnic-skin-and-acne.html

http://www.acne.org/faq.html#redmarks

And here's some info on scars. http://www.acne.org/scars.php

Apple cider vinegar diluted with water is an amazing toner, great for relieving redness.

I have noticed the same thing. I've had acne for many years but after a year of BP usage my skin started to scar sooo easily. my question for the above people who experienced the same thing is: did your skin stop scarring so easily after quitting BP?

Please help I would really like to know :/

I have noticed the same thing. I've had acne for many years but after a year of BP usage my skin started to scar sooo easily. my question for the above people who experienced the same thing is: did your skin stop scarring so easily after quitting BP?

Please help I would really like to know :/

I'm having the same problem. Right now, I feel that the explanation of the BP not causing scarring is bogus. I've had a lot of acne in my 30 years and when it cleared up, I had brown marks that were raised but use of lime juice (for the AHA) removed them completely. I have never had a pit or indentation on my face until last month. I had a recent bought of acne and began the BP and now I am depressed and have crying episodes. I'm quitting the BP and beginning to use Bath and Body Works body lotion on my face because it's a good moisturizer, so I'll let you know how it goes. I have a hunch that the extreme dryness from the BP is causing the acne to scar; maybe the skin needs MUCH more moisture to heal properly.

Man its crazy today i woke up and dude, i have scars to for the fucking first time ever, ive had acne for so long but , what do you know, after all these years, (im 19) as soon as i start applying bp, almost 2 months in.. I GET SCARS. Its like dents right under the red marks, and i know this because when i smiled in the mirror MY SKIN HAD A FEW DENTED SPOTS !.. I felt like crying and im a dude. Not to mention my skin is red as hell and its so hot outside. People at my job were asking me whats wrong because I seemed frustrated and because they all noticed my tomato face, My coworker in the office told me it looks like i got sun burned. I havent been in the sun in 2 weeks until this morning, for about 7 8 minutes total. Not continiously either. This is bullshit , and i feel like killing myself

BP destroyed my skin, before i never scarred. Few month into BP im dealing with scars. Does anyone know if stopping will return my skin to normal ?