Photo

Working out alot causes me to break out why?

This topic is archived.
24 replies to this topic

#1 criket

criket

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 October 2009 - 07:45 PM

I go to the gym or park atleast 4 times a week why is that working out causes acne can anybody answer this no matter what i do the sweat always causes me to break out what can i do to prevent that I heard taking a cold shower right after is good i feel is true what do u think or what else can I do?

#2 c'est la vigne

c'est la vigne

All aboard the nekobus!!!

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 14
About Me

Posted 17 October 2009 - 07:49 PM

Moved to the Nutrition And Holistic Health board, which is for discussing nutrition and healthy lifestyle choices (which, I suppose, includes working out).

The Acne Research board is for discussing the latest acne studies and scientific evidence. ; )

and i totally would have a crush on you if I had any lesbian tendencies

[sig-img:553]

Click here to find out why I'm so frustrated.

... and watch out for those RBDs.

#3 Deadmau5

Deadmau5

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 October 2009 - 08:46 PM

Testosterone levels spike.
Prisoner on Acne.org now lmaooooo peace out.

#4 Guest_DireStraits_*

Guest_DireStraits_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 18 October 2009 - 12:16 AM

OMG this is exactly what happens to me!
I know i'm not breaking out cause of sweat though cause I do plenty of cardio but never get any unusual break outs from that.
Whenever I work out with weights I get these inflammed cysts that develop well under the skin and once they're gone the red marks last ages. Red marks from eating crap food dont last as long as this for me.
I've also noticed a trend when I work out I would have wet dreams a couple of days after. I've had to stop lifting weights which I love doing, however I have noticed results which is a positive.
Ugghh I need help as well on this matter cause I enjoy working my body.

#5 pana16

pana16

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 18 October 2009 - 08:13 AM

i used to break out after the gym when my diet was crap... maybe it's the sweat that release the toxins of the body over the skin and inrritate it... now my diet is better and don't break out on the gym (i go 6 times per week) and make my skin smoother

#6 databased

databased

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 October 2009 - 11:39 AM

QUOTE (criket @ Oct 17 2009, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
why is that working out causes acne

It's more likely it's just correlated with things that cause acne. Perhaps you time your exercise in a way that impacts your melatonin cycle. Perhaps you drink more caffeine or ingest more fructose (Coke, apples, pears, smoothies, etc.) when you're exercising more. Perhaps you sleep fewer hours or make your bedtime more irregular to make time for exercise. Perhaps you reward yourself for doing more exercise by using more drugs (e.g., alchohol) that interfere with melatonin. Perhaps you do more exercise when the days get shorter and you're getting less retinal light exposure anyway.

I heard taking a cold shower right after is good

Really? Never studied it, but on the surface it seems like a bad idea to force your blood vessels to turn on a dime from fully dilated to constricted -- especially if you're carrying any abdominal fat (indicative of allostatic load and therefore increased risk of cardiovascular disease). Sure seems like snow shovelling produces a goodly crop of heart attacks every year; I always presumed that was guys dilating their blood vessels until they got hot, then flinging off their coats and constricting them.

#7 criket

criket

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 October 2009 - 02:49 PM

thanks you guys and having oily skin doesnt help either right while your working out I do alot of cardio and ab workouts.

#8 Nate2003

Nate2003

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 October 2009 - 12:16 PM

I have very oily skin, mostly just my face region and mildly on back. I work out 2-3 days a week and try to rinse off afterwards which all I get is preset water temp which is really hot. I get zits on face and back/shoulders and little on chest to ab region.
Whether or not working out has a effect on this.. possibly but I was getting acne before I started working out. It could be irritating it a bit more. I am a major sweater.

You'll hear some say sweat causes acne and some say it won't.. although it's not great to leave it on your skin for a long period of time which is why I rinse off.

I'm having a cardiogram done tomorrow at some herbal place. I'll see how that goes with trying to figure out wtf is wrong with my body.

#9 Nate2003

Nate2003

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 19 October 2009 - 12:26 PM

I said the wrong word "cardiogram" something that is performed to read your hand that is suppose to show what your body is needing the most of. Showing some sort of flaw.

#10 iceopal

iceopal

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Tennis, Hiking, Shopping, Traveling, Marine Biology, Snowboarding, Cooking, Science Fiction, History, Sanrio, Incubus, Exercise

Achievements

Posted 19 October 2009 - 02:40 PM

hey i reccomend taking something for adrenal support! working out may stress your adrenals too much. go to the helthfood store and see what they have. if they dont have combined supplement for that a couple things for adrenal support are: maca, chaste tree berry

#11 criket

criket

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 October 2009 - 10:10 PM

thanks you guys for your advise

#12 Packerfan785

Packerfan785

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 October 2009 - 10:19 PM

Don't do ab work outs. What are your goals? To gain weight? To gain overall muscle? To look good? To loose weight? To get in shape?
Please, use Retin-A. It has nearly eliminated my acne and continues to lighten my red marks.

#13 evasion

evasion

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 October 2009 - 11:55 PM

uhh what's wrong with ab workouts?
Trying to lower the Glycemic Load of my diet. I think this might be my cure.

#14 criket

criket

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 October 2009 - 12:14 AM

Not really I been doing ab workouts and pull ups for about 1 year now and could notice six pack coming through so yeah ofcouse thats why I do it but no I only breakout when I sweat to much and dont wash my face right after but this is so annoying I want to know why do I breakout this never happened before its only when I sweat to much.

#15 Packerfan785

Packerfan785

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 October 2009 - 11:38 AM

QUOTE (evasion @ Oct 22 2009, 12:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
uhh what's wrong with ab workouts?

Abs are all about having low body fat. You can spend your time more wisely doing compound lifts that target the abs while hitting other parts rather than directly focusing on the abs. Put effort into taking in less calories than you need and you will lose that body fat.
Please, use Retin-A. It has nearly eliminated my acne and continues to lighten my red marks.

#16 Nate2003

Nate2003

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 22 October 2009 - 11:43 AM

true, for males you get around 10% BF and less you'll be seeing them, working them though will help the definition as well, many exercises are already using your core but doesn't hurt hitting them at the end of a work out if you feel the need. I do mine about twice a week. Eat healthy.. as some say abs are made in the kitchen not in the gym.

#17 JoeBloggs

JoeBloggs

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:41 PM

I seem to break out exclusively on the chin after working out, ive heard that chin acne is usually hormonal so Im thinking maybe its something to do with testosterone levels after training or something like that?

I sweat alot when I train, no kidding I sweat like crazy, but the sweat gets everywhere all over my face but I only seem to breakout on the chin and no other areas of the face?

Its doing my head in

#18 theGreyhound

theGreyhound

"this too shall pass"

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:52 PM

I hope this statement is true (tell me if I am incorrect) but I think it's safe to say

"Sweat does not cause acne"

...Sweating clears out your pores, and is a natural process. When working out, sweat isn't the problem. (Just wipe it off your face after.) Sweating doesn't even necessarily clog pores, does it?

21YO MALE / Completed Accutane (5 months @ 80mg/day) in 2009 / 95% CLEAR

Clean face morning + night with SpectroGel / Lukewarm showers (not hot water)
Use humidifier in winter / 50mg Zinc Citrate daily!!! / Shave with electric foil razor
Low glycemic/sugar, Low-wheat, Dairy-free diet / Launder pillow cases regularly
One drop of tea tree oil mixed into Complex 15 moisturizer morning and night

#19 Deadmau5

Deadmau5

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 October 2009 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE (andrewharv @ Oct 22 2009, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hope this statement is true (tell me if I am incorrect) but I think it's safe to say

"Sweat does not cause acne"

...Sweating clears out your pores, and is a natural process. When working out, sweat isn't the problem. (Just wipe it off your face after.) Sweating doesn't even necessarily clog pores, does it?

It can cause blackheads.
Prisoner on Acne.org now lmaooooo peace out.

#20 evasion

evasion

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 October 2009 - 09:48 PM

What I'm hoping is that exercise pushes all of the crap out of your body by utilizing its biggest organ (skin). So, if my diet gets better I should be clear. I was actually almost clear for a couple weeks on a vegan diet but that may have been luck. I think that dairy and too much meat clogs our systems and forces our bodies to expel things through the skin.
Trying to lower the Glycemic Load of my diet. I think this might be my cure.