Photo

scheduled for colonic on thurs

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 malia

malia

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 June 2004 - 10:49 AM

i'm really nervous about this colonic because i've heard that patients have died because the solution was not balanced...that it was just plain water which gets absorbed into your body and messes up the equilibrium in your system...

those of you who have had an enema or colonic before, please give me some advice or tips! thanks!

#2 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 29 June 2004 - 11:09 AM

Died??? shock.gif Gooooood luck...stay safe!

Talk to Nico....
Life is but a breath. Here is my story...

#3 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 June 2004 - 12:27 PM

:blink: Died? :blink:

Naw....I don't think that's the case, except in maybe a rare exception (I've never heard of any deaths). It's important to go to someone who is experienced, though.

One very important thing to remember, and I'm glad I knew about it when I got my last colonic. Get some Emergen-C from the healthfood store (vitamin c plus electrolytes). It's VERY IMPORTANT to take it after receiving a colonic. I got lots of "fills" in my last colonic, and I got some cramping afterward. Fortunately, I was going to the healthfood store right after, and I picked up some Emergen-C there and I took it (it's a powder you mix with an inch or two of water), and in about 20 minutes, the cramps had subsided almost totally. Then, when I got home, I took another packet and BAM! The cramps were totally gone.

Keep in mind that this isn't common....my hydrotherapist didn't have an appointment behind me and so she just kept filling me up; I had a lot of gook to get out. It can dehydrate you a bit, but if you take some electrolytes, you will be just fine.

The process itself is very simple and not uncomfortable for the most part. I didn't get colonics for years, even knowing about them, because I just felt uncomfortable with it. But now...I'm so glad that I have done it!

#4 Whatever-and-Ever

Whatever-and-Ever

Queen of Sunscreen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 June 2004 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE(Denise2 @ Jun 29 2004, 02:14 PM)
I got lots of "fills" in my last colonic, and I got some cramping afterward. 

But now...I'm so glad that I have done it!

So, what's a "fill". I'm totally not familiar with this whole colonic thing. What's it all about? What are the benefits and why were so happy to have done them?
Hi.

#5 malia

malia

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 June 2004 - 11:34 PM

how long does a session normally last? i think that a patient might have "died" because they were on a very extended colonic...in which you DO absorb enough water overtime to destroy your body's balance. but i've been reading how there are actually more regulations now and the clinic should be certified.

anywho, i changed my colonic to next tuesday...

is the emergen-c just a solution of vitamin c?

#6 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 July 2004 - 08:11 AM

Going for a colonic today!!!

I'm still waiting for my SWF to take effect right now though. doubt.gif

#7 Perseus

Perseus

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 July 2004 - 09:27 AM

Hi all, this is my first post here, so please bear with me if this link has already been posted. I was doing a google search on colonics in response to Whatever and Ever's query and came across this interesting article on colonics and detoxification in general.

http://www.quackwatc...ics/gastro.html

#8 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 14 July 2004 - 09:48 AM

No worries Perseus...we realize that there is an abundance of contradicting information on the internet. That's why we feel it's best to trust our own instincts and research.

#9 Catwoman

Catwoman

Little red riding hood

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 July 2004 - 12:06 PM

at the end of that page :lol:

Reader Protest

We received this e-mail response from someone who apparently has deep feelings on this subject:

Since you think you're so informed on what would constitute staying healthy, why don't you actually stay on top of MEDICAL RESEARCH. Scientists have discovered 90% of the seratonin in the body is produced IN THE COLON WALL. AND they've realized we have a second brain, which is located in the wall of the intestine. The conclusion is that our health depends on the health of the colon. How can a colon weighing 30 pds (as many autopsy's find), be healthy? YOU ARE THE QUACK. Are the drug companies giving you a kick back?!? You should be ashamed of your life's work. You do nothing but harm people. The medical establishment, kills more people in a month, than natural medicine has in 50 years. Why don't you do some legitamite research. You just like the attention of knocking down people legitamately trying to help people. I hope your parents aren't still alive to see what you've become.

#10 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 July 2004 - 03:32 PM

And if one is so inclined to dismiss the comment directed towards Quackwatch, check this out: http://depts.washing..._article16.html

Jason Rubins, author of The Maker's Diet, also discusses this at great length in his book.

#11 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 July 2004 - 03:34 PM

I just did my first ever colonic!!!!! HOOAH!!! Denise...did you have a chance to see your "stuff" at the very end? I didn't. doubt.gif But I did see it passing through the tube though.

I wrote about my experience in my regimen log. smile.gif

#12 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 July 2004 - 06:04 PM

Hey JC: I responded to you on your personal regimen log.