whitehead whiteheads pimple pimples aha alpha hydroxy acid

5 replies to this topic

#1 rrw

rrw

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 October 2009 - 08:59 PM

I had a huge whitehead break about 2 months ago. It's the first time that this has happened to me - it used to be a few pimples on my forehead, now it's whiteheads everywhere, and they're all under my skin. I've been exfoliating a few times a week since a month ago, and I'm using a serum containing salicylic acid and the Acne.org AHA lotion for about a month now, and it's basically still all closed comedones.

How much longer do I have to wait for them to go away??? sad.gif

#2 22andCounting

22andCounting

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 October 2009 - 11:29 PM

It sounds like whatever your using isn't working for you, and that's okay because everybody's skin is different.

Usually if there's no difference at all within a month, not even a little difference, that means you should probably rethink your method. But, whatever you do, DO NOT POP THEM! I know it's hard to resist, but when you pop whiteheads, you're potentially spreading bacteria to other parts of your face, making your acne worse. Popping pimples can also lead to scarring.

It sounds like you have the same type of acne that I suffered from for the most part. I had mostly whiteheads, and my face was red and painful.

What seems to work for me is using a really gentile cleanser, like the Acne.org one, or Cetaphil is another one of my favorites. Then I use a toner with Salicylic acid in it. Clearasil has a good one that has 2% salicylic. Then I follow it with the Acne.org "Treatment" cream. I've also started using pure 100% Tea Tree Oil as a spot treatment. You can get it at the grocery store. You do have to be careful with Tea Tree Oil though, be sure to read the bottle before you try it because it can be very harsh. But, I've found that it dries up acne really quickly. If I put it on a new pimple once or twice a day, it usually clears it up in a day or two.

The key is patience. With acne, there is no quick fix. But you'll know right away what's working and what isn't. I hope I've been helpful!

#3 rrw

rrw

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 October 2009 - 12:26 AM

Thanks, but I think my spots are mostly closed comedones, so I can't pop them even if I want to cuz nothing comes out. Also it's been the same bumps that have been sitting on my face for the past 2 months now, no new ones have formed, it was just a massive sudden breakout and then it stopped. Now occasionally a couple of them would have a head that can be popped or turn into a big cyst, but majority of them are colorless bumps.

#4 Termolyt

Termolyt

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 October 2009 - 04:46 AM

Real whiteheads or pustules?

If they're real whiteheads and have been around for months, that sounds more like something else than acne. Comedones usually go away on their own in a couple of days, for me whiteheads are even briefer than blackheads. They don't seem to get as hardened and stuck as the blackies do.

#5 rrw

rrw

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 October 2009 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE (Termolyt @ Oct 7 2009, 05:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Real whiteheads or pustules?

If they're real whiteheads and have been around for months, that sounds more like something else than acne. Comedones usually go away on their own in a couple of days, for me whiteheads are even briefer than blackheads. They don't seem to get as hardened and stuck as the blackies do.

well they're just elevated skin-colored bumps, some of them would mature and have a seed that can be popped out, but most of them are under my skin - i don't think they're pustules cuz there isn't pus or inflammation

#6 Alona

Alona

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 October 2009 - 02:25 PM

You need to give any regimen 8 weeks to work.

You might benefit from steaming, but don't pop or pick them.

My whiteheads last awhile.
If you are worried they are caused by yeast, you can try using some tea tree oil on your face. It is known to kill candida.

Edited by Alona, 07 October 2009 - 02:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users