6 replies to this topic

#1 InquisitiveCreature

InquisitiveCreature

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 05 October 2009 - 02:30 PM

Rosacea, broken blood vessels, telangiectasia, I keep finding all these things it could be and I don't know what to do! I can't fix it if I don't know what it is.

My derm said broken blood vessels from acne, so my mom orders this stuff called Auriderm, vitamin k oxide for spider veins. I use it for weeks with no results.

I don't know if it's rosacea, because I don't have any weird bumps in those areas, just acne like whiteheads and blackheads. I have really bad red marks too.

I have a picture in my post "What my dermatologist told me..." if you want a visual. Please help sad.gif

#2 katharine

katharine

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me
  • Interests:Getting rid of hyper-pigmentation and travelling.

Posted 09 October 2009 - 07:11 AM

None of the responses in that thread helps?

for the convenience of other people, who might able to help, here is the link to her post
What my Dematologist told me..., Does this mean I have rosacea?...

however the image is not really clear to tell, and it has been one month old already.
Other members here might be able to help you better with a new recent picture in better quality.

#3 InquisitiveCreature

InquisitiveCreature

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 October 2009 - 05:33 PM

Thanks xD
Yeah I had to take that on my phone, I have no other camera. I'll see what I can do.

#4 HateANDLove

HateANDLove

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 October 2009 - 12:43 AM

Hmmmm- I wrote something long but now that I further examine your picture I'm not sure what it is. Do you flush at all? Does your face ever feel hot or no?

Edited by HateANDLove, 12 October 2009 - 12:56 AM.

#5 InquisitiveCreature

InquisitiveCreature

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 October 2009 - 02:52 PM

No to both of your questions. But...if you look where the red area starts, you can see little blood vessels, they're really thin.

#6 MrsZ

MrsZ

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 October 2009 - 03:23 PM

That picture is not clear and you cannot discern if you have broken veins. Your information is very vague too.

You also did not your metion your dermatologists full diagnosis and you did not tell us what you are currently using to treat your skin.

A lot of people come to this section of the forum convinced that they have some unusual skin disorder. They come on here after seeing a dermatologist and they don't agree with the dermatologist's diagnosis (which they never put in their posts anyway). If a dermatologist doesn't give you a diagnosis of rosacea or eczema or anytihng else - if he or she doesn't tell you that you have an unusual skin disorder THAT IS A GOOD THING! This means there is nothing really wrong with your skin. You just need to stop obsessivley looking at your skin under flourescent lighting! If you look for flaws, you will always find them.

My guess is that you have a standard case of inflamed acne, with residual acne scars aka red marks. Alot of people get those - it is very common. They go away in about six months. Your skin could also be severly irritated from acne products. Its hard to tell because you didn't tell us what you are using on your skin.

If you do have broken veins, those get removed via lasers or via other minor surgical procedures such and must be done by a dermatologist.

Did you dermatologist give you anything?

I would think that the topical Financea would help as would a 3-4 month course of antibiotics.

#7 InquisitiveCreature

InquisitiveCreature

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 November 2009 - 08:48 AM

Kk thanks...All he said was "broken blood vessels caused form acne" I am currently using Cetaphil wash and lotion, Ziana once a day 3 times a week. I'm going to start Dan's regimen soon. I take multivitamins and Vilantae.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users