Photo

Redness, peeling, dry skin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 Lukas111

Lukas111

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 October 2009 - 11:26 AM

Hello everybody!

Firstly, the Regimen really helps. It's the second month and my face is almost clear, just a few pimples left. I'm using one full pump twice per day. I do the Regimen about 10-12 hours intervals. But one problem, my skin is very dry and it's still red (sunburnt look), also it's peeling very much. I'm going to stop the Regimen for a few days to recover my skin and begin again after that. I just want to stop the redness and peeling.

What I use?

Cleanser: Garnier Pure Active with 2% Purifying Salicylic Acid + HerbaSoothe
Benzoyl Peroxide: Aknefug- oxid mild 3% (it's 3% BP)
Moisturizer: Uriage Hyseac Emulsion Hydra Matifiante

Does anyone can help me with the redness and dry skin? Maybe I need to change some products? What you suggest?

Thanks for your answers

Edited by Lukas111, 03 October 2009 - 11:28 AM.

#2 NoGivingUp

NoGivingUp

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 October 2009 - 12:09 PM

QUOTE (Lukas111 @ Oct 3 2009, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello everybody!

Firstly, the Regimen really helps. It's the second month and my face is almost clear, just a few pimples left. I'm using one full pump twice per day. I do the Regimen about 10-12 hours intervals. But one problem, my skin is very dry and it's still red (sunburnt look), also it's peeling very much. I'm going to stop the Regimen for a few days to recover my skin and begin again after that. I just want to stop the redness and peeling.

What I use?

Cleanser: Garnier Pure Active with 2% Purifying Salicylic Acid + HerbaSoothe
Benzoyl Peroxide: Aknefug- oxid mild 3% (it's 3% BP)
Moisturizer: Uriage Hyseac Emulsion Hydra Matifiante

Does anyone can help me with the redness and dry skin? Maybe I need to change some products? What you suggest?

Thanks for your answers

I do not think it's a good idea to stop the regimen for a few days in order to let your skin recover. Your skin is adjusting and if you stop, you'll throw everything off. Once you start again, you will have to go through the dry/red/peely phase all over again. Take it from someone who has been there! smile.gif
It's best to get through it now and let your skin get used to it. Then, it should subside.

I have never heard of the moisturizer that you use, but I have just started using Cetaphil and this stuff works very very well.

Your cleanser also contains salicylic acid, which I heard is not recommended while also using BP, as the two can both cause irritation and the SA isn't necessary for the regimen.
That is what I remember anyway.

Hope this helps.

#3 Lukas111

Lukas111

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 October 2009 - 12:20 PM

NoGivingUp, thanks for your suggest. I just want to say that my skins is peeling very much and it's dry too. I'm just afraid of scars or something like that if I continue the Regimen now. I'm afraid of damage my face. Should I really continue the Regimen?

By the way, tonight I'm going to use Clarins HydraQuench Rich Cream for very dry skin.

#4 Brandy

Brandy

• Regimen Assistance
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 October 2009 - 02:39 PM

Eliminate your medicated cleanser and use a nonmedicated one. That will help. And for now, decrease the bp to about a pea-sized blob and make sure your moisturizer is a good one. You might want to add a few drops of jojoba oil to it to help with the dryness.
Check out these links for more help. http://www.acne.org/faq.html#help
http://www.acne.org/faq.html#dry

Hope that helps.

We're all in this together.

#5 Lukas111

Lukas111

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 October 2009 - 02:45 PM

Brandy, thanks a lot for help. But I have one more question, can I use cleanser with jajoba oil? I mean that cleanser ingredient is jajoba oil. Also, what moisturizer you suggest to use?

#6 Brandy

Brandy

• Regimen Assistance
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 October 2009 - 02:54 PM

Lukas, Do you live in the US? If so, here are our product recommendations. http://www.acne.org/...ingsupplies.php The moisturizers are at the bottom.

We're all in this together.

#7 Lukas111

Lukas111

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 October 2009 - 03:02 PM

That's the problem... I live in Europe (Lithuania). So, it's really hard to find good supples. That's the reason why I'm asking about cleanser and other products.
But I'm very grateful for your help. Thank you very much.

#8 Lukas111

Lukas111

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:42 AM

I want to thank you for everybody who helped me. I changed some products and decreased BP size to half finger. It helped very much. My skin isn't peeling anymore, redness subside and my skin not to dry now. Thank you for your help smile.gif

#9 c'est la vigne

c'est la vigne

All aboard the nekobus!!!

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 14
About Me

Posted 05 October 2009 - 09:38 AM

That's really good to hear. : )

and i totally would have a crush on you if I had any lesbian tendencies

[sig-img:553]

Click here to find out why I'm so frustrated.

... and watch out for those RBDs.