Photo

purell or hand sanitizer

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 rosieposie

rosieposie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 October 2009 - 03:31 PM

Has anyone ever used hand sanitizer for cleaning their face. I just bought some and used it. It smells alot like rubbing alcohol. I am very oily and thought I would try it. If it kills bacteria maybe it will help with my acne.

Edited by rosieposie, 01 October 2009 - 03:32 PM.

#2 yeegreen1

yeegreen1

Oppan Gangnam Style~!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:10 PM

Umm... dont you think it would burn your skin? I suggest you use a non-drying cleanser because when a drying cleanser dryes your face, it makes your face really oily after because its stripping your skin from natural oils. I suggest whatever Dan suggested on his site. I think it was Cetaphil.

Goodnight!

Jon

"Freedom is the right to question and change the established way of doing things. It is the continuous revolution of the marketplace. It is the understanding that allows us to recognize shortcomings and seek solutions."

#3 Cecelia

Cecelia

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 October 2009 - 09:54 PM

I would not suggest using hand sanitiser on your face. It has a very high alcohol content and usually is heavily perfumed.

#4 c'est la vigne

c'est la vigne

All aboard the nekobus!!!

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 14
About Me

Posted 01 October 2009 - 09:57 PM

Hand sanitizer is overly-drying and much too harsh to be used as a facial "cleanser". If anything, it'll probably end up irritating your skin and making your acne worse.

and i totally would have a crush on you if I had any lesbian tendencies

[sig-img:553]

Click here to find out why I'm so frustrated.

... and watch out for those RBDs.

#5 Warrior of Acne

Warrior of Acne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 October 2009 - 04:57 PM

I agree with everybody above me. Purell is meant for your hands, not your face. I would imagine it would sting like hell too.

#6 aafreeman21

aafreeman21

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:05 PM

Ok fist of all hand sanitizer has a load of alcohol in it. If you put it on your acne, not only will you have dry skin. your pores will be clogged thus causing more acne possibly in the form of cysts or nodules

#7 XC60

XC60

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 October 2009 - 08:43 PM

That is definitely NOT a good idea! Alcohol is one of THE worst things you could put on acne-prone skin! I will tell you what I've been using as a cleanser, but not in the traditional way. The one and only old-fashioned Noxzema...yup, the smelly stuff in the blue jar. Through some trial and error, I've come up with a different way to use it. Instead of using it as a mask, and then wiping it off, I simply put the jar in the shower with me, apply it to my wet neck and face, and then wipe it away. It has done wonders for me, don't expect much lather, much like Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser. Only one difference, it's 100X more effective and gentle!

Edited by CoolGuy68, 06 October 2009 - 08:44 PM.

Volvo For Life!

#8 CCasey

CCasey

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 October 2009 - 10:31 PM

why? im mean really? come on now..common sense. im being harsh =/. are you really that desperate? in any case, FOR YOUR SAKE dont do it. or do it, and you'll learn a valuable lesson...

Products: Miracle Peel Cloth, Dan's AHA, Dermalogica cleanser/moistruizer, Oil-absorbing sheets, Neutrogena Sunscreen

#9 luvasiaboyz

luvasiaboyz

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 12
About Me

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:00 PM

I use hand sanitizer as a spot treatment. shrinks the pimples overnight, but don't use it all over, too drying.

#10 ls206816

ls206816

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:47 PM

I use it and it works better then anything else Ive ever tried. But I use it as more of a spot treatment.