#1 makeupjunkietoo

makeupjunkietoo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 29 September 2009 - 06:26 PM

Hi,

I'm new to this board. I'm a 23 y/o female. Had my first dermatologist's visit today. The derm just took one look at my face and prescribed Finacea and Tretinoin without talking to me about the products and how to use them. I'm supposed to use Tretinoin at night and Finacea twice a day. Has anyone used this combination before? At night, how do I layer the two, what do I apply first? Should I wait between the two?

I have moderate acne and my skin is sensitive to hyperpigmentation. I have tried relatively few products so far compared to some other posts - Clindamycin (worked for a year then stopped working), bp, salicylic acid wash, sulfur based mask. Would really appreciate any help! Thanks!

#2 willow569

willow569

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Dancing, feline rescue volunteering, music

Posted 30 September 2009 - 11:13 PM

I use Finacea and an over the counter retinoid (which is not as strong as Retin-A). I don't want to suggest that you do something different from what your doctor suggested, but starting off using Finacea twice a day sounds like a lot to me. You might want to try using the Retin-A at night and the Finacea just in the morning - at least until your skin has had some time to adjust to two new medications. Maybe try it for a few weeks, if you aren't getting excessive dryness or irritation, then you could bump up the finacea to twice a day.

If you are using both at once, I would apply the the Retin-A first, wait 15-20 min, and then apply the Finacea.

#3 Kairasa

Kairasa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 October 2009 - 10:19 AM

I agree with what Willow said. I have used Finacea for about 2 months now, and it has worked wonders for my face. I use it only at night though because it tends to itch a bit. I spot treat with a BP product in the mornings, and the system keeps me relatively breakout free.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users