Photo

For those who do diet

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 Kelly

Kelly

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 June 2004 - 09:29 AM

Just wondering;those that have done diet for their skin and it's worked,how long did it take until you saw improvements,and how long until your skin was clear?

#2 evigrex

evigrex

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 June 2004 - 10:35 AM

I can state unequivocably that eating properly will improve your skin -
but it will not by any means be a difference that you will notice overnight.
The differences don't manifest themselves in days, but usually weeks, months or longer.
It takes time, and works well in conjunction with a good anti-acne regimen.

I don't know what kind of diet you're following, but always avoid refined
carbohydrates (anything containing sugar) and stick to natural carbs
such as regular oatmeal (with a dash of splenda or equal), green veggies,
and fruits. Include lots of high protein yet low fat meat/fish in your diet as well.
before you judge me take a look at you
can't you find something better to do
point the finger, slow to understand
arrogance and ignorance go hand in hand

- Metallica, "holier than thou"

#3 nate7357

nate7357

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 June 2004 - 10:56 AM

The only thing that has helped my skin was cutting out all dairy products. I used to drink 3 glasses of milk a day and cheese during every meal for the last three years. Ever since i stopped for last 6 months my skin looks so much better....

#4 Scotty_G

Scotty_G

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 June 2004 - 12:14 PM

Yea it's a "long" process. I haven't been on my diet for to long but I will continue to do so for the entire summer. It is pretty strict but hey acne is the toughest fighter you'll probably come across lol. Remember diet is just one part of acne! Remember eating healthy will not "fuel" acne while eating bad will.

#5 AcneFighter

AcneFighter

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 June 2004 - 06:35 PM

Yeah I agree with Scott. Acne seems a toughest fighter you may face. That is for sure for me. Diet may improve my skin like improved skin texture but have never clear my acne. I am still on not standard american diet (SAD) for nine months. I havent touch refined grain at once.

#6 Scotty_G

Scotty_G

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 June 2004 - 07:25 PM

Goodluck! The only grains I eat now are from my old fashioned oats that's about it.

#7 mischief2

mischief2

miss kitty fantastico

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 June 2004 - 12:14 AM

It is a long process, but 2 months of no dairy and no gluten products has helped my skin a lot. I do think that a good diet improves your skin texture and appearance overall, for anyone. I also drink a lot of water, eat no fast/fried foods, cut down on refined sugars and cleansed my liver twice and I feel a lot better for it in general.
"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly." - Sam Keen

#8 rommie

rommie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 June 2004 - 11:42 AM

but always avoid refined
carbohydrates (anything containing sugar) and stick to natural carbs
such as regular oatmeal (with a dash of splenda or equal), green veggies,
and fruits. Include lots of high protein yet low fat meat/fish in your diet as well.

I started the change in my diet in the middle of March during spring break. The first week I broke out for some reason, which took me a long time to recover. Now my skin feels decent enough to go out without slathering on consealer. I still have some hyperpigmented scars but I can live with that. The only problem now is to try not to loose any more weight.

#9 hobo2alpha

hobo2alpha

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 June 2004 - 12:15 PM

Well...

Since being back from college, I have started the "acne sample diet" and I'm on day 9.

I have started to see results:

The relatively little spots on my back are clearing away, my neck and jawline are clearing up and my face is producing less oil!

Overall, everyday I wake after being on this diet, my face is getting clearer. It does take awhile for my face to clear up and heal, but it is certainly happening!

I plan on keeping this diet till my face is "perfect".

I'll let you know if this "sample acne diet" really works, cause if it does, then all this waisays.com stuff must be right?