Photo

HOW TO GET RID OF REDNESS LEFT BEHIND?

red mark

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 Bob_1234_

Bob_1234_

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 September 2009 - 12:41 AM

Hi all,

Ive been on tane for almost 4 months now. While my acne is much much better, has cleared up heaps. My face has gone from very bumpy back to the old smooth in this time.

However, this experience has left me with many red marks. My derm has told me sun exposure and tanning beds will only worsen the scars and make them more obvious in the long run.

My derm - very good derm believes that the redness will slowly go away over the next 1-2 years. He believes that all products, laser treatments, abrasions etc are all wastes of money, any oils (bio oil, emu, etc) all clog your pores and will result in more acne so all there is really is time.

While i do believe him, i really dont want to.

HAVE ANY OF YOU USED PRODUCTS THAT ACTUALLY WORKED FOR YOU, not that you've heard about THAT ACTUALLY WORKED.

thanks

#2 c'est la vigne

c'est la vigne

All aboard the nekobus!!!

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 14
About Me

Posted 12 September 2009 - 12:57 AM

I, personally, dab a little bit of extra virgin olive oil on my hyperpigmentation, and it's worked very well for me.

Olive oil does have a comedogenicity level of two, though, meaning that it could potentially clog some people's pores. I've had no issues with that, myself, but in the thread, "Something that actually works. Will fade red marks in days!!!", I generally recommend that people do a spot test with it for a while to see how their skin reacts before attempting to use it as a treatment.

and i totally would have a crush on you if I had any lesbian tendencies

[sig-img:553]

Click here to find out why I'm so frustrated.

... and watch out for those RBDs.

#3 wethefallen

wethefallen

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 September 2009 - 12:11 PM

For me I use jojoba oil and it seems to really work for me but it takes time. I still have some redmarks and im planning on going to the store today to try some new things if I find anything ill post it smile.gif

#4 david.happysky

david.happysky

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 September 2009 - 03:00 PM

your derm is very responsible and in a way correct. all other treatments carry some risks. give it a good 12 month or so w/ or w/o and aid of AHA+/Jojoba, and usually u will see great improvement, if not total dissapearance of the post-acne marks. i have been treating my post-acne marks for 4 months now and the progress is slow but steady nonetheless. it depends on ur age, if ur in ur teen's, it takes much shorter time even without topicals. if ur in ur 20's, its not as fast, so ppl usually combine topicals to speed up.

#5 criket

criket

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 September 2009 - 02:30 AM

QUOTE (david.happysky @ Sep 16 2009, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
your derm is very responsible and in a way correct. all other treatments carry some risks. give it a good 12 month or so w/ or w/o and aid of AHA+/Jojoba, and usually u will see great improvement, if not total dissapearance of the post-acne marks. i have been treating my post-acne marks for 4 months now and the progress is slow but steady nonetheless. it depends on ur age, if ur in ur teen's, it takes much shorter time even without topicals. if ur in ur 20's, its not as fast, so ppl usually combine topicals to speed up.

where do u get jojoba oil please i have this same problem.

#6 Vidvan

Vidvan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 December 2009 - 01:41 PM

I haven't been using anything for my red marks as they've been very slowly going from me just washing my face with warm water... However, I've just literally now just ran downstairs and dabbed some Extra Virgin ilive oil all over my face and blotched up the remaining oil left on my face and it seems the redness has reduced a bit. Maybe I'll try this from now on.

#7 minjaekwak

minjaekwak

FTC

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 December 2009 - 05:06 PM

I recommend aloe vera and cetaphil moisturizer for redness, works for me.

#8 Mystery787

Mystery787

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:09 PM

Hey guys,

im pretty new here and I am dying to fing the perfect solution to those freaking red marks left behind acne.. even if I dont touch them like I used to by popping them...They are still some red/brown spots that stayes for ever ( a good year) so you guys have any any any suggestion for a good cream to use ? Who had amazing results with Dan's AHA ?!?!?

thx a lot

#9 optinism

optinism

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:20 PM

try exfoliation with a baby brush. It's what im starting to use now..

#10 Mystery787

Mystery787

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 December 2009 - 11:32 PM

im not sure what is a baby brush ??? rolleyes.gif

#11 CCasey

CCasey

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 December 2009 - 12:02 AM

^ well, thats why you search for it. biggrin.gif however, im guessing you're too lazy, so its basically buying a baby brush and while in the shower, you soak it in water to soften the bristles, and then gently make circular motions. i think people use it w/ their cleanser.

this method should remove the dead skin on your face, and slowly, over a couple months(time varies) itll fade the red marks.

Products: Miracle Peel Cloth, Dan's AHA, Dermalogica cleanser/moistruizer, Oil-absorbing sheets, Neutrogena Sunscreen