Photo

SINGAPORE SUPPLIES

singapore

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
152 replies to this topic

#41 fad

fad

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 October 2009 - 09:04 AM

Hello (: I'm new to this site. Found it interesting as i can't find solution to clear my pimples.
I'm from Singapore too!

Not that i can find another alternative but just glad to find a Singaporean here too. What regiments did you guys follow?

I can't even use Neutrogena. I tried once and when i stop using it, i break out badly. Now i use a bar soap, stop using it today because i just read in the forum that it contain sodium cocoate -.-" Oxy-10 works for me though but i need to find a good facial wash. Any recommendation? I use Olay white radiance but it seems like it had no effect at all to lighten up my acne scars. I feel like it's hard to find a moisturizers here.

#42 qwertyuiopasd

qwertyuiopasd

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 October 2009 - 02:38 AM

Hello! The regimen should work well if you're following the steps, unless you're allergic to something in neutrogena on the spot. But the main ingred is BP and oxy10 has it too, so you can find another brand i guess. I'm using Benzac which is available in guardian, try not to use a 10% solution, mayb why you broke out was because the excessive drying causes irritation. Try a 2.5% with a suitable moisturizer. Also, when you use BP you don't want to use a very drying face wash because of the oil, BP itself will reduce oil on your face significantly. During the regimen do not wash your face more then 2 times a day, this was where i spotted my mistake at first. And give it time, BP might seem to worsen your skin during the initial 1-2 weeks, but it should get better after the first month. I use clean and clear foam wash, its gentle and goes well with the regimen, you should check out the recommended products in Dans list or other peoples, but you know how singapore have really limited supplies.

#43 KingBeta

KingBeta

http

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 October 2009 - 08:42 AM

DKR is really a great way to get started on your journey to clear skin, but too bad it didn't work for me. Although I need to mention, BP prolong the healing of red marks.

However, less is more. There are a lot of alternatives on this forum, so check around.

#44 fad

fad

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 October 2009 - 03:04 AM

Exactly. Things in singapore are really limited. I wash my more then 2 times too, Kane. Hahaha! but after i read Dan's regimens. I can see the results that my pimples are clearing fast. Although the feeling of oily skin is irritating. I just wish i could buy Dan's product. Too bad nobody i know owns a credit card.

Edited by fad, 05 October 2009 - 03:05 AM.

#45 qwertyuiopasd

qwertyuiopasd

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:02 AM

Trust me Fad, wash only two times, preferably every 12 hours. I know it feels icky and gross for the first few days, but you'll realize your skin stops producing as much oil. Washing excessively actually makes your skin produce more oil.

I don't even need to dab my face with a tissue every few hours anymore smile.gif

Edited by Kane.J, 05 October 2009 - 08:03 AM.

#46 vaguedrevival

vaguedrevival

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 October 2009 - 01:17 AM

this board is still aliveeeee eusa_boohoo.gif

yes using benzac 2.5 is the same as benzoyl peroxide, as i have done my research and concluded thats the only cheapest alternative to ordering dan's products

i have to go back to the derm every 6 months, each time would be around $50 for consultation plus medication

p/s skin is so much smoother, only left with the horrendous scars (i have no idea where they came from, since i dont squeeze!)

#47 qwertyuiopasd

qwertyuiopasd

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 October 2009 - 08:23 AM

Hi again! Yeah, same here sad.gif if you got anything that can help scars, please please please tell me smile.gif I don't squeeze either btw and i still get them too.

#48 vaguedrevival

vaguedrevival

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 October 2009 - 09:05 AM

I know the AHA helps scars, but we still cant find a product here that has AHA. I know that skin regenerates itself every 6 months, so time is also a key factor here too. If you are really desperate, chemical skin peels do get rid of scars, but I would say dont go for facials, as they are really a waste of money.

#49 qwertyuiopasd

qwertyuiopasd

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 October 2009 - 08:14 AM

We can go check out Nik's products at town according to an earlier poster smile.gif Maybe we can go check it out together sometimes, i'm pretty shy about these stuff cause imma male redface.gif so i end up not really clear in what products i should use.

#50 vaguedrevival

vaguedrevival

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 October 2009 - 03:40 AM

yeah hahaa. Sorry for late post, got really busy lately. Im left with scars that are beginning to fade, and that occasional pimple. I find that it helps to blot your face with tissue paper

Since im sure my face produces enough oil to fry an egg, i can use 5 sheets of blotting paper at a time eusa_wall.gif

Cant believe it, some relatives have even told me that my acne has improved so much smile.gif

#51 qwertyuiopasd

qwertyuiopasd

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 October 2009 - 12:26 AM

Grats! Mine is doing okay, wouldn't say as well as yours though :l i'll just give it time.

#52 vaguedrevival

vaguedrevival

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 October 2009 - 04:05 AM

But one thing i noticed is that my skin is very sensitive! I cannot handle tooo much BP2.5%,
and the derm gave me panoxyl5 which is BP5%! its kind of drying and my skin feels.. dead sad.gif

imagine if i covered my face in BP10! hahaha. My guess is that it would be as hard as a cornflake eusa_doh.gif

#53 qwertyuiopasd

qwertyuiopasd

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 November 2009 - 08:10 AM

It takes time to get used to, slowly up the dosage, start small smile.gif

#54 vaguedrevival

vaguedrevival

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 November 2009 - 01:32 AM

oh gosh im so busy i forgot about emailing you and this forum ><
so sorry, better remember to do so soon. hahaha

yup im trying to, but whenever my skin starts drying up i have to skip BP and use moisturizer till it goes back for abit, because if i dont and continue with BP, it seems to get worse sad.gif

#55 qwertyuiopasd

qwertyuiopasd

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 November 2009 - 10:35 PM

Ah its k smile.gif since i've been busy too, especially since its nearly to my attachment.
Happens to me at times too, i just continue till my skin gets used to it, so i'm fine with it now smile.gif

#56 lasnoblur

lasnoblur

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 November 2009 - 11:39 PM

Hi to all sg ppl,

do u guys order dan's products? would like to mass order with u guys if theres a chance.

didnt really hear u guys talking abt his prodcuts.

#57 Im Roshan

Im Roshan

wtf!?

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 November 2009 - 07:13 PM

hi fellow singaporeans,

how is the regimen going for you guys?

i just came across this site yesterday. very exicted to start. getting supplies today.
i dont have much of a acne problem but i have these red spots. i have no idea what they are or if the regimen is going to help. i guess ill soon find out. -ALL FINGERS CROSSED-

oh please god, i hope it works. -.-
Started regimen:
15-11-2009
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LOVING IT!

#58 Im Roshan

Im Roshan

wtf!?

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 November 2009 - 12:53 AM

okay this is what i got.

1) Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser
2) Neutrogena - On-the-Spot
3) Eucerin - Hydrating & Protecting Moisturiser

could not find any other moisturiser so din have a choice there. its has Alpha-Gulcosylrutin (AGR) and Vitamin E. no idea what AGR does or if it would cause any side effects when mixed with BP in step 3.

Edit; ok i found out abt the ingredients in Eucerin - Hydrating & Protecting Moisturiser:
Aqua, Glycerin, Octocrylene, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Cyclomethicone, Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Tocopherol, Sodium Carbomer, Trisodium EDTA, Glucosylrutin, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glykol, Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid, Isoquercitrin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

DOES NOT CONTAIN ZINC OXIDE!!! sad.gif

Edited by Im Roshan, 15 November 2009 - 02:46 AM.

Started regimen:
15-11-2009
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LOVING IT!

#59 hatedAcne

hatedAcne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 November 2009 - 11:58 PM

did anyone know where to buy vitamin b5 in singapore?
i bought in GNC before but is pretty expensive they cost bout 40 SGD for 100 pills

#60 qwertyuiopasd

qwertyuiopasd

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:09 AM

Oh hi roshan smile.gif if its not acne but red spots i don't think you need BP unless you continue breaking out. If the spots are scars, then you can probably try scrubs if your skin isn't too sensitive, or AHA might help too. Vitamin and other stuff help too.

About the vitamins, you can try watsons or guardian. But i doubt its gonna have a huge price difference as most vitamin pills don't come cheap.