Acne and Diet

4 replies to this topic

#1 SickOfSmallPimps

SickOfSmallPimps

Mr. AL

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Astrophysics, Herpetology, Programming, Math, Movies/TV, Rock music, Violin, the Net, Sex, and more.

Posted 23 June 2004 - 06:05 PM

the scientific link between diet and acne

I hate it when I read something that seems informative, and then two seconds later I bump into "now, to do this you need only do normal everyday things on top of taking our miracle pill. But just doing these activities without our pill will produce NO results."

Another page I do not like on that site is their Skin Sinner Foods page. Some of the things on there I can avoid, but there is no way you can avoid all of them without finding yourself in an all organic specialty store spending 4x as much a month on groceries. They make it seem hopeless.

#2 ritzvin

ritzvin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 June 2004 - 07:11 PM

There's not much you can do about meat. I've seen organic meat maybe once - it's nearly impossible to find, and I'm not switching to fake meat (which would be expensive too anyway). It's pretty hard to find areas that haven't been tainted by chemical fertilizers, herbicides, pesticides, etc. -- so it's pretty rare to find places that'll feed their animals organic produce. And if they did, few people would be able to afford it (non-organic meat is expensive enough :unsure: ). Even organic meat, if you happen to find it, probably aren't species that our ancestors were eating through much of our evolution, so it's probably not the most optimal to eat anyway. And - you'd have to walk pretty damn far into the woods to find a yummy little groundhog/squirrel/chipmunk that hadn't been exposed to stuff it shouldn't have.

It's not very easy to get gluten-free bread either. I bought a gluten-free, yeast-free flat bread a couple of times which was $5 for 8 pieces - i used it for chicken, salad wraps. Now, I have whole wheat bread several times a week - it doesn't seem to affect me adversely like the white bread does (at least not noticeably or immediately).

#3 SickOfSmallPimps

SickOfSmallPimps

Mr. AL

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Astrophysics, Herpetology, Programming, Math, Movies/TV, Rock music, Violin, the Net, Sex, and more.

Posted 23 June 2004 - 07:37 PM

Ritz,

Exactly! That kind of stuff is not easy to locate. When I lived in Phoenix I knew an all organic store. It had TONS of herbal supplements, all organic produce, organic milk, organic cheese, organic eggs, and organic chicken meat. By organic that means they were derived from animals raised in humane conditions and fed all organic/veggie diets. I bought some milk, some oat bread, and some greens. That is it, and I spent almost as much as I did doing a full monthly grocery run. I almost wanted to fall into a coma when I saw the receipt.

In order to have the diet that website suggests you'd have to live near such a store and be able to lay down the mega-bucks required to buy enough food from one to even survive.

#4 Makaveli

Makaveli

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 June 2004 - 07:40 PM

That whole list is pretty ridiculous if you ask me, they are basically telling you that almost everything you eat is bad for your skin (give me a break, meat, weat, dairy, what the hell else is there?)

#5 Scotty_G

Scotty_G

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 June 2004 - 09:59 PM

It's true!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users