Extracting Keratin Plugs/Hardened Sebum

6 replies to this topic

#1 jimmyoneshot

jimmyoneshot

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 August 2009 - 08:58 AM

Hi I have had a strange problem around my T-zone for quite some time where the whole area in the t-zone that has open pores (on the cheeks right by the sides of my nose, on my whole nose and down the creases leading to the sides of my mouth) is a little bit red. Every single one of these pores also seems to get filled with something I've told is a keratin plug, otherwise known as hardened sebum which appear like little tiny white/yellow grains of salt in my pores.

Somethimes I rub these out but this seems to make the area redder for some time but leaving them in also seems to make it look red. Also after I throw water on this area I get a lot of dead white skin in this area. I have been recommended Daktarin Gold to help with the redness and flaking skin but I'm wondering is there anything that will help me to remove the white things themselves without causing redness or irritation as every time I remove them by picking they start to "build up" again the very next day. I've never had acne or spots so it's a complete mystery to me.

This is the area that my problem is in (if the picture will show), except obviously my pores are bigger, redder and contain the plugs:-

Posted Image

#2 3Days

3Days

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 December 2009 - 10:42 PM

*Bump*

#3 tjtj

tjtj

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 December 2009 - 05:29 PM

hi, i have same problem,i use surgical tweezers but have been hunting for treatments,if you google keratosis pilaris,it will give you some ideas as am looking myself,and reading reviews on one to try,have seen one called bioskin relief,see what you think

#4 Adri Chan

Adri Chan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 64
About Me

Posted 05 January 2010 - 02:11 PM

I have some too, they are called dilated pores of winer, it sucks dick.

Here are informations I found :

Treatment

Medical Care
  • No medical treatment is available for a dilated pore of Winer.

Surgical Care
  • Excision of the entire lesion and closure of the resulting surgical defect are curative.
  • Superficial treatments, such as electrodesiccation, cauterization, coagulation, dermabrasion, or carbon dioxide laser surgery, are less effective because of the deeply invaginated base of a dilated pore of Winer.

Edited by Adri Chan, 05 January 2010 - 02:54 PM.

#5 Sonic999

Sonic999

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 February 2010 - 12:18 PM

I don't think so. According to what I found here:
http://img.medscape....188-1061249.jpg

and here: http://en.wikipedia....ki/Dilated_pore

It's basically one open pore, which is a lot larger than other pores around it.

What jimmyoneshot describes (picture should be a lot more precise) is just the presence of white gunk in many of his pores in the T-zone area of his face. It's a bitch to clear them, you have to take a hot shower or steam your face to get them soft, then gently pick them out with a piece of cloth or cotton... or use a DIY pore strip (look em up with youtube). Cleaning your face like this at a daily basis will slowly reduce this gunk.... but you also have to wear a lotion with salicylic acid and erythromicin when you go to bed... that's what I'm using right now, and so far I'm seeing a positive change.

#6 jimmyoneshot

jimmyoneshot

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 February 2010 - 04:11 PM

QUOTE (Sonic999 @ Feb 10 2010, 12:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think so. According to what I found here:
http://img.medscape....188-1061249.jpg

and here: http://en.wikipedia....ki/Dilated_pore

It's basically one open pore, which is a lot larger than other pores around it.

What jimmyoneshot describes (picture should be a lot more precise) is just the presence of white gunk in many of his pores in the T-zone area of his face. It's a bitch to clear them, you have to take a hot shower or steam your face to get them soft, then gently pick them out with a piece of cloth or cotton... or use a DIY pore strip (look em up with youtube). Cleaning your face like this at a daily basis will slowly reduce this gunk.... but you also have to wear a lotion with salicylic acid and erythromicin when you go to bed... that's what I'm using right now, and so far I'm seeing a positive change.

Ye but for me the area around these things all round the t-zone seems to get red if I don't get rid of the things and leave them for a couple of days and it also gets red after me rubbing/picking them out. I don't think it's seb derm as it's just a slightly red area around the pores with white things in every pore more like hardened grains of salt than gunk. It's crazy but I've had it for 5 years now so I think it's here to stay.

#7 wicky

wicky

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2011 - 06:15 AM

just ondering if anyone has had luck treating this. Mine started 2ys ago and i cant get a handle on it..its so bad its all i think about...someone help me pleaseeeee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users