Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Salicylic acid burn/reaction! Please help!

4 posts in this topic

So i don't exactly have acne- just the occassional pimple or two..

And i broke out maybe 1 week and 1/2 ago.

So i used a new facewash and salicylic acid pimple treatment. My face started to turn red and get dry. :naughty: It got worse the more i tried to combat it (ice never helped, aloe burned, lotion doesn't help..) :confused:

And now (all over my entire face) i have tiny dots of chemical burns from this acid.

It actually looks like i have moderate acne.

Red spots surround my face.

I stopped using the products and switched to a lighter neutrogena classic wash and oil free lotion,

in the meantime, how can i clear this up?

(BTW this happened all on my birthday which was really devestating. All it's done has gotten worse.)

All help appreciated! THANKS (: :surprised:

I gues you have really senstive skin, like mine, I've been using a 2% gel treatment only on my blemishes though..i have around 4 blemishes in total, so just on that. I think because I didnt use any moisturizer before or after the treatment, it made my skin red and burnt a bit, after that i just slathered my spots with aloe vera gel from the gel and in a day or two the redness went down, howvere the marks have turned brwon now and Im assumin they will peel off in a few days!

This is what I did, and if your whole face is red, just dont use this product for a while atleast..

use a VERY gentle cleanser and just moisturize ur face, the more u moisturize and calm your skin, the faster it will heal..

hope this helps! :)

So i used a new facewash and salicylic acid pimple treatment. My face started to turn red and get dry. :naughty: It got worse the more i tried to combat it (ice never helped, aloe burned, lotion doesn't help..) :confused:

And now (all over my entire face) i have tiny dots of chemical burns from this acid.

I stopped using the products and switched to a lighter neutrogena classic wash and oil free lotion,

(BTW this happened all on my birthday which was really devestating. All it's done has gotten worse.)