Photo

Salicylic acid burn/reaction! Please help!

3 replies to this topic

#1 brytelyte

brytelyte

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 August 2009 - 01:47 AM

So i don't exactly have acne- just the occassional pimple or two..

And i broke out maybe 1 week and 1/2 ago.

So i used a new facewash and salicylic acid pimple treatment. My face started to turn red and get dry. eusa_naughty.gif It got worse the more i tried to combat it (ice never helped, aloe burned, lotion doesn't help..) confused.gif

And now (all over my entire face) i have tiny dots of chemical burns from this acid.
It actually looks like i have moderate acne.

Red spots surround my face.

I stopped using the products and switched to a lighter neutrogena classic wash and oil free lotion,

in the meantime, how can i clear this up?

(BTW this happened all on my birthday which was really devestating. All it's done has gotten worse.)

All help appreciated! THANKS (: surprised.gif

#2 Honeya

Honeya

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 August 2009 - 08:33 AM

I gues you have really senstive skin, like mine, I've been using a 2% gel treatment only on my blemishes though..i have around 4 blemishes in total, so just on that. I think because I didnt use any moisturizer before or after the treatment, it made my skin red and burnt a bit, after that i just slathered my spots with aloe vera gel from the gel and in a day or two the redness went down, howvere the marks have turned brwon now and Im assumin they will peel off in a few days!
This is what I did, and if your whole face is red, just dont use this product for a while atleast..
use a VERY gentle cleanser and just moisturize ur face, the more u moisturize and calm your skin, the faster it will heal..
hope this helps! smile.gif

#3 kmy130

kmy130

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 August 2009 - 02:53 PM

QUOTE (brytelyte @ Aug 24 2009, 01:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So i used a new facewash and salicylic acid pimple treatment. My face started to turn red and get dry. eusa_naughty.gif It got worse the more i tried to combat it (ice never helped, aloe burned, lotion doesn't help..) confused.gif

And now (all over my entire face) i have tiny dots of chemical burns from this acid.

I stopped using the products and switched to a lighter neutrogena classic wash and oil free lotion,

(BTW this happened all on my birthday which was really devestating. All it's done has gotten worse.)

sounds like you have very sensitive skin, so for next time make sure any treatments you try are very mild. And for people w/sensitive skin it is really important to maintain plenty of moisture, so a good non-comadogenic moisturizer, vitamin E oil, and even olive oil will help when used, especially for emergencies like this. Try to avoid makeup in the areas and use the most gentle wash you can when you clean your face when ti reacts like this. When your skin is this dry, it forms microscopic cracks in your skin and allow bacteria in to form acne and irritation..... SO GOOD MOISTURIZER!!

#4 babyGIRL0655

babyGIRL0655

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:15 AM

QUOTE (brytelyte @ Aug 24 2009, 01:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It sounds like your skin had a reaction to whichever product you used:(
Don't feel too down, the same thing happened to me but ...ten times worse.
I used clean and clear advantage acne spot treatment and my skin turned black and peeled away,. I literally had a dime sized hole in my face!
This was back in febuary.
Trust me,The more variety of products you put on your face--the longer it will take to heal.
Stick to a strong regimine.
My suggestion would be a vitamin e moisturizer it worked amazingly on my red marks and try dabbing a little bit of polysporin, to help heal faster. Thats my aid for everything now!

Hope all goes well, good luck my friend!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users