Photo

Sebaceous filaments

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
65 replies to this topic

#61 Guest_DellHell_*

Guest_DellHell_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 08 September 2011 - 11:18 AM

When does a sebaceous filament officially graduate to a blackhead anyway? They still look gross and screw up the complexion. They might as well be called mini-blackheads. sad.gif

#62 connect16

connect16

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 November 2011 - 11:35 AM

I've been consistently using 2% BHA liquid from paula's choice every other day, and then Retin-A gel 0.25% every other day and it has reduced the appearance of these quite a bit. Although the recent freezing weather may be aggravating my pores and pushing these filaments more towards the surface.

#63 Stu2u

Stu2u

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:21 AM

Doesn't matter how you call it, it's still acne. Blackhead, whitehead, "sebaceous filament"; whether smaller, bigger, darker, lighter, open or closed...
The pore is still clogged. Nobody tell me that's how healthy skin is supposed to look like. The plug is not supposed to be there (nott!! no no!)
If most people have this, most people have acne to some degree then Posted Image

Well said, this thread has just reminded me why I stopped visiting this forum.......

#64 Siddyy

Siddyy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:58 AM

hey, i used to have a little bit of acne (spots) in my forehead and chin. now i dont have anything however marks and now blackheads (i think its got non inflamed acne). these blackheads are in the middle of my forehead (near to my eyebrows and middle) i have few blackheads on my cheeks near my mouth what should i du please help!!

right now im using gentle foam wash witch hazel
garnier proactive blackheads and fade marks (it has 2% salysilic acid)
2.5% benozyl peroxide.
i was just wondering if AHA PEEL is good to tighten pores i saw this video on youtube

#65 RedPatrick

RedPatrick

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:41 AM

So these are sebaceous filaments in my nose? Like sebum plugs?

I just squeeze them out, and the next day, my nose is full of them again. If it is just sebum without and sign of bacteria formation, then perhaps it would be best to just neutralise the sebum and break up the fatty acids holding the sebum together.

I use this mandelic acid peel which has triethnolamine in it. Surprinsingly, everytime I use it and leave it on my face for the whole day, my plugs disaapear.

I did some reseach on triethnolamine:

Triethanolamine is used primarily as an emulsifier and surfactant. It is a common ingredient in formulations used for both industrial and consumer products. The triethanolamine neutralises fatty acids, adjusts and buffers the pH, and solubilises oils and other ingredients that are not completely soluble in water.

#66 wicky

wicky

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:14 PM

whats the name of the peel?