Photo

Apple cider vinegar

vitamin vitamins vitamin b

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

#1 kizza

kizza

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 22 June 2004 - 04:32 AM

hey i was just doing some research and i came up with this site that many people actually take apple cider supplements. i was wondering whehter anyone has actually tried it? another method is mixing it with distilled water and honey and drinking one tablespoon 3 times a day....supposedly thats spose to clear u up...

Apple cider vinegar is a solution of acidic acid produced by fermentation of apples. It consists of acid, water, and only relatively small quantities of minerals. Although, it does contain a fair amount of pectin, which has recently been identified as lowering cholesterol and may be the secret behind it is fat burning effects.

The use of apple cider vinegar for the relief of arthritic stiffness and as a treatment for sore throats, acne, and other skin problems, high blood pressure, headaches, dandruff, sunburn, and elevated cholesterol levels has been around for ages.

There have been claims to the effect that the ancient Egyptians who used apple cider vinegar for weight loss created the apple cider vinegar diet. Claims have been made that apple cider vinegar works as an aid in weight loss and fat burning. However, there is no substantial or believable scientific evidence to support this claim. During the diet craze of the 1970’s, proponents claimed that somehow a combination of apple cider, kelp, vitamin B-6, and lecithin tricked the body's metabolism into burning fat faster.

Today, the apple cider vinegar diet is back along with its many claims. This time, they are saying that to lose weight, take one, two, or three teaspoons of apple cider vinegar before every meal, starting with one teaspoon and then working up to two or three. Taking more than three teaspoons supposedly does not lead to better results. Probably more than three teaspoons is beyond what any dieter could reasonably stomach anyway. The only dieting advice you get with this "diet" is to eat moderate portions at meals, avoid snacking, and wait for the apple cider vinegar to reduce your hunger and food cravings.

http://www.healthand....com/apple.html :think:

#2 Rossignol

Rossignol

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 June 2004 - 05:10 AM

Quite a lot of people on this board add it to their water along with the good ol' lemon juice. smile.gif

#3 Healtysceptic

Healtysceptic

Healthysceptic

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 June 2004 - 08:23 AM

I read in an old ' Beauty Secrets " book, anall natutal book from the 1970's that drinking it is very good for the skin. But I have not tried it yet.
James

#4 flipside

flipside

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 June 2004 - 08:30 AM

i used to drink shots of vinegar to clean my system before taking drug tests... and it worked too!!!

i was a bad teenager.

#5 ArcticMonkey

ArcticMonkey

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 June 2004 - 08:38 AM

ha,ha! good tip!

#6 ajt

ajt

alan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 June 2004 - 04:37 PM

Im willing to try it if its known to burn fat, and help with acne... What should I mix it with?

#7 ajt

ajt

alan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 June 2004 - 02:57 PM

Any1?

#8 nikkid

nikkid

California

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 June 2004 - 03:49 PM

QUOTE(ajt @ Jun 22 2004, 03:24 PM)
Im willing to try it if its known to burn fat, and help with acne... What should I mix it with?

Water.

#9 girl3900

girl3900

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 June 2004 - 03:54 PM

I don't think I could stomach that. I used to take Apple Cider Vinegar pills because they supposedly curbed your appetite and make you loose weight but it didn't work for me. Why don't people just take those? It'd be a lot more tolerable I'd think.

#10 Bones

Bones

chained angel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 June 2004 - 05:33 PM

"Um.... hiccup... no Officer this isn't a 40 -- it's apple cider vinegar!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

(Sorry, I just couldn't resist. The thought of myself chugging down on a bottle of ACV just somehow made me laugh!)

Am tempted to try the pills, though. Anyone know where I'd find those?

#11 girl3900

girl3900

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 June 2004 - 05:56 PM

I know Walgreens has it. I'm sure every grocery store would also have them in the vitamin section. One of the main reasons I quit taking them is because even in pill form, it tastes absolutely horrendous.

#12 Bones

Bones

chained angel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 June 2004 - 06:00 PM

Thanks, will check into it. smile.gif

#13 Keats

Keats

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 June 2004 - 03:44 AM

I drink one tablespoon of ACV (along with honey and lemon mainly) mixed in a glass of grapefruit juice 2 times a day.

Works fine here..

#14 Jewboy

Jewboy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 June 2004 - 04:03 AM

QUOTE(Keats @ Jun 24 2004, 03:31 AM)
I drink one tablespoon of ACV (along with honey and lemon mainly) mixed in a glass of grapefruit juice 2 times a day.

Works fine here..

Why do u have honey and Grapefruit juice with it??? Does it enhance the effect? Or do they have there own acne fighting ablities.

#15 Keats

Keats

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 June 2004 - 04:20 AM

QUOTE(Jewboy @ Jun 24 2004, 03:50 AM)
QUOTE(Keats @ Jun 24 2004, 03:31 AM)

Works fine here..

Why do u have honey and Grapefruit juice with it??? Does it enhance the effect? Or do they have there own acne fighting ablities.

The ACV bottle I have is premixed with a bit of honey and lemon. And the reason I mix it with grapefruit juice is for 2 reasons:

1 - The taste of ACV... smile.gif
2 - Grapefruit juice enhances the effect of absorption. The ACV will be absorbed much better.

#16 Jewboy

Jewboy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 June 2004 - 04:51 AM

ahhh i see. Cool. Im gonna get that. Have u noticed the ACV is more effective since taking the grapefruit juice.??

DO u use boxed or squeezed grapfruit juice.

Thanks.

#17 Keats

Keats

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 June 2004 - 05:53 AM

QUOTE(Jewboy @ Jun 24 2004, 04:38 AM)
ahhh i see. Cool. Im gonna get that. Have u noticed the ACV is more effective since taking the grapefruit juice.??

DO u use boxed or squeezed grapfruit juice.

Thanks.

Well, I do notice it on my stomach smile.gif

It has been scientifically proven that the absorption of medicines/supplements/etc taken with grapefruit juice will be enhanced.

If you take medicines with grapefruit juice it will increases all the effects of the medicine, so you will get improved results. But this is not always a good thing, because it also increases the (chance of) side effects..

For ACV, I havent discovered any negative side effects yet, so it cant be harmful in any way to mix the ACV with grapefruit juice.

I use boxed grapefruit juice, but I keep it on room temperature (dont put it in the fridge)

#18 Jewboy

Jewboy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 June 2004 - 07:23 AM

Actually yesterday there on This Morning, Dr Cris Steele was saying about grapefruit juice can be dangerous with some supplements/medication cos of tis absortion. And i remember my teacher telling me years a go that if u mix Grapefruit juice with something else u will get a instant heart attack. So its good to be aware.

Im taking L-tyrosine at the moment i will check it out.

Thanks again.

#19 Keats

Keats

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 June 2004 - 02:42 PM

QUOTE(Jewboy @ Jun 24 2004, 07:10 AM)
Actually yesterday there on This Morning, Dr Cris Steele was saying about grapefruit juice can be dangerous with some supplements/medication cos of tis absortion. And i remember my teacher telling me years a go that if u mix Grapefruit juice with something else u will get a instant heart attack. So its good to be aware.

Im taking L-tyrosine at the moment i will check it out.

Thanks again.

Yeh, you have got your point with the grapefruit juice. I dont know if it is a very smart thing to mix it with grapefruit juice. I know the absorption effect of grapefruit juice and i cant think of any negative side effects of ACV, so that made me being convinced of taking it together.

Anyway, I have just tried an alternative: mix the ACV with apple juice. Done this a few mins ago, and i didnt even notice the taste of the ACV! So the apple juice works fine..