8 replies to this topic

#1 Starlite

Starlite

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 August 2009 - 05:45 PM

Edited by Starlite, 06 September 2013 - 08:35 PM.

#2 THX

THX

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 August 2009 - 06:46 PM

QUOTE (Starlite @ Aug 10 2009, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have HUGE pores on my nose from years of acne/blackheads/etc. that left scarring. I've tried peels, microdermabrasion, laser treatment, and TCA cross with little to no difference in its appearance.

SO I bought sanding paper, just something you can buy at a hardware store, and used it on my nose. I figured since doctors use something similar for dermabrasion I would try it on my nose and see if it would help. Plus, if doctors can change the shape of the nose with plastic surgery, then stripping off the top layer shouldn't be that hard.

I made sure to sanitize the area and bled qiute a bit while doing it, although it hurt less than what I expected. Today I woke up with it inflamed, so I held ice to it, then slapped on a bandaid. I'm hoping I won't scar but I'm really sick of seeing those huge pores on my nose every time I look in the mirror, so I hope this works. I'm also taking vit. C and will use Copper peptides after my nose heals a bit more.

I'll let you guys know how things progress, if it worked. : )

Dude! What in the world are you doing?!?! That's not going to help!

Since the damage is already done, make sure you keep it clean and apply polysporin so that you do not develop an infection.

#3 Starlite

Starlite

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:37 PM

Edited by Starlite, 06 September 2013 - 08:34 PM.

#4 deeperthanskin

deeperthanskin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 August 2009 - 01:07 PM

I would advise you to stop doing this and use plenty of aloe vera gel to help heal. I can certainly understand why you want to get rid of your scarred pores; however, this method seems unsanitary (as you may have sanitized your skin but I would think there is not a way to actually sanitize the sandpaper) and potentially damaging to your skin since it is so abrasive (people have scarred from micro and derma -abrasion and this was when the tools were in the hands of professionals).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to scare you or anything. I'm sure your skill will heal from the procedure as it is fresh damage; however, I don't think you want to continually be doing this to your skin.

If scarred pores is all you are worried about and not actual scares, you might just try something over the counter to tighten your skin so they are less noticeable (I'm not sure if you have already done this).

One last thing, I always find it annoying when people try to psychoanalyze me, and I don't necessarily want to do that to you, but I'm a little concerned that you took what looks to me as a drastic and unhealthy measure to fix your pores. As someone with scars myself, I do understand the desire to try anything, and DO something, but maybe consulting with a professional derm or medspa would help you make a decision about what kind of action you want to take with your skin as well as make you have peace of mind.

#5 raiderdood

raiderdood

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 August 2009 - 01:20 PM

wow.. thats intense man.. i can't believe you literally sanded your nose.. lol

well, i'm not going to sit here and lecture you about being crazy, all i'm gonna say is, i hope you have a good recovery and see improvement! i know how you feel, as sometimes i feel so hopeless, i wish i could just switch skin lol. good luck man.

#6 Starlite

Starlite

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 August 2009 - 10:12 PM

Edited by Starlite, 06 September 2013 - 08:34 PM.

#7 AghhNe

AghhNe

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:49 PM

I didn't mean to scare anyone! I actually got the hint from this thread: http://www.acne.org/...48#entry1460148Although I didn't realize until after reviewing it that it was a wood polishing pad, not the same as sandpaper. The scarred pores have not improved with any other technique I've tried, including topicals, they're huge and obvious. I've heard that even laser treatments provide minimal improvement for this, which makes sense since scarred pores are more superficial than acne scars. That's why I didn't try it on the scars on my cheeks.I think my mental health is ok, thanks for asking lol. After having scars for years, though, and not having the $ to try something more effective under the hands of a doctor, I got kind of desperate. Honestly, derma rollers scares me more than sandpaper.

So what is the results?

#8 Starlite

Starlite

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:31 PM

Honestly, I definitely saw improvement. The pores are smaller on my nose, but still enlarged. But I don't want to encourage anyone to try this for themselves if they read this thread, so I'm erasing what I can. Very, very stupid of me. It's actually embarrassing reading over this thread now that I'm older.

If you're looking for results, I found that peels combined with collagen builders like vitamin C or copper peptides to be the best alternative. TCA peels combined with Super CP Serum helped reduce the size of my pores in general. 

Also, if you have oily skin, this sometimes cause your pores to be larger. If you do something to help reduce the amount of oil your skin produces, this could help. 

Keeping your pores clear will also help the pores look smaller. Try a retinoid or peels. 

And I disagree with my earlier feelings about dermarolling, I think it might help with reducing pore size.

Edited by Starlite, 06 September 2013 - 09:17 PM.

#9 LuvPink

LuvPink

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:51 AM

Do you have pics that u can share for the before/after?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users