Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much Zinc should I take?

9 posts in this topic

I want to get some Zinc Gluconate to take in conjunction with Niacin. How much is a healthy amount to take? I've read some people taking 50mg a day and others taking 150mg a day.

Help please?

Start off taking 50 mg. If you notice no improvement, try upping it to 100 mg after a few weeks. But it's best to not take high doses of Zinc for a long time. Hopefully 50 mg would work out for you. Don't take 150 mg. That's way too much.

Zinc really does help with the healing process. Whenever I get a pimple, it's either smaller than my past acne or heals up quicker than before I started taking Zinc. I take 50mg Zinc each day with food.

removed.

start with 50mg then after a week go to 100mg for 2 weeks. if you see no results whatsoever then dont take it.

Tool is the best band in the world

How much is a healthy amount to take?

Nobody knows. 200mg/day can eventually hurt some people. The U.S. RDA for zinc is at most 12mg/day.

If you're going to take any zinc for acne, then you may want to consider taking 200mcg of selenium, as that increases the odds that zinc can play a role as an anti-oxidant.

I think impaired zinc metabolism is the root cause of chronic acne.

A Zinc Regimen. | My crappy blog.

"When you believe in things that you don't understand, then you suffer -- superstition ain't the way" -- S. Wonder

How much is a healthy amount to take?

Nobody knows. 200mg/day can eventually hurt some people. The U.S. RDA for zinc is at most 12mg/day.

If you're going to take any zinc for acne, then you may want to consider taking 200mcg of selenium, as that increases the odds that zinc can play a role as an anti-oxidant.

I know you're not taking tablets anymore, however when you were, how much were you taking? 180mg seems to ring a bell? Did you take the selenium as well?

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

When I got clear for the first time, it was most likely the combination of taking 180-200mg of zinc, 200mcg of selenium, a Vitamin B pill, and getting 9 hours of functional (reasonable melatonin surge) sleep. 200mg of zinc is too much to take on a long-term daily basis without fear of harm.

I think impaired zinc metabolism is the root cause of chronic acne.

A Zinc Regimen. | My crappy blog.

"When you believe in things that you don't understand, then you suffer -- superstition ain't the way" -- S. Wonder