Photo

Has Anyone Tried THis?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 dw0725

dw0725

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 June 2004 - 02:09 PM

http://www.angelfire...implescure.html
I was wondering if anyone has tried this because i found this website on accident and a lot of it seems true

#2 flipside

flipside

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 June 2004 - 08:24 PM

i came across that site a while back and dismissed it but now after having a second look i am willing to reconsider. avoiding chocolate would be the hardest part for me but i think i'd manage.

the basics:

Internal:
Vitamin A and D, always taken together as an oil (cod liver, halibut liver or shark liver, two tablespoons dail, not to exceed four)
A- 5,000 to 15,000 I.U.s daily, taken in a perl
D- 500 to 1,500 I.U.s daily, taken in a perl
B- taken as Brewer's Yeast, three heaping tablespoons daily
[or] B complex in pill form- 20 to 100 mgs. daily for each B
C- 1,000 mgs. daily
E- 200 to 400 I.U.s daily
Zinc- 30 mgs. daily
Niacin- 100 mgs. twice a day (Don't take this if you're taking the Bs as Brewer's Yeast.)
Cold pressed oil- soybean, sesame, 1 tablespoon daily
Avoid chocolate, spiich, rhubarb
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

External:
Wash with the pH balanced [slightly acidic] soap, rinse with hot water, followed by the apple cider vinegar solution; use pH balanced products.

#3 nienna

nienna

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 June 2004 - 08:48 PM

This is also in the recent thread "the supplement way..." it seems to have worked well for people. Im about to try it, Im starting with just the Cod Liver Oil/Vit A&D, as this seems to plays the most part controlling acne in this regimen. I'll add stuff to it if I need to...I don't wanna have to take (and pay for) all those supplements if theyre not doing anything for me.

#4 flipside

flipside

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 June 2004 - 09:17 PM

im already in the process of switching to pH balanced products (some are still in the mail) and i think i will try the apple cider vinegar solution tommorow.

#5 AcneFighter

AcneFighter

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 June 2004 - 10:22 PM

Hmm, I m going to give this a try for sure. But one thing I am concerned about high intake of cod liver oil. Two tablespoons. Wow. I usually take one. But increase one more. Hmm maybe. Tomorrow I m going to try an apple vinegar topically because I have contsantly heard about this. It's time to give this a try.

#6 lookingtobeclear

lookingtobeclear

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 June 2004 - 03:57 PM

Cod liver oil should flush out of your system naturally - unlike if you were taking vitamin A supplements - which does not flush out in the same way.

There are many things to be considered when it comes to food as to which to avoid and which to eat. The following is a link that might answer some questions about supplements, though.

http://www.nlm.nih.g...icle/002399.htm

Overindulgence in any junk food is not healthy - but it may not be the cause of acne like we think. Junk food more likely interferes with some natural process of the body (like simple waste elimination) that causes our skin to reflect to the outside world that something is off kilter.

#7 dreamjob243

dreamjob243

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 June 2004 - 12:28 AM

Give it a try

#8 Keats

Keats

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 June 2004 - 02:29 AM

QUOTE(flipside @ Jun 20 2004, 09:04 PM)
im already in the process of switching to pH balanced products (some are still in the mail) and i think i will try the apple cider vinegar solution tommorow.

Dont put the ACV on the face.. drink it! smile.gif That will be much more effective, especially in the long run

#9 nienna

nienna

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 June 2004 - 04:16 AM

thanks for the link lookingtobeclear, ive been trying to find that info.

#10 flipside

flipside

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 June 2004 - 05:51 AM

QUOTE(Keats @ Jun 22 2004, 04:16 PM)
QUOTE(flipside @ Jun 20 2004, 09:04 PM)

Dont put the ACV on the face.. drink it! smile.gif That will be much more effective, especially in the long run

keats, I appreciate the input...

I've been wondering if applying acidic products like ACV will actually benefit the skin by restoring it to the normal slightly acidic pH. I think it might be better to allow the skin to restore itself naturally from within. I think I'll just try using pH balanced cleansers and moisturizers for now, and apply them as sparingly as I can. But then again, there is some merit to the idea of splashing a little diluted ACV on the face each day to inhibit growth of microbes and prevent infection.

I'm going to get some organic ACV and just drink it for now, as you suggest.

If I am able to cut out BP from my routine, then I think my face will be more able to tolerate application of diluted ACV, as a means of mild exfoliation and infection prevention.