Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wtich hazel and redness?

5 posts in this topic

hey!

I have a couple questions...

About a year ago my acne got really bad..I was using differin and solodyn. About 6 months in my face was getting better and the doctor switched over to Benzaclin for a quicker treatment. I began using all over my face. At first my face was really red but the redness went away quickly. After about 4 months of use my face began to get "stained" red but isn't dry, actually is alittle oily. I am not off benzaclin and use just a mild cleaner and a little baking soda about every other day followed by alittle witch hazel. So was it the Benzaclin or differin that made my face like a stained red??

and can witch hazel help improve the redness back to my orginial skin tone and about how long before seeing improvements. I have been doing it for about 2 days just at night. (too oily in morning)

I have a couple questions...

About a year ago my acne got really bad..I was using differin and solodyn. About 6 months in my face was getting better and the doctor switched over to Benzaclin for a quicker treatment. I began using all over my face. At first my face was really red but the redness went away quickly. After about 4 months of use my face began to get "stained" red but isn't dry, actually is alittle oily. I am not off benzaclin and use just a mild cleaner and a little baking soda about every other day followed by alittle witch hazel. So was it the Benzaclin or differin that made my face like a stained red??

and can witch hazel help improve the redness back to my orginial skin tone and about how long before seeing improvements. I have been doing it for about 2 days just at night. (too oily in morning)

Hi and welcome to acne.org. One thread is enough; I'll merge this one with the other one.

http://www.drugs.com/npc/witch-hazel.html That link has interesting information about witch hazel.

Take responsibility for your health; read the full prescribing information for any medication you take and understand that not all risks or potential side effects will likely ever be fully known.

=Regimen: Cetaphil Sensitive Skin Bar & Avon Anew Advanced Clinical Retexturizing Peel every day & Queen Helene Mint Julep mask weekly=
*Glycolic Acid Product Recommendations *What to do with a cyst/pimple/zit

Wynne 2.9Beta Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Please ask questions on the boards, not via PM. That way all benefit. Thanks!

witch hazel never worked for me

to be honest it actually made my face worst

its different for other people though

the best treatment i have used is tetralysal

its getting rid of my acne well :]

lavender oil is also good for acne