Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jewboy

Lemon Water...good for your skin, bad for teeth??

16 posts in this topic

Ive been taking this for a month a now, along with Apple cider Vinegar, it seems to help my acne as well as giving a glow. But ive noticed my teeth more yellow, has anyone noticed this??

Is there anything can be done to prevent this while taking the Lemon water??

Thanks.

Rinse with baking soda every night to prevent degradation of the enamel of your teeth. I just use baking soda & peroxide colgate toothpaste.

The base of the baking soda will counteract the acidity of the lemons.

Life is but a breath. Here is my story...

Thanks JC. Baking soda...is that a mouthwash?? Also Peroxide colgate...im sure we dont have that in england.

:blink:

baking soda is a powder that is used in some recipes i believe

it's a type of salt

it's very basic meaning it neutralizes acid

it's not a product, many different companies produce it

arm and hammer is a large company that does

it also absorbs odours

it's 'baking soda and peroxide colgate brand toothpaste' it's a type of colgate toothpaste that happens to have baking soda in it

arm and hammer also makes a toothpaste with baking soda in it

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

Jewboy...You should be able to easily find a box of baking soda in your supermarket. Like Edenfield said, it's a common cooking ingredient.

Mind you, rinsing your mouth with baking soda + water doesn't taste especially good, but it's good for your teeth.

Life is but a breath. Here is my story...

ok thanks guys i will look it up, ....is it supposed to make ur teeth white btw?

Cos if anyone knows a natural way to whiten teeth would be apreciated.

Thanks.

I heard baking soda helps whiten teeth, I know people that use it as toothpaste. As mentioned, you can use Arm & Hammer brand baking soda toothpaste, which is more like traditional toothpaste so you don't brush with powdery baking soda.

Baking soda has like 1,000,001 uses - everything from deodorizing to cooking. I use it to bake cookies, and I also use it to clean the toilet (but not from the same box!). You will probably find a box or two of baking soda in 95% of the refrigerators in the US, as it absorbs fridge odors.

Plus...it's pretty cheap!

A lot of toothpastes have baking soda in them, you'll see on the label Colgate + Baking Soda or whatnot.

I love my lemon water (though am drinking it hot as a tea now along with my green tea sometimes too as it's winter here now) and it doesn't seem to have any effect on my teeth. Though I brush quite often.

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly." - Sam Keen

Hey ive been looking for the baking soda. is baking soda the same thing as Bi-carbanate soda?? Its used for all types of stuff right?

Thanks again.

Hey ive been looking for the baking soda. is baking soda the same thing as Bi-carbanate soda?? Its used for all types of stuff right?

Thanks again.

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

Fist in the air, in the land of hypocrisy...

Thanks again.

uhh no baking soda is baking soda, thats what its called.

Some people are like Slinkies . . . not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Haha, thanks for the clarification, aksjdf!

Haha, thanks for the clarification, aksjdf!

He really needed that!

I can't help then. Besides I think someone told him it was indeed bicarbonate soda or whatever.