Photo

I did Subcision

subcision

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#1 Sam

Sam

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 17
About Me

Posted 27 July 2009 - 01:37 PM

I performed subcision on my acne scars myself an i think i have done a better job than my derm.I haven't takee pictures so i can't show you my results but im going to do it again on my other acne scars that i didn't do so then ppl can see the results.
I used a 25g 5/8 needle and pricked each scar going round the scar in a circle at an angle of 10 degree or less,i could here the popping of the deeper tissue which i new then would free the scar.

Here is the needles i used

http://www.medisave....100-p-1323.html

When i finished doing the sub i washed my face with coal tar soap then sprayed my face with boots antiseptic spray,then i moisturized my face then put sunscreen spf 30 on.

When i looked in the mirror the nxt morning my scars were still level with the normal skin so i got washed with coal tar,then i went under the LED lights,then i put vitamin C serum on ,then i moisturized,then i put sunscreen spf 30 on,then i put makup on and went out and no one could tell that i had done anything to my face.

I think i did the subcision right bc i heard the popping sound and the scars are still elevated so i do
hope the results are permanent bc im very pleased with the outcome.

#2 jetermvp02

jetermvp02

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 July 2009 - 01:56 PM

lol all you did was needle your scars, which i still dont know if its a good/effective idea some people swear by it, but honestly i think its pretty useless if your scars are deep. I tried needling about 5/6 times on each scar over a few years apart and i saw 0 change and im pretty sure it left me with a few more scars to be honest little icepick looking ones. Your scars will be lvl with your skin until the swelling goes down but i guess only time will tell. When i needled i heard the so called popping sound as well but stilll nothing :/.

#3 jmz768

jmz768

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 July 2009 - 03:36 PM

I had subcision done by a very experienced dermatologist 10 days ago. For the first week, It looked like my scars were completely gone. Now that the swelling is almost gone, the scars are still there but there is noticeable improvement. Your results will also fade as the swelling goes away.

#4 Sam

Sam

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 July 2009 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE (jetermvp02 @ Jul 27 2009, 08:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol all you did was needle your scars,

I've been needling my scars for about 3 year jeter im a veteran member and i know the difference between needling and subcision.The popping sound comes with both needling and subcision bc ive just had my 3rd subcision done on 10/6/09 by Dr Chu.

Jmz768,i know the area where i did the subcision will be swelled and i know the swelling will go down but i do believe that i will have some improvement.

#5 Axl Rosenberg

Axl Rosenberg

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 July 2009 - 12:05 AM

How did you know how deep to go??

#6 Sam

Sam

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 July 2009 - 01:35 AM

QUOTE (Axl Rosenberg @ Jul 28 2009, 07:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How did you know how deep to go??

I didn't,so when i heard the popping sound and noticed the scar level to the normal skin after a few pricks i new i was doing something different to just needling the scars.

#7 Ozay

Ozay

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 July 2009 - 10:49 AM

QUOTE (Sam @ Jul 27 2009, 03:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jmz768,i know the area where i did the subcision will be swelled and i know the swelling will go down but i do believe that i will have some improvement.

That's good to hear. I hope that it will be more of a permanent improvement for you. Let us know how it progresses. smile.gif

#8 sim

sim

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 July 2009 - 12:23 PM

i always thought about doing subcision myself since its so difficult to book appointment witha decent that even knows the procedure.

i don'think I even have a steady hand to piece my skin, then carefully aline it about a 1-2mm underneath and then force the needle in a sweeping motion.

when people have a subcision do they usually have a filler traight after?

#9 Rupert

Rupert

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 July 2009 - 04:01 PM

Sam, why do u want to do subcision to yourself? Why not just let dr chu do it?

#10 AcnePwns

AcnePwns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 July 2009 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE (Rupert @ Jul 28 2009, 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Because he believes he/she can do a better job than the derm

Anyways, please keep us updated and good luck to u my friend

#11 Rupert

Rupert

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 July 2009 - 06:11 AM

QUOTE (AcnePwns @ Jul 29 2009, 03:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Rupert @ Jul 28 2009, 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Because he believes he/she can do a better job than the derm

Anyways, please keep us updated and good luck to u my friend

and what would you consider to be a "better" job?

#12 Sam

Sam

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 July 2009 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE (Rupert @ Jul 28 2009, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm getting frustrated bc ive been going to see Dr Chu for about 4 year now without much improvement due to the slow process it takes to improve scars.

And another thing,the last time Dr Chu did subcision on me he missed some of the bad scars that really bother me even though i marked them with a surgical pen,now i have to wait another 4 to 5 months b4 i see him again.

#13 Ozay

Ozay

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 July 2009 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE (Sam @ Jul 29 2009, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm getting frustrated bc ive been going to see Dr Chu for about 4 year now without much improvement due to the slow process it takes to improve scars.

And another thing,the last time Dr Chu did subcision on me he missed some of the bad scars that really bother me even though i marked them with a surgical pen,now i have to wait another 4 to 5 months b4 i see him again.

Yeah I can see why you're frustrated with him...I'd be upset too. Unfortunately business is business, no matter where you go. But if you were his brother or mom, I'm sure he wouldn't have missed those marked areas you had pointed out to him. I say if you're comfortable doing it by yourself, than keep at it! smile.gif

#14 jaden

jaden

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 July 2009 - 04:48 PM

I would like to buy needles to try this, Walgreens requires a rx, and I rather order online
in the USA.Anyone know where to get any? Would accupucture needles work too?

#15 Frax1

Frax1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 July 2009 - 05:17 PM

QUOTE (Sam @ Jul 29 2009, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sam, how many subcisions did you have in the last 4 years and how would you rate the improvement?

#16 leaj2009

leaj2009

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:20 PM

I'm a nurse and you guys are nuts. You're just going to make the scarring worse. If you aren't happy with your MD, then find a new one.

#17 happymelon

happymelon

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:13 AM

Dont u need to numb your face first b4 subscision?I remember I got shots to my face bfore piercing the skin......but it still hurts!!!

#18 Sam

Sam

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 July 2009 - 04:39 PM

Frax1,I had 3 subcisions done by Dr Chu But ive had other treatments as well so i would say about 30% or more from subcision and about 20% with the other treatments.So in all ive had about 50% in scar improvement since 1996 when i 1st had dermabrasion.

It may be 10% either way on the above figures as its hard to just by a percentage but the last 4 year since seeing Chewy ive seen the most improvement.

Leaj2009,so what if that next Derm does the same and the next?
I have at least 2 choices while in life,try and improve my scars and be happy or end it all if it goes wrong.

Happymelon,no i didn't numb my face and it didn't hurt much.

#19 shortypinky

shortypinky

shortblue

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 July 2009 - 04:09 PM

sam.... how comes u do 4-5 months waiting time? are you seeing him privately? that means in 4 years uv only seen him 8 or less times right?

#20 Sam

Sam

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 August 2009 - 01:32 AM

I see Dr Chu on the NHS,and yes you could be right on the amount of times i have seen him.