Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

will swimming effect skin??

13 posts in this topic

Since it's summer and i swim alot i was wondering:

Does chlorine effect my skin? As far as clogging pores.

I swim all of the time and it does not impact my skin.

some peeple say chlorine even clears up acne.

but others say chlorine can give you skin cancer (more than sun).

:neutral:

:: what would you buy? ::

1 - the ugly colored and graved with bird shit all over it, but Porsche/Lamborgini shaped car what could take you like a jet plane?

2 - or the amazing static red colored shiny, with the green glow under the car but is shaped like a lame cube where old folks drive in?

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules] the same goes for acne and the girls who choose the guy's [image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

ps: I don't know cars, only girls... but you got the point.

Everything gives you cancer these days.  It sells.

I heard somewhere that swimming in salt water gets rid of acne because it kills germ or something, is that true?

Yeah, ocean swimming does seem to soothe my skin. I'll give it a go in a few weeks when I head back east. Maybe I'll make it a morning ritual, and start a personal log. wink.gif

chlorine kills bacteria, bacteria causes acne, chlorine water helps acne smile.gif my back acne cured from going to the pool so just have fun!

i went on a vacation in hawaii last summer for 2 weeks, swimming in a pool and the ocean every day for a few hours also my skin fully peeled at the end fully cleared all my severe acne and most scarring on my back

too bad its all come back since then

o Hawaii!!!

when u said ur back peeeled... do u mean from sunburn or the water itself?

swimming pools will definetely help to clear up your skin....however i had somewhat of the opposite effect with salt water

well, i usualy never burn, i got really dark, and then at the very end of the two weeks my skin peeled. It dident hurt like a sun burn, but i know it was one

salt water doesn't help me, but i know it helps others. i think it depends how sensitive your skin is.

i swim a lot, in a chlorinated pool, and it helps rather than hinders my face. after you swim, i recommend showering (or splashing your face) with COLD water, then patting dry and moisturising if neccesary.

smile.gif