Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sweetjade...

10 posts in this topic

I was a visitor on acne.org and came across jewboy's forum to you about elimination diet. I recently changed my diet: no sugar, dairy, refined foods, wheat,etc. I was still frustrated that i was still breaking out after being a month on this diet. Luckily i stumbled upon your post about elimination diet. On your avoid list was peanuts and banana. I was eating bananas and peanuts like crazy thinking that it was healthy for me. I have stop eating bananas and peanut for a day and no new breakouts. I'm praying it those i'm allergic to. Anyhoo...i also wanted to thank you for sharing your knowledge with us. I was reading your previous posts and it was very informative. Acne is so multfacets that what works for one might not for another. I thank you for tackling it from so many perspectives. I glad to hear you have acne under control. Thanks for sticking around and helping other. Take care and hope to hear from you. :wink:

SJ has helped many people on this board. She's a godsend! user posted image

Glad to hear that a diet change worked for you!

Life is but a breath. Here is my story...

SJ has helped many people on this board.  She's a godsend!  user posted image

Also kudos to jewboy and jc for helping others out. After reading your story jc, on how you abated your acne by liver flushing, i'm considering it. I see you've done a lot of research on it and i applaude you for it. I hope to have mines under control eventually. I'm so tired of living in shame and frustration. I grateful for forums like this where others know how you feel and how we can exchange ideas to rid acne. Take care! :smile:

Bananas are are higher on the glycemic index level (higher in carbohydrates) than fruits such as grapes and apples. I don't think cutting them out will cure your acne unless you are very lucky but it might help. Do you all know about not eating fruits with other foods?

no.....enlighten me biggrin.gif

my skin is only quite mild and unpredictable so when i cut out foods its difficult to tell whether theres an improvement at all. <_<

i don't know if it's me but it's only been two days now and my skin hasn't broken out with cysts since i stopped eating peanuts and bananas. I think it's worth a try to just cut out bananas for a week and see how your skin reacts. Good luck

thanks im gonna do that smile.gif jeez the list of things i can have is getting smaller and smaller and smaller...eating just isnt the same anymore!

I miss so much food that i used to have:ice cream, mcdonalds, pizzas,pasta and the list goes on...but have clearer skins is way better. I'm tired of living my life not to the fullest. I'm tired of dreading waking up in the morning b/c i don't want to face people. I want to take control of my acne instead of it taking over my life. Take care. :wink: