5 replies to this topic

#1 aasaalhum

aasaalhum

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 July 2009 - 07:56 PM

oh. my. god. PLEASE try this if you feel like you've tried everything. mix about a teaspoon of honey with a teaspoon of turmeric to make a paste...then wear the mixture (add more turmeric and honey if you need more mixture to cover the entire area) as a mask. i'm not sure if it's the mixture that's working or all the prayers i've been doing for a while now...but my face is (seemingly) magically clearing up and my scars are disappearing at a ridiculously fast rate. i'm only on day 3 and it's working like a CHARM. my cyst disappeared, my pimples are just drying out and healing quickly, and my scars are disappearing. i'm not sure if depression caused my acne or acne caused my depression, but now neither do i feel depressed nor is my acne as bad as it was for the past 2 months. fyi, i think it was hormonal acne, because i was COMPLETELY clear about 4 months ago, and for the past few months i've been looking in a mirror and crying, in disbelief that it was me looking back at myself.

i know people usually try all prescriptions then take the natural route, but i just purchased retin-A, read horrible reviews about it AFTER i spent 80 bucks, dropped the retin-A after just a couple of days, and tried using more common household products. baking soda burned parts of my skin off, calamine lotion was useless, the aspirin mask didn't do much except make my fingers start peeling (??), honey itself didn't do anything...but TURMERIC (which is a common household product for me b/c i'm indian...)...just try it.

i just hope it all goes away. i'm about 50% clearer than i was before and, like i said, i'm only 3 days in.

best of luck to all of you smile.gif

#2 enomisailat

enomisailat

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:48 AM

I have heard great things about 3 tablespoons honey 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Mix and apply before bed and wash off in morning with warm water.

Do they have turmeric at Whole Foods? I know they definitely don't have it at my local supermarket.

#3 someday

someday

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I'm a music person.

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:17 PM

There have been intermittent posts claiming wondrous, miraculous things about turmeric... I dunno - I've added it to food for like 20 years - and I tried it topically once or twice (also mixed with honey) on specifically cystic zits and all I got was no reduction and a nice yellow stain eusa_doh.gif

It's one of the many things I've tried that for me have had a grand total of no impact on cysts smile.gif

#4 cassiopeia

cassiopeia

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:48 PM

QUOTE (enomisailat @ Jul 21 2009, 11:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have heard great things about 3 tablespoons honey 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Mix and apply before bed and wash off in morning with warm water.

Do they have turmeric at Whole Foods? I know they definitely don't have it at my local supermarket.

Really? I used to stock the spices section at a supermarket for years and we always had it. Whole Foods definitely does.

That being said, I tried honey masks (real, unprocessed, unheated honey) religiously for a month and it definitely made my acne worse. Since every time I make curry or something with turmeric in it, it stains my fingers orange, I won't be trying this one! eusa_think.gif

#5 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 July 2009 - 01:31 PM

Pale skinned people need to worry about staining.

It's the sulfur that provides the benefit and there are other sources of sulfur. Might not be as cheap though. There's epsom salts which are pretty cheap and have the benefit of also containing magnesium which is absorbable through the skin. Relaxes muscles and helps you sleep.

#6 aasaalhum

aasaalhum

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:46 PM

well, some people have tried turmeric capsules and a drink mix (it's NASTY but i don't care). i put it on my face and also make a drink in the morning. who knows? it's worked for some people...i just tried it b/c my mom's friend told me to...and i'm glad i did. good luck to all of you smile.gif positivity does help, as hard as it is to have when you feel like crap sometimes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users