red mark

1 reply to this topic

#1 greeneyesgirl

greeneyesgirl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 July 2009 - 06:20 PM

Hello, sorry I didn't see a topic for this so I hope someone can help me. I have a few clear/slightly red bumps that have been on my face since Jan/March that just won't GO AWAY! I have tried everything ON THEM! BP, SA, Clindamycin, sea salt, ice and leaving them alone. Mind you I didn't try these all at the sametime. A few months and some a few weeks in between. My face is clearing from a massive breakout I had in March, I was taking 100mg Doxycycline, but gave it up because of the massive side effects it kept giving me. I'm now dealing with the stupid bumps and a red marks. I'd like to know if there's anything else I can use on them or suggestions? I have an appointment with my dermatologist in August and she just keeps giving me Clindamycin gel and Doxycycline. I've only gone twice though, so this will be my 3rd visit. Anyway, when I go, I'm going to ask her about this and getting on Spiro, I just thought maybe some of you could help as well. eusa_angel.gif

Thanks!

P.S. I don't have health insurance, so I can't get expensive, expensive products unfortunately. cry.gif

#2 willow569

willow569

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me
  • Interests:Dancing, feline rescue volunteering, music

Posted 18 July 2009 - 10:37 AM

Are the bumps deep under the skin or at the surface of the skin? Is there much in the way of inflammation or pus in the spots?

It sounds like you might want to ask your derm for either a retinoid (like Retin-A gel) or maybe something with azelaic acid (Finacea or Azelex). All your derm is giving you is two different antibiotics - not generally the best plan for clearing acne long term. You don't want to be on antibiotics for long peroids of time and they don't really help with clearing out clogged pores - they just kill bacteria and reduce inflammation in the lesions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users