Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Milk without hormones, ok to drink?

7 posts in this topic

i recently found out that the brand Cream O Land doesnt contain hormones. so if hormones is the only reason why ppl dont drink milk, would this be ok?

All milk has hormones. IN the US and Britain there are excess hormones in dairy and I think that is what people are worried about. I've never had a problem with dairy and maybe it's because my body can handle the normal hormone levels in milk(I live in canada and there are no excess hormones in dairy, beef, chicken, etc...).

A lot of people are allergic to milk and dairy without realizing it. It has different degrees so it affects people differently. Why not try soy milk?

Illusion is the first of all pleasures.

-Oscar Wilde

Ben we've seen your posts and know your stance on diet & acne. There are studies that link diet to acne btw anyway just not many.

It depends. I'm lactose intolerant so I don't drink milk. I found a yummy soy milk I like. smile.gif

If you're not allergic it's probably okay, my theory is if you're allergic to something it won't necessarily make acne worse but it may, so probably best to avoid it.

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly." - Sam Keen

I remember reading somewhere that cows milk contains proprionibacterium... y'know, the P in P. acnes. But then again, it gets pasturized so I don't know.

I try to stick with the organic stuff as much as possible. I don't need any growth hormones... I'm already 6 feet tall.

Try being tall with acne... I might as well walk around with an arrow pointed at my face.

IN the US and Britain there are excess hormones in dairy

In the UK? I didn't think any excess were in it? Are you sure?

Thanks