Photo

For guys who have lost beard hair from acne scars...

dermabrasion phenol

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 NealStewart25

NealStewart25

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 July 2009 - 04:15 PM

I think I may have found a grocery store cure for hair loss if any of you are interested, courtesy to a company called Follica. The patent for Follica demonstrates that scientists have discovered hair follicle neogenesis in mammalian murine models using several different growth factors. Among those most discussed was a protein containing epidermal growth factor inhibitor. When the researchers abraded the skin of the mouse, they intradermally injected epidermal growth factor inhibitors to allow epidermal stem cells to create/repair hair follicles. I googled some drugs that contained these inhibitors and discovered that some of them cost up to $700. I don't know about you, but that's too expensive of a drug for me. There are however, strong occurrences of this inhibitor in nature. Among those that I have found are apples (containing polyphenols), potatos (potato carboxypeptidase inhibitor), peanuts (genistein), and soy milk (genistein). I thought it was kind of crazy at first, but I decided to try it for myself since using organic compounds would more than likely be very safe. I used apple cider vinegar and a cotton ball to disrupt the epidermis (important step; any kind of dermabrasion should work), mixed the above foods in a blender (not including ACV), and simply applied them to my face. Fortunately, this shouldn't be long process either. It has only taken me five days to see results and I couldn't believe that it worked. Anyway, to people with similar scar related hair loss on their face, this is a potential fix for the problem.

Hope this helps some people out

Neal

#2 Sam

Sam

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 17
About Me

Posted 10 July 2009 - 04:50 PM

I've sprayed ACV on my face on and off for awhile for red marks but it didn't do anything for my lost beard hair due to scars.

#3 Guest_missyjean130_*

Guest_missyjean130_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 10 July 2009 - 05:02 PM

Why would you want facial hair to grow back?

I keep wishing my man's face hair would disappear....

#4 NealStewart25

NealStewart25

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 July 2009 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE (Sam @ Jul 10 2009, 05:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've sprayed ACV on my face on and off for awhile for red marks but it didn't do anything for my lost beard hair due to scars.

That should be expected. The supposed key ingredient in the follica patent is epidermal growth factor inhibitor. Granted, there are other important factors that can be tested, including fibroblast growth factor, transforming growth factor-alpha, and the wnt-pathway.

#5 NealStewart25

NealStewart25

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 July 2009 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE (missyjean130 @ Jul 10 2009, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why would you want facial hair to grow back?

I keep wishing my man's face hair would disappear....

Because I am 19 years old. I have only had the privilege of growing a beard for about a year and a half, and the unfairness of not being able to grow one anymore disgusts me.

#6 Sam

Sam

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 July 2009 - 05:43 PM

How often do u apply this food mix to your beard and do u put it all over your beard or just on the bald patches.

#7 NealStewart25

NealStewart25

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 July 2009 - 05:54 PM

I am pretty sure the proliferation of epidermal stem cells to hair follicles would not be limited to scar tissue or injury. That being said, personally, I only apply it to the bald patches where i want hair growth. This can be difficult though considering the mix is quite slimey.

#8 mills

mills

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 July 2009 - 07:28 PM

what type of scars does hair not grow in

#9 NealStewart25

NealStewart25

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 July 2009 - 12:41 AM

Hair is capable of growing through dermal fibrous connective tissue, so any type of scar should be able to grow hair, although the efficacy of any trans dermal application will most likely be reduced due to disorganized collagen formation in the scar.

#10 lifesover

lifesover

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 July 2009 - 06:24 PM

ive seen people with bad acne scarring grow damn thick beards. Im only 19 aswell and i do think thats the scars have slowed down the growth of my beard hair. But like i said im only 19 in positive in about 4 years i will have a lumber jack beard. Hairyness runs in my family

#11 Sam

Sam

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 July 2009 - 02:57 AM

What kind of peanuts should i use lifesover.

#12 NealStewart25

NealStewart25

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 July 2009 - 08:55 AM

I used regular unsalted peanuts from the grocery store

#13 Sam

Sam

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:57 AM

Is red skins ok to use,what brand are the unsalted u use?

#14 NealStewart25

NealStewart25

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 July 2009 - 03:45 PM

The brand of peanuts that I used were kroger brand. I think that red skinned peanuts would be fine though. Also, let me know how it works for you if you are going to try it. I am interested to see other people's results. Remember to abrade the skin first, then apply.