vitamin vitamins vitamin b vitamin b3 vitamin a niacin fish oil zinc juicing

818 replies to this topic

#21 Swits

Swits

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 July 2009 - 08:49 PM

Hmmm... I guess I'll have to reconsider about taking no flush niacin. can someone then please post their results with no flush niacin? it would be great to compare results to see which one seems to be more effective. see the way i see it is that the niacin flush opens your capillaries, which are small enough to let only one tiny cell through, and makes it double the size. bigger capillaries means that there is a better chance of toxins being broken down and flow into the blood stream.

feel kinda down about saying this, but i had a small breakout on my cheeks. i think it was because i pick and squeeze too much. i used to breakout a lot along my jawline and that is clearing up pretty well and all my marks are fading. im gonna start taking 500 mg and ill be more careful with touching my skin next time.

#22 lexxie

lexxie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 July 2009 - 09:21 PM

edit

Edited by lexxie, 18 December 2009 - 10:25 AM.

#23 deadonfive

deadonfive

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 July 2009 - 06:26 AM

QUOTE (RockstarNailbomb @ Jul 14 2009, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for the info, If i could +rep you i would. I still don't think it has to do with increased circulation. Think about people with rosacea, they have pustules and papules and their face is always red because of circulation. Circulation is not always a good thing.

I didn't say that it would work for rosacea. Rosacea is probably a symptom of something else (and possibly the redness could partially be a result of inflammation, instead of over-circulation.) I said that Niacin might be worth a try for people whose acne clears up with exercise, or otherwise have bad circulation problems. There isn't any one pill that will clear up everybody's skin issues.

#24 RockstarNailbomb

RockstarNailbomb

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 July 2009 - 08:41 AM

QUOTE (deadonfive @ Jul 15 2009, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (RockstarNailbomb @ Jul 14 2009, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for the info, If i could +rep you i would. I still don't think it has to do with increased circulation. Think about people with rosacea, they have pustules and papules and their face is always red because of circulation. Circulation is not always a good thing.

I didn't say that it would work for rosacea. Rosacea is probably a symptom of something else (and possibly the redness could partially be a result of inflammation, instead of over-circulation.) I said that Niacin might be worth a try for people whose acne clears up with exercise, or otherwise have bad circulation problems. There isn't any one pill that will clear up everybody's skin issues.

Rosacea is pretty much chronic over-circulation. The blood vessels in the face are always open because various reasons. The point is, the flush with niacin is comparative to a flush from rosacea. Both include widened blood vessels and if you were to flush long enough from the niacin, you would experience rosacea-like symptoms. If the increased circulation cured acne, than all people would have to do is run everyday. When i run, my face is red and full of circulation, but that has never cured my acne nor has it cured anyone elses. Niacin, however, has cured peoples acne.

I might be wrong, I am not a pharmacist or a dermatologist but its just common sense.

#25 deadonfive

deadonfive

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 July 2009 - 09:54 AM

QUOTE (RockstarNailbomb @ Jul 15 2009, 10:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rosacea is pretty much chronic over-circulation. The blood vessels in the face are always open because various reasons. The point is, the flush with niacin is comparative to a flush from rosacea. Both include widened blood vessels and if you were to flush long enough from the niacin, you would experience rosacea-like symptoms. If the increased circulation cured acne, than all people would have to do is run everyday. When i run, my face is red and full of circulation, but that has never cured my acne nor has it cured anyone elses. Niacin, however, has cured peoples acne.

I might be wrong, I am not a pharmacist or a dermatologist but its just common sense.

I've already stated that circulation will not "cure" everyone's acne.

#26 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 July 2009 - 10:55 AM

QUOTE (Swits @ Jul 14 2009, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmmm... I guess I'll have to reconsider about taking no flush niacin. can someone then please post their results with no flush niacin?

All the studies I've seen and the only prescription acne meds I know of use niacinimide.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#27 steve.n

steve.n

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 July 2009 - 06:33 PM

I couldn't find no-flush or flush-free anywhere near my area. I'll have to look again when I go to a different city in a few days. So right now, I just bought niacin, 500 mg and took it with food. The pharmacist there was very helpful and gave me some tips which were previously mentioned somewhere on this thread (taking it with food / asprin about 30 mins before taking niacin to reduce the flush effect). I'll report back how I feel later on!

Edit: Man my entire arms went RED, but for some reason my face wasn't red at all, just my ears and the surrounding area were. Anyways, I donno but my face looks better even just after the flush. As a matter of fact, I feel good everywhere lol.
시작이 반이다. - Starting is half the task.

#28 Swits

Swits

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 July 2009 - 10:42 PM

yeah i noticed that too! the flush doesnt make your face red, it just makes my ears feel kinda weird and heavy. you can definitely see the rash on your arms legs and chest though.

personally i wouldnt take aspirin before taking niacin. its practically useless and its just another pill that your body has to work harder to breakdown.

#29 Trippspawn

Trippspawn

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:32 AM

So then since I agree with Swits, couldn't we just take it right before we go to bed? I don't see why not. I know that's already been said but it would appear that some people still choose to take it in the day and I don't see the benefit of that, I guess.

Edit: Irrelevant, I ended up getting the flush-free because...well because my store didn't have the "flush" variation. =P

Hopefully it is effective.

#30 Yero

Yero

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 July 2009 - 12:25 PM

Im 20 y/o male with persistently mild acne since puberty. 3 Days ago I stopped using BP and now just take 500mg Niacin (the flush kind) I've had 1 new pimple that was tiny and went away as soon as it came. Ive noticed a big difference already. This is definitely something to investigate. The flush is not that bad, my ears get alittle hot and itchy for 20 mins.

Something I came across. "Nicotinamide has demonstrated anti-inflammatory actions which may be of benefit in patients with inflammatory skin conditions.[4] These conditions include acne vulgaris, and the compound can suppress antigen induced-lymphocytic transformation and inhibit of 3'-5' cyclic AMP phosphodiesterase. Nicotinamide has demonstrated the ability to block the inflammatory actions of iodides known to precipitate or exacerbate inflammatory acne"
http://en.wikipedia....ki/Nicotinamide

#31 RSXBOI

RSXBOI

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 July 2009 - 09:34 AM

I have looked everywhere for niacin with flush and have had NO luck..It's all No flush crap.

#32 TheStrongWillPrevail

TheStrongWillPrevail

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 July 2009 - 10:53 AM

Really, i had no trouble finding normal B-3( Niacin), update: if anyone cares: i will begin taking Normal B-3 Niacin tonight after not seeing much affect with the no flush kind, from what i gather most positive results come from the normal niacin rather than no flush, please keep in mind that no flush is niacin in the form of inositol hexaconate, it differs from niacinamide which is niacin that has been formulated to not cause a flush, however this form of niacin may be somewhat toxic to the liver, hence my reason for not trying it and just dealing with the flush , hopefully the flush is beneficial to me and some results are seen.....

#33 Swits

Swits

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 July 2009 - 11:26 AM

Update:

My skin is really kicking my ass right now. I just broke out around my upper lips which never used to happen but that may be because I switched my shaving cream. I can take 500mg without flushing now and I'll continue to take them. Im going up to a cottage for a couple of weeks so I'm hoping to get a lot of sun and I'll be washing my face with Cetaphil from now on.

#34 yummymummy

yummymummy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 July 2009 - 02:09 PM

Have you got the name of the internet site where i can purchase it from. Thanks

Is it really that good then? I have just had a baby and my skin has broken out as i have finished breast feeding. Im n ot sure whether my acne is hormonal or not? Is Niacin only for severe acne would you say? I feel weird taking it in so high quantities. Can it be dangerous?

#35 yummymummy

yummymummy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 July 2009 - 02:15 PM

Any idea where i can get it from in the uk. Im getting married in Nov and am desperate to find something to control my breakouts till then. Do you think it be ok to use it up until i decide to try for a baby after the wedding. Or do i have to wait few months for it to get out of my body?

#36 bɭesstheʄẚɭɭ

bɭesstheʄẚɭɭ

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 July 2009 - 03:08 PM

What is the consensus: flush or no flush? We should keep tabs on which users are using what source of niacin, and then track their progress.

#37 Mr. Crab

Mr. Crab

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 July 2009 - 07:40 PM

I bought a bottle of 250 mg Niacin (with Flush). I took one half at noon and the other half after dinner a few minutes ago. Describing the flush as a pretty bad sunburn is spot on to how it feels! It never lasted over 20 minutes for me. My skin feels amazing after the flush, just as if I didn't even have acne! It also seems like it's healing very fast. I have a great feeling about this stuff. I will post an update after a few more days.

#38 bɭesstheʄẚɭɭ

bɭesstheʄẚɭɭ

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 July 2009 - 07:49 PM

I took 200mg of the nicotinic acid around 6pm, and nothing happened at all after that. I watched around 6:30pm and 7:00pm, but no flush sad.gif

#39 intotherain

intotherain

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 July 2009 - 08:31 PM

I bought a 250mg bottle of Niacin at Walgreens (Finest Naturals) that is "Timed Release"
I couldn't find any that weren't.

The other choices for Niacin were all labeled "No Flush" so I went with this one because it did not. The back also says "In some persons symptoms of flushing or warm feeling may occur immediately after dosage which usually disappear in a short period of time"

Will this work fine?

#40 Mr. Crab

Mr. Crab

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 July 2009 - 08:49 PM

QUOTE (intotherain @ Jul 18 2009, 08:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I bought a 250mg bottle of Niacin at Walgreens (Finest Naturals) that is "Timed Release"
I couldn't find any that weren't.

The other choices for Niacin were all labeled "No Flush" so I went with this one because it did not. The back also says "In some persons symptoms of flushing or warm feeling may occur immediately after dosage which usually disappear in a short period of time"

Will this work fine?

That should be fine. I would split the tablet in half and just take a half at one time of the day and the other half later in the day. If you find it works for you, take the whole tablet after a few days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users