Does Cystic Acne always lead to scar?

1 reply to this topic

#1 Alvin1989

Alvin1989

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:45 PM

I've a huge red bump on the right side of my face on the front of my cheek! I am just curious whether cystic acne always do leave a scar? I've not been picking on it, only sometimes when the outer layer skin peels of, some or maybe little pus came out and I did the ice method to freeze it. The question here is......Does cystic acne surely leaves a scar, cause it really does seem like when the pus is gone, my skin will sink under of the surface a bit........ HELP! cry.gif

#2 PaulyD

PaulyD

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 July 2009 - 06:50 AM

Not always but it really depends on a number of things. The obvious are picking and squeezing but ive found that sometimes it doesnt matter how patient you are and how well you take care of it, you'll scar. BUT you can control how bad it scars to an extent. I'd say that most of my cystic acne didnt scare but some did really bad and the worst ones are when i first broke out and i had NEVER had any acne for 20 years of my life and didnt know that i shouldnt be picking at it and the doctors all told me i could do nothing about cystic acne and than after a while i went to a derm and he was so shocked to hear that they had been giving me so bad advice. It was a period in my life I always wish to go bak to because i KNOW i wouldnt have this bad scarring left by a few MASSIVE cysts.

Just take care of it and DO NOT get impatient. Some times we have events to go to and think o well just pop and squeeze and pick but you gotta think long term.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users