Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Green Tea for acne?

31 posts in this topic

The supermarket tea-bags are useless since the leaves are chopped and you have no idea of how much is actuallly green tea.  Most come with allsorts of other useless herbs bunged in that you don't want.

Bottom line is that mass produced green tea bags are of very low quality. They are also chopped up. If you chop up the tea leaves they don't get a chance to expand in the diffuser, or cup and when broken up many of the antioxidants are lost.

Seriously, it's not hard to find good quality green tea and it costs the same as that celestial seasonings stuff while being dozens of times more effective as the tea in bags.

I don't want to sound stupid, but when you get the green tea leaves, how do you make tea from them? I have one of those strainer things for loose tea. Do I use that and leave the tea leaves whole?

I'm a new yorker who thrives off coffee.

Hi.

i dont know what the whole leaves look like but i think you could put them in whole. if you want the tea to brew faster you could break them into smaller pieces first. i assume you're talking about a teapot with the strainer part in the middle.

ok, I'll try that. I use a strainer that you dip in the cup. You open it up and put the leaves in. A mesh like thingy...

Hi.

What about green tea extract supplements? I just bought a bottle which contains 315mg. I'm not sure if i'm going to start taking it yet though.