Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JRider23

Does lifting weights cause acne?

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys... i haven't been here for a while, which is awesome. However, i have just started getting into lifting, and have seen my acne start to reappear. It never completely went away, but it was really better. Now, i am getting more pimples and i just got a boil on my forehead (i can't fucking stand it, that's what my mom said it was but i am not positive).. I have kind of increased my protein intake and stuff, so my question is does lifting/what comes along with lifting cause acne? I also play soccer, so i am going to run every other day in the summer and take sunday's off. Should i alter my diet and stuff or what should i do!? Any help is appreciated.

Lifting weights is going to increase your testosterone levels some-what. Hormones, such as testosterone, have been implicated in acne. So the increase in your workout routine could possibly cause the hormone levels to be out of synch - once a workout regimen is established the hormone levels could even out, allowing the acne to subside possibly.

I would just make sure after your workouts you are cleansing your face.

My Blog

Start: July 1, 2009

Regimen using DK's products

Morning: 1p Cleanser, 1p BP, 1p Moisturizer

Night: 1p Cleanser, 2p BP, 1p Moisturizer + 6 gtt Jojoba oil

*If I plan on wearing makeup I only use 1/2p BP to avoid the "balling"

Lifting weights is going to increase your testosterone levels some-what. Hormones, such as testosterone, have been implicated in acne. So the increase in your workout routine could possibly cause the hormone levels to be out of synch - once a workout regimen is established the hormone levels could even out, allowing the acne to subside possibly.

I would just make sure after your workouts you are cleansing your face.

alright thanks :) i hope it evens out because i really want to lift/train this summer, but i don't want my acne to get worse again before i go on vacation.

I wouldn't worry about it. Working out will also help you with your blood sugar which will in turn help your acne. It's healthy for you and its something I take you enjoy, so keep it up.

Please, use Retin-A. It has nearly eliminated my acne and continues to lighten my red marks.

Me and all my buddies that all work out got a little bit of acne, its just a part of it i guess... I just happen to get red marks that take forevor to fade!

Went from severe to mild acne from Tane, working towards perfection now.