5 replies to this topic

#1 longhorns12

longhorns12

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 14 June 2009 - 10:58 PM

Hey everyone, just looking for a good, clean, gentle scrub. This one is called the "Rice Bran Polisher" made by the BEST nutritional company USANA Health Sciences. Their whole line of vitamins and skin care is the best in the world (literally). I was thinking about getting a scrub from them - a gentle exfollient. Can anyone with prior knowledge let me know if you see any comedogenic ingredients here? i've tried to look for a list but it's problematic so I was hoping someone with a running list in their head or something could take a peak and let me know. Hope to hear soon.

-s

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Powder, Cetyl Esters, Glyceryl Laurate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, Proline, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Echinacea Angustifolia Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Quillaja Saponaria Bark Extract, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour, Glycine, Papain, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Salicylic Acid, Retinyl Palmitate, Oryzanol, Tocopherol, Squalane, Diisopropyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Sea Salt, Glycerin, Sorbitol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Aminomethyl Propanol, Butylene Glycol, Vegetable Oil, Disodium EDTA, Calcium PCA, Magnesium PCA, Manganese PCA, Pentylene Glycol, Undecylenoyl Glycine, Capryloyl Glycine, Fragrance (Parfum).

#2 c'est la vigne

c'est la vigne

All aboard the nekobus!!!

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 14
About Me

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:35 AM

The following two links are to websites that list comedogenic ingredients. You can research the ingredients in your product(s) and determine if any might be problematic. The second link is to a PDF so if your computer is old or cranky, your computer might freeze.

http://www.zerozits....ect.htm#inglist

http://facerealitysk.....Skin Care.pdf

and i totally would have a crush on you if I had any lesbian tendencies

[sig-img:553]

Click here to find out why I'm so frustrated.

... and watch out for those RBDs.

#3 longhorns12

longhorns12

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 June 2009 - 01:42 PM

Thank you very much. I checked and the ingredients on the list seemed really good! It's an exfollient so there were a few discrepencies on irritation but not pore clogging.

Does anyone have any information on the natural extracts? They weren't on the list. For instance, Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Echinacea Angustifolia Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Quillaja Saponaria Bark Extract, Yucca Schidigera Extract etc. were not on the list. I doubt they would clog pores but I thought maybe someone had an idea about it.

Thanks again,

-s

#4 That's_Life

That's_Life

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 June 2009 - 01:51 PM

QUOTE (longhorns12 @ Jun 18 2009, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you very much. I checked and the ingredients on the list seemed really good! It's an exfollient so there were a few discrepencies on irritation but not pore clogging.

Does anyone have any information on the natural extracts? They weren't on the list. For instance, Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Echinacea Angustifolia Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Quillaja Saponaria Bark Extract, Yucca Schidigera Extract etc. were not on the list. I doubt they would clog pores but I thought maybe someone had an idea about it.

Thanks again,

-s

In general comedogenicty doesn't matter as much with washes/scrubs, as they are only on the skin for a short time. The ingredients listed above are fine, I can't find anything to suggest that they are comedogenic. From the ingredients list it sounds to be quite moisturising, so all should be fine biggrin.gif

We should keep an open mind, but not so open as to allow everything to fall out.

- Richard Dawkins

#5 longhorns12

longhorns12

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 June 2009 - 02:21 PM

Great. Thanks! I see in your information you've been on accutane? Well I have been since January. AWFUL IB and continued to breakout very bad for about 2 months. 6 months later I could not be happier. You'll be shocked with the results. Hang in there and be very careful in the sun!

Again, thanks for the information. This is a great product I've found!

#6 That's_Life

That's_Life

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 June 2009 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE (longhorns12 @ Jun 18 2009, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great. Thanks! I see in your information you've been on accutane? Well I have been since January. AWFUL IB and continued to breakout very bad for about 2 months. 6 months later I could not be happier. You'll be shocked with the results. Hang in there and be very careful in the sun!

Again, thanks for the information. This is a great product I've found!

Thanks smile.gif I'm coming up to day 40, and still breaking out, but not as much.

We should keep an open mind, but not so open as to allow everything to fall out.

- Richard Dawkins

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users