Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Liver flushes

108 posts in this topic

JulieMarie:

The fact that you have had "female problems" just shows that your liver is congested! :blink::huh:

Did you go to the sensiblehealth website and read it?

Good grief....just look at your own health history.....it points to liver congestion with probable intrahepatic (cholesterol) stones.

For the life of me....I don't understand why anyone would rather risk not having a gallbladder verses flushing the stones out. The fact of the matter is, you can take GCG to crush the stones; but most importantly.....the risk of getting a stone stuck is about the same as getting struck by lightening. The fact that people fear having a stuck stone (which usually isn't a big deal....do another flush, take some Gold Coin Grass) ABOVE the risks involved with complications from not having a gallbladder is frightening imho. I mean....truly frightening. :eek: :blink::huh:

Another question, and I apologize in advance if I word it so it sounds bold or rude. Its truely not meant that way...Im just not as good as some with words.

JC states that a healthy liver is vital to good skin.

Im sitting here wondering why I have gallstones, I mean, my understanding is that they begin formation in the liver, leading me to believe that my liver is probably not at peak efficiency, (holy cow...never even mind the junk I poured into my body for years. I loved sugar and fat. I lived on french-fries during my teenage years) :unsure:

However...I dont have, and have never had bad skin.

This certainly raises questions for me.

Geez...do you understand where Im going with this line of thinking? Or do I need to put more thought into the way I present the questions....? :blink:

Denise:

I have read *some* of the info on sensible health website, but not as much as I would like to. Its just a time issue. LOL...one computer, 4 kids who demand equal time from both me and the computer. Heehee..these days, while they are in school, with all the reading and typing im doing, hubby's convinced I want uis all to become nudists, cuz the laundry sure isnt getting done. biggrin.gif

You brought up an interesting point though, one that Im going to have a look at.

My health history and the probability of it being linked to liver congestion.

Im not sure my past *female probs* are a result of a congested liver, but I certainly cant rule it out either.

Holy crow....and the plot thickens.... :eek:

Julie: If you don't have the genetic propensity towards bad skin, you more than likely won't have it.

LOTS of people in my family have bad skin; very bad, even. It is very dominant on my mother's side of the family where there is native american blood. Personally, I believe it's many factors, but the bottom line is that if you don't have the genes to point you toward acne, you probably won't get it.

That makes perfect sense to me...the whole genetic pre-disposition line of thinking.

So, in your opinion, could a person who has a predisposition towards acne (or other problems) still aquire the problem regardless of the state of their liver?

I can apply some of this line of thinking to my own case as gallstones have been proven to have a heredity factor. Oddly enough, same goes with the female probs. My grandma had a hysterectomy for the same reason I did, in her 40's. My mom suffered the same problems, but opted to put up with the bleeding as she was fairly close to menopause, and the surgery and recovery time not only scared her but she didnt want to work it into her lifestyle. (time off work, etc)

Now...my grandma had 5 kids, 3 girls, 2 boys. My mom and her one sister experienced the same female prob stuff. One didnt...but, she never had any pregnancies, whereas my mom and her sister did.

I dont know if theres a link, if any of its related....but its certainly worth looking at.

Denise2,

Your blasts...I mean comments...are well taken. The reason why I quote Dr. Weil is I feel his extensive background in medicine...traditional and alternative... is well grounded in facts. I do not even pretend to know all the fine intricacies that go one within the body, because that is not my discipline.

However, I am convinced from reading Dr. Weil's book "Spontaneous Healing" that the body is capable of healing itself, through eating the proper foods, etc. Finding the right combination is the key...Thank you for all of your insights...Peace...out.

Krista, Im going to have a look at the library for that book. It sounds as if it might have some interesting reading.

I just wish I knew of how large the possibility of getting a stone stuck really was. Being offered information that "being struick by lightening, or getting into a car accident" does nothing to appease that question for me.

If I stand out on a golf course, with a lightning rod pointed at the sky...my chances increase of that happening, but if I stay in the house during a lightening storm...my chances markedly decrease of being struck. If I drive like a demon with a car that has bad brakes, again, I have increased my risk of that happening. If I follow the rules of the road, drive a safe car and follow all precautionary measures, yes it could still happen, but I have significantly decreased my risk.

Im just looking for ways to significantly decrease my risk of anything negative happening. I dont think that makes me anything but someone who cares very much about their body. rolleyes.gif

Ben, LOL...you dont have to tell me. Ive actually come across articles on websites claiming that liver flushes can cure Aids! Wow....if it were only so easy, huh?

I also found a quote here (http://www.kitchendoctor.com/healthconditions/gallstones/gallbladder.html)

saying that ER docs have a quota of surgeries to fill. Highly laughable and just not true.

Sorting through the misleading and inflated claims is really difficult, and there are many.

While I do think that there may be some basis to thinking that a liver flush may help certain conditions, Im just not convinced (yet) that it does all the things that some claim it does. And Im even more hesitant about becoming my own guinea pig to find out.

If the risks are few enough, and any side effects that are worth noting are not considerable, I may give it a try. :eek:

But, I would rather do the research FIRST rather than wasting a considerable amount of time playing games with my body, if the only thing thats going to ensure that I never have another serious gallstone attack again is surgery. Im telling ya, Ive had 4 kids...all of them with no pain relievers of any kind, and Id gladly go through that again, x10, before I suffered another attack.

Pain like that Ive just never experiencerd before. I think Id only wish it on the absolute worst of humanity. shock.gif

I found a website that I thought I'd pass along, as it contains lots of information, some of it usefull.

No doubt, some might find it mildly offensive as it calls into question the beliefs that many have formed.

While I feel I havent slanted my views in either arena, I do believe people should be offered information from both sides of each argument, and then be allowed to make up their own minds.

Happy reading.

Interesting reading and a different point of view

Krista: Gall and intrahepatic stones don't just disappear. I don't think you understand what they are, how they impede various bodily functions, or what harm they do overall. I have read Spontaneous Healing too. But I have also read, "The Amazing Liver Cleanse". I like Dr. Weil, but find myself in disagreement with him in this matter. Intrahepatic and gallstones cause many problems; they don't just "disappear" because we wish them away. We can take Gold Coin Grass and malic acid to break them apart, but flushing the liver produces many benefits, inluding removing parasites, toxins, old stored bile, cholesterol crystals, etc.....

As for everyone's comments about the curing of Aids, I'll just say that I don't believe that flushing your liver can "cure" Aids. What I can say is that flushing stones out of the liver causes all other bodily functions to function as they are supposed to; particulary the immune system. The cause of this is probably either two or threefold. First, when the bile ducts are clogged, this causes a chain reaction in the body of the lessening of the function of other vital organs, particularly the spleen. I recall talking to Julia Chang about why allergies clear up and she connected that to the spleen functioning properly once stones are expelled. She even went on to tell me that she had a client do a flush on their 4 year old, because she had such a severe allergic reaction to peanuts, and she almost died on several occasions. When flushing her liver, she expelled between 30-40 chickpea size stones, and her allergies totally went away. As for myself, I have stated many times here that I had very severe chemical allergies. It was difficult for me to be in craft stores and be around the plastic plants. Gas fumes, bleach, household cleaners all made my eyes burn and I would get nauseas and dizzy. This is all totally gone since I have flushed my liver. Also, one very important thing to remember is that stones harbor live virsus and bacteria. I remember this dude who posts under the username "Mr. Cooties" at Curezone saying that after a particular flush, his severe body odor and acne totally left. Keep in mind that he had taken all kinds of pharmecuetical drugs and been to many, many doctors over the years. He tried all kinds of things to control his body odor also. I remember when he posted this, he made the comment that since the stones harbored bacteria, he assumed that this is why his body odor left. He said the stones he passed smelled awful, and if you'll note in an earlier post, Andreas says the same thing.

So the bottom line is that liver flushing boosts the immune system on various levels. A heightened and normalized immune system can be helpful with treating aids or any other virus.

Ok, something very very funny about Dr Weir.

Did you know he actually promotes the use of LSD, and promotes "stoned thinking"?

Oh my...

And Denise, I would really encourage you to read the website I listed above.

While some of the information that you post is very believable, it is totally contradicted on the website, which by the way is based on scientific FACTS.

Doing a flush/cleanse will not boost the immune system. Not only is that questionable, it has been proven.

Its junk science like this that offers people false hope, and in some actually hinders recovery because they dont seek out proper medical attention when they need it.

I found the site purely by accident, but it was what I was looking for all along. Something to offer me some concrete evidence of what exactly is true science, and what is junk.

www.quackwatch.org

Julie.....QuackWatch is an arm of the pharmecuetical industry. Sorry dear, but I don't think you understand what the immune system is comprised of, or how it is strengthened.

I just sat right there and explained that I had very severe chemical allergies and they are gone. Do you understand that severe chemical allergies don't just disappear for no reason? I used to have such severe allergies growing up, I used to have to have saline injections up my nose and sleep with a cool mist humidifier every night.

I have NO ALLERGIES to ANYTHING presently.

Gallstones in the liver distort lobules of the liver, the blood cleansing ability of the liver, small intestine, lymphatic system, and immune system weakens. Due to restricted bile flow in the liver and gallbladder, the small intestine is restricted in it's ability to digest and break down food. This permits waste matter and poisonous substances, such as cadaverines and putrescines to seep in the lymph channels. These toxins enter the lymph vessel, called the thoracic duct. The lymph system becomes obstructed and the lymph nodes can no longer neutralize or detoxify the following things: dead and live phagocytes, worn out cells, cells damaged by disease,inhaled or congested toxic particles (HELLO? This is why I no longer have CHEMICAL SENSITIVITES OR FOOD ALLERGIES), cells from malignant tumors, and the millions of cancer cells every healthy person generates each day.

This is only one small part of the explanation as to why flushing the liver boosts the immune system.

Again...if you folks want to believe that the doctors know everything, that's fine with me. As for me, I learned over the years through doctors almost killing me, my friends almost dying from taking Paxil, and the millions of women (my aunt included) who were duped into buying the crappity crud about HRT being the end all be all, that doctors really aren't so smart after all. They have their place in surgery and trauma treatment, and they have my total respect on that end. But to be honest, I have thought a lot about why so many who post here are so willing to believe everything their doctor tells them, and I believe it's because they don't want to take full responsbility for their own health, and the thought is too horrible that doctors don't really know everything they should know. I had a kindly, grandfatherly physician who saved my life when I was a young girl. I literally owe my life to him and Dr. Lower, one of the best heart surgeons in the world, as I was born with a hole in my aorta at a time when the heart/lung machine was just developed. I had open heart surgery when I was 4 years old and live a totally normal life to this day, with no restrictions because of it.

But you guys who rely on doctors to treat chronic conditions and listen to the Quackwatch crowd are only shooting yourself in the foot. Sorry to say that, but it's true. Doctors have their place in trauma surgery, but for chronic conditions, it's best to do your own research and have an open mind.

I think it's hilariously laughable that doctors call cholesterol balls, intrahepatic stones, whatever you want to call them, "soap stones". It goes to show that their ignorance about how soap hardens reaches record levels.

Quackwatch Home Page

Mission Statement

Stephen Barrett, M.D.

Quackwatch, Inc., which was a member of Consumer Federation of America from 1973 through 2003, is a nonprofit corporation whose purpose is to combat health-related frauds, myths, fads, and fallacies. Its primary focus is on quackery-related information that is difficult or impossible to get elsewhere. Founded by Dr. Stephen Barrett in 1969 as the Lehigh Valley Committee Against Health Fraud, it was incorporated in 1970. In 1997, it assumed its current name and began developing a worldwide network of volunteers and expert advisors. Our activities include:

Investigating questionable claims

Answering inquiries

Distributing reliable publications

Reporting illegal marketing

Generating consumer-protection lawsuits

Improving the quality of health information on the Internet

Attacking misleading advertising on the Internet

Web Sites

The Quackwatch Web site was launched December 1996. In October 1998, we initiated Chirobase, a guide to the history, theories, and current practices of chiropractors. Chirobase is cosponsored by the National Council Against Health Fraud, Inc., and Victims of Chiropractic. MLM Watch was launched in January 1999, NutriWatch in March 2000, HomeoWatch in November 2001, Internet Health Pilot in January 2002, Dental Watch in June 2002., and NaturoWatch in June 2003. Dr. Barrett maintains Quackwatch and its subsidary sites with help from many volunteers. We also use the excellent services of SEVENtwentyfour, Inc., whose LinkWalker spider reports broken hyperlinks at least once a week.

Sources of Income

The total cost of operating Quackwatch's eight Web sites is approximately $4,500 per year. Neither Quackwatch nor Dr. Barrett has any financial ties to any commercial or industrial organization. Quackwatch, Inc., has no salaried employees. It operates with minimal expense, funded mainly by small individual donations and profits from the sale of publications. If its income falls below what is needed for the research, the rest comes out of my pocket.

So, in other words Denise, quackwatch is not an extension of the pharmecutical industry.

Those are some pretty funny cut and pastes, mixed with your comments...from someone who urges people to take control of their health and keep an open mind.

For one to have an open mind, they must look at ALL available information, positive and negative, and then draw their conclusions. Information from ALL souces, not just the sources that fit their views.

Julie Marie: There were NO CUT AND PASTES IN MY LAST POST; WHICH "FUNNY" ONES WERE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

As for QuackWatch....Mr. Barrett is a psychiatrist, and a strong advocate of very dangerous drugs like Prozac and Paxil, proving my point that he is as blind as the alternative doctors that he belittles and criticizes.

Before you try to condescend to me and infer that I used any cut and paste in any post I have made, feel free to p.m. me FIRST, in order to save yourself any embarassment.

Sorry dear, but I do my homework to make sure I know what I'm talking about before I talk about it.

http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelate.../spotquack.html

( interesting reading at #18, 19, 23, and 24)

http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelate...s/hfreedom.html

(hmmm, a prove me wrong attitude)

http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/ploys.html

(Im embarressed to admit that some claims fooled me)

http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/signs.html

(scroll down and read #1-7)

Now, anyone wanna place bets on how long it takes for me to be banned from this site? Simply because Im offering a point of view that doesnt jive with what the website is promoting. Oh wait....I thought it was about *informed choice*?

We'll see. rolleyes.gif

I quote:"" but I do my homework to make sure I know what I'm talking about before I talk about it. """

You mean you do your homework to be able to strengthen your already established point of view. :blink:

Juliemarie, unless you have tryed liver flushing for yourself (which you have not) please do not bash something that has worked for countless amounts of people. If you havent tried something for your self and only listen to what other people say, how do you know if something really works? There seems to be many facts that prove liver flushing is legit and many facts that prove it is a scam. The only real way to tell if it truly lives up to its claims is for one to try it for themself.

Juliemarie, it is good to gather all information as much as you can to know what true or not and what is good or not. But dont forget that Denise has spoken from her experience. She has healed herself from acne and other health disorders through internal cleanse. So, don't you believe in what Denise has saying that she has healed herself from those health troubles through internal cleanse?

I'm skeptical about liver flushing, and wasn't too excited to try it, probably because I'm too undisciplined and lazy to go through it. But I'm not going to bash it until I try it at least once...which I think I'm going to do, since the risks seem very minimal.

I'm not a big believer in holistic/homeopathic/alternative/natural medicine (or whatever the non-standard medical world is called). HOWEVER, reading through many of the liver flush threads on this board, I've noticed that there are loads of positive, glowing raves about liver flushes posted by the people who've actually TRIED liver flushing. On the other hand, I didn't find many negative liver flush posts by people who tried it. Most of the negative comments about liver flushing were by people that have NOT tried it.

It may be that the people who didn't have any success with liver flushing are not posting their negative testimonials...or maybe liver flushing really does work for most people. So...time to find out for myself!

Catwoman: I think that there have been negative posts by some people who have flushed their liver. What I mean by that is that there are people who maybe think that liverflushing is going to cure everything, and ofcourse it doesn't. Some people shouldn't flush their liver right away; their liver is simply too weak to contract and expel stones and they oughta take some liver strengthening herbs for a few months before attempting a flush for best results. Some people, (probably people who don't post here) shouldn't do a flush; particularly if their stones are lodged in a place where they have a high risk of pancreatitis, but of course that is rare. But you are right; I would say that everyone who has liverflushed and cleansed their bowels have gotten clear. There are so many testimonials at Curezone (positive ones) it's very inspiring. The people who are experiencing terrible gallbladder attacks are much more at risk for any complications than for people who aren't. (like us with acne, allergies, etc...)

I just did a flush last night (my first in two months after doing them every 2-3 weeks for 6 months and removing 1,000 or so cholesterol balls and 3 calcified, white, stones) and have removed about 60-70 stones and a lot of chaff or cholesterol crystals. I guess I'm still manufacturing them; 2 of them were pretty big, too. :unsure::blink:

I feel better already...... biggrin.gif

BenKweller, oh yeah. I wish taking no acne medicine will heal my acne. smile.gif Now, I dont take any medicine and I still have acne.

Liverflushing is BS created by the same people who spread the idea of telepathic powers between people and animals. It won't do a thing for you except make you feel strange for 2 days and then make you feel better (the result of getting rid of the crap you swallow for it).

Feel free to do it -- but people get "cured" not by the flushes but by the fact that they stop using irritating acne medications afterwards. If you think you've gotten worse since you start BP, try getting off of it for a few weeks. The marks will fade and you will look much better.

people get "cured" not by the flushes but by the fact that they stop using irritating acne medications afterwards. If you think you've gotten worse since you start BP, try getting off of it for a few weeks. The marks will fade and you will look much better.

It's amazing how many people have good things to say about liver flushing, though, isn't it? I can't believe how they are ALL such big fat liars.

Illusion is the first of all pleasures.

-Oscar Wilde

A lot of people believe in faith healing, little green men from mars, snake charming, levitation, spontaneous combustion, pet telepathy, ghosts, the evil eye, the bermuda triangle, the loch ness monster, bigfoot, demonic possesion, blah blah blah.

Science doesn't take a poll to find out how many people believe in something. Science requires objective evidence.

Hundreds of years ago, everyone knew that epilepsy was demonic possession. It didnt' make it true, and a bunch of people believing in liver flushes is not scientific evidence.

Locnar

Reviled but not restrained.