Photo

Liver flushes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
107 replies to this topic

#1 juliemarie

juliemarie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 June 2004 - 08:05 AM

Hi all. Im new here. I found the site while looking for some information on the validity of liver flushes.
I was diagnosed with gallstones last week and slated for surgery in August.
Ive come across plenty of information on line supporting a liver flush, but Im still hesitant to try it.
I wondering about any information or websites that talk about any possible side effects of doing a flush.
LOL, Im a sceptic at heart, although I dont think thats a bad thing. I dont want to jump in with both feet until I have enough information from both sides to satisfy my questions.
Most sites I have found really support the flush.
But Im still thinking, "Anything that sounds too good to be true......"

Thanks in advance for any info you can share.

Julie

#2 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 June 2004 - 12:04 PM

I don't know what anyone can say that would cause you to do a liverflush. What are you looking for?

The possibility of a stone getting stuck in a bile duct is about the same as you getting struck by lightening or getting in a car accident; possible, but highly unlikely. You can take Gold Coin Grass, which breaks stones up and also helps with gallbladder attacks. You can take malic acid, which does the same thing. There are about one gazillion different things you can do to assist you in the process. I hope you seriously consider and understand that MOST people who have their gallbladders removed still experience pain, severe diarrhea, and digestive problems. I have taken GCG and seen stones come out totally flattened; yes, FLATTENED; as in pancake flattened.

There really is absolutely no reason to have your gallbladder removed if you can flush the stones out.

I'm not sure what else anyone can tell you if you are wanting to remain a skeptic.

For good reading, you should go to: www.sensiblehealth.com

That is where you can order Gold Coin Grass also.

#3 Lumas

Lumas

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 June 2004 - 06:28 PM

Check out curezone.com They have many forums on liver flushes. Probaly the best site you will find.

#4 juliemarie

juliemarie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 June 2004 - 09:16 PM

See, thats the thing. People keep telling me about all the bad stuff about having your gallbladder removed....but I personally know 6 people who have had it and not one has suffered any of the side effects of removal that are so often quoted.
My parents both had theirs out 2 years ago. Neither one has experienced diahrea, or any other drawback. Both say they are glad they had it done as their attacks, even with diet and lifestyle changes, began to effect their quality of life.

I guess the info I was most looking for was the risk (how large a risk) of a stone becoming lodged in a duct. How would I know? Would it be a painful experience?
Can the liver flush itself be painful at all?

#5 juliemarie

juliemarie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 June 2004 - 11:16 PM

Oh, and Id just like to add....
Im not really looking for information to deter me from doing a flush.
While I admit to being on the sceptical side about things that I dont know much about, I consider myself very openminded and willing to try anything new.....as long as I know it is safe.
I guess what raises a small flag for me is not being able to find anything negative about cleansing/flushes. Looking for negatives, for me, just means that I want to be 100% informed about anything I should decide to do to my body.
Ive been to curezone. Very informative site, but also full of people who do not support surgery.

#6 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 June 2004 - 06:55 AM

BOTH parents and six people?

I wonder what the chances of that are. :blink: :huh: :eek: :think:

#7 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 10 June 2004 - 07:25 AM

The liver flushes are safe imo...just so long as you do the proper preparation, and follow the steps very carefully. :mrgreen:
Life is but a breath. Here is my story...

#8 Bailey

Bailey

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 June 2004 - 08:54 AM

If you do it right..there's very little chance of a stone getting stuck in a bile duct. The epsom salt makes that almost impossible.

Go to http://curezone.com/...ver/default.asp and do Dr, Hulda Clark's recipe. That's the more popular one. Well, they are pretty much all the same. Anyways, try it. It can't hurt..and it's really easy. Check with your doctor first if you are really worried about it.

#9 juliemarie

juliemarie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 June 2004 - 10:51 AM

Ive been told that gallstones and gallbladder attacks is hereditary.
Ive also been told that my city seems to have a higher incidence of people with gallstones and problems related to them. The water maybe....who knows?

#10 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 June 2004 - 11:59 AM

Yeah, right...... wink.gif In my city, we have a higher incidence of acne....waaaa haaa haaaaaa hahahahahaaa hehehehehheeeeeeeee aaaaahhh haaaaa haaaaaa :lol: :lol: :lol:

#11 Keats

Keats

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 June 2004 - 02:16 PM

QUOTE(Bailey @ Jun 10 2004, 08:41 AM)
If you do it right..there's very little chance of a stone getting stuck in a bile duct.  The epsom salt makes that almost impossible.

Go to http://curezone.com/...ver/default.asp and do Dr, Hulda Clark's recipe.  That's the more popular one.  Well, they are pretty much all the same.  Anyways, try it.  It can't hurt..and it's really easy.  Check with your doctor first if you are really worried about it.

Well.. of what I dont understand is that the liver flush prescription on sensiblehealth does not include epsoms. It is mainly based on apple juice and the olive oil/grapefruit juice..

So epsom salt isnt really necessary according to them. Thats why I still have a sort of internal dilemma; using epsoms or not.. which one should I try?

#12 juliemarie

juliemarie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 June 2004 - 03:36 PM

Keats, the flushes that I read about also used olive oil and a citris juice, lemon or grapefruit. (LOL...trying to picture my face as I attempt to swallow lemon juice).
But then I have also come across the epsom salt thing.
I believe there are many recipes online (curezone, just to name one).

Ive read about ppl doing the flushes and avoiding gallbladder surgery, flushes after surgery to get rid of stones that form in the liver, and people who flush once or twice a year because they believe it maintains good health. Sorta like changing the oil in your car every few thousand kilometers. smile.gif

I did read, I believe on cure zone, a post from a gal who was afraid of doing a flush...and someone posted her a modified recipe, so she could perform the flush over a longer period of time. It did include epsom salt.

And Ms. Denise, Im not sure what exactly your problem is, or why you would respond in such a way. First you doubt that I know 6 people (my parents are included in those 6 btw), and then you poke fun at my comment about the city water.
If your interested in educating yourself, rather than making assinine comments to people looking for help and information , Ill try to find a few articles on water testing and hard water facts and the link to gallstones. It certainly isnt proven, its still in theory stages, but my own doctor is one of the people concerned about why this city seems to have a higher incidence of the problem.
If in fact you are not interested in educating yourself, but rather are just here to make silly comments and try to call attention to yourself, Ill just assume that your young. Theres nothing wrong with you that a few years and a little wisdom wont fix. wink.gif

#13 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 June 2004 - 04:07 PM

Julie..... FYI....I'm a moderator at CURZONE and have cured my acne through liverflushing and bowel and lymph cleansing, after having it for 25 years. My posts are all throughout this board. Sorry, but your posts stink to high heaven and seem silly, particularly your last post about something being the water and both parents having their gallbladders out (like I said, what are the chances of that?). You have never mentioned having acne, you have mentioned having gallbladder attacks, (another suspicious point). This is after all, an acne board.

I always have red flags up with people who seem to put questions out there but don't want answers. If you really want answers, then you'll have to read and educate yourself. Instead of continuing to post questions that won't ever get answered.

#14 juliemarie

juliemarie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 June 2004 - 04:37 PM

Here, specifically were the questions I asked: and I quote:

**I wondering about any information or websites that talk about any possible side effects of doing a flush.***

***I guess the info I was most looking for was the risk (how large a risk) of a stone becoming lodged in a duct.****

*** How would I know?***
*** Would it be a painful experience?***

***Can the liver flush itself be painful at all? ***

Now, you said: ""Sorry, but your posts stink to high heaven and seem silly,""

Im not sure how asking a few questions stink or seem silly....but ok, we're all entitled to our opinion. But you know what they say about opinions, right? wink.gif

You also said: ""particularly your last post about something being the water and both parents having their gallbladders out (like I said, what are the chances of that?)"""

I dunno what the chances are. You want statistics? It doesnt really matter to me what the chancer of that are, its just factual.

"""You have never mentioned having acne, you have mentioned having gallbladder attacks, (another suspicious point). This is after all, an acne board. """

I dont have acne. I have had a gallbladder attack. Why *that* is suspicious, I dunno. Oh my, the girl "claims" to have a gallbladder condition, but I dunno...sounds a little suspiciuos to me" :blink:

While it may be a board dedicated to acne, I posted under diet and holistic health. I simply thought that I might be able to gain a different point of view in a different forum.

And, you concluded with ""I always have red flags up with people who seem to put questions out there but don't want answers. If you really want answers, then you'll have to read and educate yourself. Instead of continuing to post questions that won't ever get answered.""

Hmmm, not sure where you got the impression that I didnt want answers. In fact, if you'll go back and re-read through the string of posts, I did get a few of the answers I was looking for by people who responded politely.
And by my posting questions, that is exactly what Im attempting to do...EDUCATE myself on the pro's and cons (if there are any) of liver flushes.

I dont find it strange that I would want to know about any possible side effects of a liver flush *before* I do one. In fact, I would find it strange that a person would blindly read something on the internet and put it in their body without first making sure it was a safe, healthy thing to do.
If my posts put up a "red flag" for you, then you have a larger problem than my posts my dear. I dont know what it is, and Id hazzard a guess but it wouldnt be nice and I pride myself on being a nice person, as often as possible.

Now, back to my quest.
cool.gif

#15 edenfield

edenfield

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 June 2004 - 05:45 PM

I think she meant this one.

Ive also been told that my city seems to have a higher incidence of people with gallstones and problems related to them. The water maybe....who knows?

Not taking any sides just pointing it out

and read up on curezone.com, i've been doing liver flushes
[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

#16 juliemarie

juliemarie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 June 2004 - 06:04 PM

Even if thats the post she meant, I wrote "Ive been told", which I have.
The city I live in has extremely hard water, prompting some people to ask about the effects of hard water on your health.
When we dont use our water softener, I would have to clean my kettle or coffee maker every other day because of lime buildup. It just stands to reason that if hard water does that to coffee makers, kettles, toilet bowls, etc...what effect does it have on your liver or gallbladder.
Doesnt seem strange to me at all......but then, what do I know? Im just some suspicious character that raises peoples red flags with my silly questions. rolleyes.gif

#17 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 June 2004 - 06:10 PM

Julie: As I said before, this is an acne board. It seems very weird that you are posting here with a condition totally unrelated to acne. It wasn't my attempt to be rude to you, however, there are some suspicous things about your posts. I assumed that you had already scoured the internet about liverflushing. If that is the case, then you have gone to CUREZONE. They have a liverflushing forum there. The questions you asked have already been answered at many places, particularly CUREZONE. Also, I provided a link to sensiblehealth, which is an excellent site. Again.....not trying to be rude, but perhaps you are posting in the wrong place.

#18 Bailey

Bailey

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 June 2004 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE(Keats @ Jun 10 2004, 02:03 PM)
Well.. of what I dont understand is that the liver flush prescription on sensiblehealth does not include epsoms. It is mainly based on apple juice and the olive oil/grapefruit juice..

So epsom salt isnt really necessary according to them. Thats why I still have a sort of internal dilemma; using epsoms or not.. which one should I try?

WHAT??? Epsom salt is key! I've never heard of a liver flush without epsom. They open the bile ducts..and it's the laxative of the whole thing. How else are you gonna (pardon my blunt-ness) poop?!?!

I'll have to go to the site you said..later though..I'm short on time right now.

#19 edenfield

edenfield

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 June 2004 - 08:47 PM

salt water flushes, colonics, enemas, herbal laxatives

those are all viable alternatives
[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

#20 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 10 June 2004 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE(Bailey @ Jun 10 2004, 08:03 PM)
I've never heard of a liver flush without epsom.

I NEVER used epsoms anymore for my flushes! :eh: :mrgreen:
Life is but a breath. Here is my story...