Photo

how i cleared it all

vitamin vitamins omega-3 green smoothie

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 atlzone3

atlzone3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 June 2009 - 11:16 PM

Hi all

I'm 99% clear now after eating properly for two months.. anyone who tells you food is not related to acne is out of their mind. I thought I'd come back and post because this diet forum has helped immensely.

I've tried pretty much every OTC product out there including Dan's products (the BP does work but takes serious discipline and wastes a lot of time -- I was getting sick of it bleaching my clothes though and if I missed a dose I would breakout the next day)

Also I spent thousands of dollars on all sorts of vitamins which probably ruined my liver... who knows if they really helped at all

So at the start of April, I decided to forget all the vitamins, creams, etc and just eat proper... but really proper.

Here is a typical day:

pre workout - apple
meal 1 - post workout - 3 eggs, 7 eggwhites, green smoothie (spinach + fruit), yogurt with blue/blackberries, 2 chicken breasts

I've come to the conclusion that eggs are fine for acne.. They might do slight forehead damage but it's worth it cause they are damn good for you. Anyone who counters with the cholesterol card is ignorant-- eggs have never been shown to bind serum cholesterol period. google it

Also yogurt is fine as long as you are buying plain 0% or 1% without gelatin... all other yogurts will wreak havoc on your face though so stay away from any non-plain yogurts... just add your own real fruit and it tastes great and you don't feed yourself preservative crap and gelatin

meal 2 - watermelon/peach/some fruit, spinach/carrot/onion/peppers/cucumber/chicken salad

meal 3 - lentil soup, can of tuna with a bit of mayo and green onion

meal 4 - big salmon fillet or 2 chicken breasts, tons of veggies (broccoli*)

* don't have too much broccoli as it is very acidic... spinach on the other hand is very alkaline... alkaline = good for acne and life in general

meal 5 - veggie/chicken stir fry

meal 6 - small green shake, yogurt with berries

I also snack on mixed nuts (buy the good unsalted types with dried cranberries, raisins, sunflower seeds etc.. stay away from walnuts/almonds where possible)

Things to keep in mind
-eat every 2 hours even if you aren't hungry.. otherwise your body will start stressing and releasing cortisol which will mess with your face
-don't eat crap period. it's not that hard and if you care enough to beat this then it should be a no brainer. yes pizza is crap.
-spinach is your friend. yes it has iodine but its also one of the most alkaline veggies and it will help raise your skin PH. blend it into shakes if you don't like salad.
-stay away from highly acidic foods where possible.. eat a bit of broccoli but don't go overboard.. i can't deal with citrus so unfortunately no oranges, mangos, pineapple etc
-only drink water or caffeine free herbal teas. no juice, no pop.. it's not that hard if you care enough
-omega-3 is your friend. buy light non-albacore tuna b/c of mercury, salmon, omega eggs etc. Beware 99% of omega pills contain gelatin
-STAY AWAY FROM GELATIN, MILK, EXCESSIVE CHEESE, BREAD, RICE, WHEAT & GRAINS IN GENERAL.. switch to a sprouted grain like quinoa if you really miss it. I used to eat tons of pasta, rice, etc but the switch wasn't hard at all.
-stay away from high gi foods in general... potatoes esp.
-this is going to take several weeks to take effect. You will break out REALLY BAD probably around week 3 but thats it.. its gone forever after!!
-stay away from beer. If you must, choose a real dark beer that hasn't been refined (no coors light). If you are going to drink a lot (I do) I suggest making vodka water with a bit of lime juice your staple drink. Gets you ripped, doesn't mangle your skin, and no hangover cause you are drinking water all night and no sugar.
-energy drinks are a big no no.. coffee too. I used to be a coffee addict but it wasn't that hard to quit.
-stay away from protein shakes. Pure 100% CFM Whey Isolate is probably fine but throw away that mass gainer, its full of casein
-basically stay away from refined products in general.
-i eat a total of zero vitamin pills a day now; used to eat 20+ a day... get way more of my RDA of pretty much everything now from eating whole foods.
-exercise!! if you are a procrastinator like myself get it over with first thing in the morning.
-sleep! set a reasonable cut off time where computer/tv just goes off... youll have nothing else to do then smile.gif
-probably some other stuff but you'll have to figure it out for yourself! Give it a try... it will get worse a few weeks in but this is just old crap coming out... and then... clear skin forever!

Hope this info helps someone!!

#2 angel07

angel07

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 June 2009 - 11:21 PM

Your meals sound very delicious!

Thanks for the good info. I already follow most of this and it has helped a lot!

#3 aksjdf

aksjdf

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 June 2009 - 11:53 PM

Do you avoid soy?

#4 Polska Laska

Polska Laska

*Be thankful for the little things in life*

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:02 AM

This does sound really good... It'll take a lot of dedication though, not to drink juice, and eat snacky foods here and there... But I'm sure it's hella good for your body. This sounds like my husband's meal routine when he was preparing for a fitness comp. Glad it worked for you! Good for you to stick to it!

#5 atlzone3

atlzone3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 June 2009 - 08:10 AM

QUOTE (angel07 @ Jun 8 2009, 12:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the good info. I already follow most of this and it has helped a lot!

I avoid soy cause I'm a guy and don't want the estrogen--thus I have no idea if its good/bad for acne.

One more thing is forget buying organic... unless its been farmed in a hydroponic greenhouse it's for sure going to contain runoff from nearby non-organic farms and from rain. Save your money!

#6 ayla

ayla

dum spiro, spero

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 08 June 2009 - 09:27 AM

QUOTE (atlzone3 @ Jun 8 2009, 09:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I avoid soy cause I'm a guy and don't want the estrogen--thus I have no idea if its good/bad for acne.

One more thing is forget buying organic... unless its been farmed in a hydroponic greenhouse it's for sure going to contain runoff from nearby non-organic farms and from rain. Save your money!

FDA and QAI (and other certifying agencies) do very strict quality control to make sure this doesn't happen. Then there's the better condition you leave the earth and employees who have to deal with the chemical onslaught in - organic is really a win-win situation.

Your diet looks good.

#7 Ghostunit

Ghostunit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Posted 08 June 2009 - 09:29 AM

Mayo is unhealthy. Anyhow, your diet looks pretty good but I don't like the part that you said " You will break-out badly in week 3." What if someone who is clear wanted to try these diet? smile.gif They will break out?

#8 Ghostunit

Ghostunit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 June 2009 - 09:38 AM

Jay Cutler, who is Mr. Olympia, eats a lot of ezekiel bread! Which has soy beans!
So, I eat 12-14 slices of ezekiel bread everyday! amused.gif

#9 Puella

Puella

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 June 2009 - 09:39 AM

QUOTE (aksjdf @ Jun 7 2009, 11:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you avoid soy?

When I was in high school, our anatomy and physiology teacher (Ph.D) instructed us that while soy is good for the heart, it makes your brain cells age rapidly and can cause early dementia or forgetfulness and such along with some other things I can't remember???

I may have to do some research

#10 Ghostunit

Ghostunit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 June 2009 - 09:41 AM

QUOTE (Puella @ Jun 8 2009, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (aksjdf @ Jun 7 2009, 11:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you avoid soy?

When I was in high school, our anatomy and physiology teacher (Ph.D) instructed us that while soy is good for the heart, it makes your brain cells age rapidly and can cause early dementia or forgetfulness and such along with some other things I can't remember???

I may have to do some research

Some website says that soy are bad, but other website says that soy are healthy.
I don't know which to trust! So confusing.

#11 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 June 2009 - 09:54 AM

If you are clear from diet and healthy lifestyle habits, please post your story to this success compilation page:

http://www.acne.org/...ea-t172158.html

#12 Mr. Crab

Mr. Crab

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 June 2009 - 10:16 AM

I totally agree that this can work on most people. I have been on a very similar diet, and I have noticed after eating something that has been known to irritate the skin, it most likely set me back a few days. (Although, I don't know if this was because of masturbation or the food I ate, or maybe both?)

#13 Ghostunit

Ghostunit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 June 2009 - 10:23 AM

QUOTE (Mr. Crab @ Jun 8 2009, 11:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I totally agree that this can work on most people. I have been on a very similar diet, and I have noticed after eating something that has been known to irritate the skin, it most likely set me back a few days. (Although, I don't know if this was because of masturbation or the food I ate, or maybe both?)

Perhaps is the food you ate. I think it's a myth that masturbating causes break-out. We all different, so who knows. I don't masturbate, though, because I'm concerned that I would break out if I masturbate!

#14 electric_feel

electric_feel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 June 2009 - 12:25 PM

QUOTE (atlzone3 @ Jun 8 2009, 12:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also yogurt is fine as long as you are buying plain 0% or 1% without gelatin... all other yogurts will wreak havoc on your face though so stay away from any non-plain yogurts... just add your own real fruit and it tastes great and you don't feed yourself preservative crap and gelatin

-omega-3 is your friend. buy light non-albacore tuna b/c of mercury, salmon, omega eggs etc. Beware 99% of omega pills contain gelatin

What brand of yogurt do you eat? You mentioned not buying an organic brand, which is what I do. The only dairy I eat consistently comes from the yogurt I eat. I never know which brand to buy though. Also, I take Carlson's Omega 3 Fish Oil pills on occasion, I just read their ingredients and they do contain gelatin. I haven't noticed any adverse effects though and I know a lot of people on this board who take them, are they really that bad for you?