Photo

For anybody who has used zinc

zinc

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 24 Hour Revenge Therapy

24 Hour Revenge Therapy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 June 2004 - 10:45 PM

Alright, if you have taken any zinc supplements in efforts to combat acne, everyone please post and tell me if it worked for you, didn't work at all, or only helped a little bit. Other information might include how much zinc you were taking each day, how long it took you to see results, etc. Thanks!

#2 Fame

Fame

All About this U

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 June 2004 - 11:42 PM

Well to me personally its a supplement. It may help have helped my acne somewhat, but dont think its going to be a cure. Antibiotics + a Topical is clearing me up. take 50-100mg daily.

#3 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 08 June 2004 - 10:09 AM

Start off with low dosages. Maybe with a multivitamin too. Then ramp up to 50mg. I wouldn't go too high. It all depends on you. Never go over 100mg. Also, you might want to look into taking a copper supplement as well, because I've heard that taking zinc supps can deplete copper stores too.

http://www.natural-a.../zinc-acne.html

#4 Keats

Keats

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 June 2004 - 10:25 AM

jc, have you actually done any new liver flushes lately or planning to do some?

#5 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 June 2004 - 10:37 AM

Hey keats...I just finished doing a medical study (y'know...drug you, bleed you, pay you), and I'm planning to do flush #5 this weekend! I'm doing a tca peel right now so I'm keeping myself busy. user posted image

#6 24 Hour Revenge Therapy

24 Hour Revenge Therapy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 June 2004 - 10:40 AM

Thanks for the replys. I already am doing 50 mg. I know not to do much more than that. I also read the copper supplement thing, too. I am not relying entirely on zinc, of course. I am doing Dan's Regimen to the T, and I am eating raw garlic everyday. However, the zinc and the garlic are two new additions to my routine, so I was just looking for some feedback/personal experience regarding zinc.

#7 Keats

Keats

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 June 2004 - 11:34 AM

QUOTE(jc @ Jun 8 2004, 10:24 AM)
Hey keats...I just finished doing a medical study (y'know...drug you, bleed you, pay you), and I'm planning to do flush #5 this weekend!  I'm doing a tca peel right now so I'm keeping myself busy.  user posted image

Ah nice one. Keep me(us) updated with your flushing results smile.gif I am currently only doing liver cleansing and stuff. Not flushing yet. I am still not sure which flushing method is most effective.. still weighing the pros and cons against each other of each flushing method. I don't want any disappointments smile.gif

#8 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 June 2004 - 11:43 AM

QUOTE(Keats @ Jun 8 2004, 01:21 PM)
I am still not sure which flushing method is most effective..

It's all good! You'll know which ones are most effective by the results. :wink:

#9 DuMaurier

DuMaurier

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 June 2004 - 06:40 AM

Zinc gluconate has been found to have moderate results on uncomplicated, minor acne. In one study, more people had improved on tetracycline (and the improvement was more substantial) than the group on zinc by a fairly wide margin. Taking zinc supplements can induce a copper deficiency. Talk to your doctor before you do this. If I were you, I'd ask him/her about the possibility of tetracycline, it's not much more expensive than zinc supplements, it might actually be cheaper (It has been off patent for the past 20-25 years)

#10 24 Hour Revenge Therapy

24 Hour Revenge Therapy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 June 2004 - 08:39 AM

I'm sure this question is a little too specific, but would you happen to know when it was said that acne symptons would worsen with zinc? I have been on it for almost a week and have yet to see any increase in ance, but then again, it's only been five days. However, if the shit in fact hits the fan, I will probably know what to suspect as the cause.

I read about the copper defciency, as well. I really don't intend on making zinc a permanent part of any routine of mine, but I will keep my eyes open for any symptons of copper defciency. Thanks for the feedback, my friend.

#11 Scotty_G

Scotty_G

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 June 2004 - 08:02 PM

For me i think the zinc made me break out a little bit before it started helping.

#12 zena

zena

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 June 2004 - 06:51 PM

I just started taking zinc for a cold but I'm finding that after I take one, I get a sick feeling to my stomach and have the urgency to puke. Had same feeling when I was pregnant and had to take a different multi-vitamin.

#13 mischief2

mischief2

miss kitty fantastico

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 June 2004 - 04:04 AM

I've been taking zinc over a month now. My skin looks okay, better than it was, but it's not the only thing I'm doing (I am using BP for one thing) so I'm unsure of the results really.

Zena, I hear that zinc does make some people feel sick to their stomach and that you should take it at night only in that case, rather than morning or afternoon. Also make sure you do not take with food, that seems to be a common mistake people make. Lucky for me, I don't feel sick after taking zinc.

#14 duluxdog

duluxdog

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 June 2004 - 05:32 AM

You're meant to take it WITH food :/

#15 Image101

Image101

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 June 2004 - 10:47 AM

How could you NOT take it with food?! If I take my 50 mg pill without a big meal i feel sick for about 20 minutes.

#16 zena

zena

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 June 2004 - 02:30 PM

I have to take it with food otherwise I will actually puke. I think food helps a bit. I took it at night once and felt miserable.

I'm just not good with zinc.

#17 duluxdog

duluxdog

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 June 2004 - 02:43 PM

The best way to absorb it is by taking it without food, but obviously this makes people feel ill and stuff. I've always taken mine with food, but tonight i'll try it without and see if i barf or whatever. May be worth it if it is absorbed better :/

#18 cochise

cochise

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 June 2004 - 05:45 AM

i didnt actually find zinc help to clear it... but it DEFINATLEY helped with the repair of my skin, you could defo tell that it helps skin structure and repair! used with evening primrose oil, it's an excellent combo! :dance: