Photo

Wisdom teeth and acne

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 Hopeful4it

Hopeful4it

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:21 PM

So I'll make this as quick as possible (I also hope this is in the right forum). I started getting acne in October 2008 and it gradually got worse and worse. In April 2008 I was advised that I had all 4 wisdom teeth in and that they needed to be removed. I post poned that surgery as much as possible (didn't think it was urgent) until this week when I finally had the surgery done.
My question or comment is do you think the onset of my acne was due to the fact my wisdom teeth came in? I've heard that when the teeth are impacted, which was the case with mine, they can cause infection in the body, even skin infection.
I'm just curious if anyone had any stories or experiences regarding their acne clearing once they had their wisdom teeth removed or they started getting acne once their wisdom teeth grew in.
Thanks guys!

#2 Breadisacne

Breadisacne

resident retard

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:35 PM

no. however if you had any stress about the operation that could potentially cause it. we now know that most acne is caused by genetics, but not caused by wisdom teeth.

#3 Q_P

Q_P

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:02 AM

My skin cleared up a bit after I got my four impacted wisdoms out, but I think that was because I was eating antibiotic pills like candy and was resting all the time. I doubt that wisdom teeth cause acne.

#4 Hopeful4it

Hopeful4it

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 June 2009 - 04:46 PM

i'm going to keep a look on things and see if i notice any significant changes post my surgery. so far if anything i broke out more so there goes my theory lol but only time will tell.

#5 Metaphysics

Metaphysics

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 June 2009 - 09:30 AM

I was clear the whole time after the surgery, until the antibiotics ran out. It seemed that the amoxicillin may have prevented acne, but overall I don't notice much difference with my skin before and after the surgery.

#6 Charlotte77

Charlotte77

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 June 2009 - 02:02 AM

I think it's an interesting theory.

I also think it COULD be true.The human mouth is a disgusting place.It harbors all kinds of bacteria and germs.
I have heard that GUM DISEASE can even cause a heart attack because the bacteria gets into your bloodstream and goes to your heart. (This was an article I read while sitting in the dentist office!)
If it can effect your heart,why not your face too???

#7 Hopeful4it

Hopeful4it

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 June 2009 - 01:18 PM

well so far i haven't noticed anything different but again i will update if anything should change.
that sounds like a really interesting article. and yes i agree if it can go as far as causing a heart attack then why not acne right? i haven't found much online in regards to wisdom teeth and acne however, but i'm sure some of the same principles can be addressed from that article towards this.

#8 ericacne

ericacne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:59 AM

Hi, I know this thread is old but I am curious if there is any new information on this theory of impacted wisdom teeth causing acne. I'm 26 and just recently started suffering from pretty bad acne (going on 2 months now) and it just so happens to be mainly on my upper/lower cheek/jawline directly in front of where my wisdom teeth would be located. I'm pretty sure all of my wisdom teeth are impacted. They don't give me any real pain, but i can feel pressure from them in my jaw at times. I've been to a dermatologist and he put me on Minocycline antibiotic, Duac in the morning and Epiduo at night. It's been almost a month since I started all that and some of the acne has faded, but i'm still getting small pimples forming in those areas. I really want to know WHY this has happened to me. My derm is just prescribing stuff and isn't helping me figure out why I started getting acne all of the sudden. I wish I could go back to having the occasional 1 or 2 pimples and not having to use all these cleansers/treatments/moisturizers.

Edited by ericacne, 27 September 2011 - 11:52 AM.