Epiduo and Retin-A

No replies to this topic

#1 Nixon1

Nixon1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 June 2009 - 01:51 AM

Ok so hears my dilemma. I have been on Epiduo gel and dorax for the last 3 months. I was prescribed this when I was with another HMO and cost me about 30 bucks with a coupon the derm had given me. Now my company switched HOM's and this current one prescribed me Retin-A and doxycyclin to take care of my acne. I haven't swithced to the Retin -A yet since I still have enough Epiduo to last me thru next month.

2nd dilemma, I will be undergoing c02 laser treatment later this month to clear (or attempt to clear) scars left by my cystic acne. Now I know Retin-A helps build collagen and repairs the dermis from what I researched. Would it be a good idea to switch now? Epiduo uses adapalene and benzoyl peroxide and has worked wonders for my skin. I mean I really cant live without this gel. Im afraid if I do switch to Retin-A to increase the collagen it will also make me break out thus postponing my laser treatment that I have been planning for over 2 months. I have been taking vitamin c supplements and hydrating my skin to make sure I am in the best health. Working out is also part of my regiment. Can anyone please advise on this issue?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users