Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

does yogurt cause breakouts?

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

I heard yogurt is good for antibacterial reasons. Has it caused anyone to break out? I've been eating plain yogurt without hormones. Has it helped anyone's acne?

It's good for our health because it contains acidophilus...good bacteria that can help to rebuild your intestinal flora. It'll only break you out if you break out from it. wink.gif

Life is but a breath. Here is my story...

Depends on whether it's non-organic and how much sugar is in it, and whether or not you're somewhat allergic to dairy in certain ways. If you break out after eating it, then you'll know.

'Till you clear the inside you ain't gonna clear the outside.

I don't know if it has any affect on my acne, but it does help me to sleep. Yogurt is lightweight and longlasting (low glycemic), so it keeps you from feeling starving or full while trying to get to sleep. I always eat yogurt before bed now; and started because it was advised in my favorite hypoglycemia book.

99.5% Clear (skin gets 'congested' PMS week, but no actual breakouts)

---------------------------

Fragrance-Free Baby Wipes + a few drops Rimmel Makeup Remover solution

3/4 AHA Toner* & 1/4 Glycerin (cotton pad) -- good toner, moisturizer, and makeup base (use less glycerin if not under makeup)

Occasional Treatments (2-3x/week): Exfoliating bp wash* in shower, 2.5% bp lotion* at night

CoverGirl TruBlend Powder Foundation

* = Klear Action Kit (Pro-Activ knockoff)

Gluten-free diet (for non-acne reasons, but it seems to have cleared my acne)