Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

does ur skin look different in certain types of mirrors?

28 posts in this topic

when i look in the side mirrors of a car my acne marks nd stuff look a lot worse

does this happen to others or is it just me?

it especially happens in car mirrors

when i look in the side mirrors of a car my acne marks nd stuff look a lot worse

does this happen to others or is it just me?

it especially happens in car mirrors

I've noticed that, too. Whenever I look in my bathroom mirror my skin looks just fine. When I look in a car mirror it does look worse. It also seems to look worse in florescent lighting or in sunlight on a cloudy day.

Yeah...when I looked in the car mirror yesterday my face looked about ten times worse. But when I got home and looked in the bathroom mirror everything looked fine. I tend to avoid looking in mirrors when I'm out.

Yeah...when I looked in the car mirror yesterday my face looked about ten times worse. But when I got home and looked in the bathroom mirror everything looked fine. I tend to avoid looking in mirrors when I'm out.

yea i do too

the mirrors says that things may appear larger than they actually r so im thinkin this might be the reason

for like 2 years i had a fear of mirrors because id have clear skin the last time i looked and i didnt wanna see if i had a pimple or zit. Lol ignorance is bliss. But now i have to look in the mirror to shave and moisturize

Invisible blades penetrate

whereas stabwounds are not detectable.

There is no shield to protect from

attacks led by the ones one used to trust.

Stabwound

The blade that stabs a back,

unsuspecting, forms the symbolic...

stabwound

no my acne looks like crap in all mirrors

My regimen changed (starting 5/16/09) and I am not a happy camper

AM regimen

Wash face and chest with Kaiser 5% bp wash

Moisturize with face reality skincare cranberry cream

Apply Estee Lauder Future Perfect Eye Cream

Apply make up, blush, finishing powder, MAC moisture cover to dark underyeye circles

Pop a doxycycline

PM regimen

Remove make up with desert esscence jojoba oil using cotton balls

starting evening of May 28, 2009, I wash my face with Face Reality Skincare Sensitive Skin Gel Cleanser at night time only

Apply Differin to face and chest

Wait to dry and moisturize with face reality skincare cranberry cream

Apply Estee Lauder Future Perfect Eye Cream

Pop a doxycycline

Foundation- MAC Studio Tech Foundation in NC20 or MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation in NW15, apply a MAC blush, apply MAC prep and prime finishing powder

Anyone who has a problem zit thats having a hard time healing, try this and let me know if it helped you. Mix one tablespoon of sea salt with three tablespoons of warm water, apply to a cotton ball or a paper towel. Apply to the zit for ten to fifteen minutes, and then wash it off.

It is probably the lighting more than the mirror. Hence why people recommend you apply makeup in natural light and not in your bathroom.

There is a particular bathroom mirror at work I LOVE because I look awesome in it (haha). But I sit next to a window at work and realize the natural light isn't good for my features :(

when i looked in other mirror my redmarks and acne is horrible and i get discourage,my self confidence is down. :evil:

AM:

J&J top to toe baby wash for face

Proactive Oil-free Moisture SPF 15

head and shoulder classic for hair and itchy scalp

PM:

J&J top to toe baby wash for face..

Celeteque alcohol free toner

Celeteque Oil free moisturizer without SPF

Acutrex10mg (Generic Brand of Isotretenoin)on a full stomach

for like 2 years i had a fear of mirrors because id have clear skin the last time i looked and i didnt wanna see if i had a pimple or zit. Lol ignorance is bliss. But now i have to look in the mirror to shave and moisturize

Ye I do the same m8, but now when ever I look, I dont see me anymore, you know the one b4 they came and ruined everything :(

I hate mirrors...............where I used to love them lol :)

Tell me about it... My skin looks fine in almost all mirrors. Even under florescent light while not perfect its still pretty decent. For some reason when i catch my reflection on car mirrors it looks bad :/

I hate looking in my bathroom mirror when the sun is shining through it. my face looks red and bumpy. But in other mirrors with normal lighting my face is clear..lol

Solution: I keep a blind over the window on sunny days lol

I noticed today that my skin looked worse in the car mirror, and my theory is that car mirrors have a coating that help reduce the glare from the sun or car lights, so this must make this look worse.

maybe im wrong but thats what i think

To be honest, those car mirrors most likely show the true reflection. It happens to me all the time. I mean, these bathroom mirrors disguise it in a way, due to the lighting and the fact that bathrooms are normally a bit dull with not many windows. So, if your skin looks good in the car mirror, happy days!

To be honest, those car mirrors most likely show the true reflection

hmm mayb ur right, for me, my bathroom mirror tells the truth, its right in front of a window, so always has light shining in,

i think mirrors in dark rooms make skin look worse as my red marks always seem worse in my room with the blinds closed

You know whats killing me the most? Its not the actual car mirrors the problem, but how your reflection shows as you drive with the shadow and lightning changing. My english is bad but what im trying to say is that i will check my face on the car mirror as i drive in the highway for example and no imperfection show up; as i take a turn after the traffic lights lets say 1-2 scars out of nowhere will show up. Highly frustrating and most likely one day ill get into a car accident as i have the habit to check my face on the car mirrors very frequently.

same here! in some mirrors my skin looks great, almost flawless. in others its realy ugly, every bit of redness i have sticks out. i feel awful the rest of the day if i see myself like that.

I don't judge my face by car mirrors, because they're magnified. I hate being in a room with fluorescent lights, though. It shows everything.

Car mirrors are the worst. :(

Diddo when are they gonna make cars without windows... or people without eyes...or...

yup, this happens to me as well. i think it's due to the fact that the natural sunlight doesn't work in our favor.

i also always find myself turning my head to an angle where i can convince myself that my acne doesn't look that bad.

i can always lie to myself.

ACNE KEEPS US HUMBLE.

I AM TIRED OF BEING HUMBLE.â„¢

Accutane since 3/16/09

Ended 10/5/09

Ugh I feel the exact same way about car mirrors! They are way worse and flourescent light. I notice too that when I look in the mirror by a window with the sun comin in.. My scars look way worse. :( I love the darkk and low lighting :)

I've got to check myself in all my mirrors before I leave the house and I think light has a lot to do with it. That's the only reasonable explanation for the inconsistancies. My issue is this...so what do I really look like? and, How do others see me? It's kind of unsettling! :redface:

I feel that car mirrors are the worst because they accurately display your imperfections, when I want a dose of reality I look in my car mirror because I know it won't lie to me. I only look in the car mirror when i'm trying to gauge my skin's progress. If i'm having a bad breakout, I avoid car mirrors like the plague.

Morning:

Rinse face with water only

Generic moisturizer with SPF 15

Night:

Trader Joe's Tea Tree Oil Soap

AHA

Remove all traces of makeup with Neutrogena wipes

No moisturizer

Makeup:

Revlon Colorstay foundation

Cover Girl Pressed Powder