Photo

Breaking out on one side of my face??

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 hrhinson

hrhinson

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 May 2009 - 12:29 PM

I have had break outs that were all over my face but treated it and it went away. Now I am breaking out on one side of my face. Should I blame this on something that I touched my face with or can you have break outs that hit only one area leaving another area clear? Thanks for the help!!

#2 dishnswish

dishnswish

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 May 2009 - 12:32 PM

its possible to break out in different areas at different times. in my opinion, you should continue to treat it as you normally would. also what do you do treat your break outs?

#3 Em698

Em698

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 38
About Me

Posted 25 May 2009 - 07:53 PM

Acne can occur at any time. You can definitely cause a lot of acne by touching your face, I am pretty guilty of that. You can have acne in one place and not another! Lol, otherwise everyone would be covered lol.gif
What do you what to know about it? If you want I can give you tips and ideas to help you! smile.gif

#4 hrhinson

hrhinson

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:38 AM

Sorry, I am new and I think this went in the wrong place. I meant for it to go under the post above asking me what I was using. Sorry.

Well I went on Pro Active to treat it in the past and it cleared it up but cause other problems. Cystic acne on my jawline for one. It ONLY happens when I use Proactive. After it cleared up I made the mistake of thinking I could products that were for oily skin instead of acne specific. Now its back. I am purchasing some of the products Dan has here to see if I can fix the problems I created.
My problem is I am a skin care junkie and I LOVE trying new things. I thought sticking to oil free and ones targeted for people who break out would be safe.

Here is a list of things that I am using right now untill my Acne.com products get here

MD Forte III cleanser(20% glycolic acid)
Neutrogena Acne control Cleanser
Clairisonic Face Brush
ProActive Refining treatment
Skinceuticals Clay Mask(love this as it has salicylic acid in addition to the typical Clay mask Ingredients .

Thanks for your help and any suggestions are welcomed.

heather

#5 hrhinson

hrhinson

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:43 AM

QUOTE (Em698 @ May 25 2009, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Acne can occur at any time. You can definitely cause a lot of acne by touching your face, I am pretty guilty of that. You can have acne in one place and not another! Lol, otherwise everyone would be covered lol.gif
What do you what to know about it? If you want I can give you tips and ideas to help you! smile.gif

Sure I would love suggestions. I am a makeup artist and having clear skin is so important I know alot about skincare and can help everyone but me. LOL

I used Purity a few years ago too. My skin does NOT like Philosophys products. I wish it did though. I LOVE the Microderm wash. LOVE IT!!!

Thanks

#6 acne_battle

acne_battle

this is Ollie, my parents cat which I took a pic of on my b day

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:32 AM

QUOTE (hrhinson @ May 26 2009, 08:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry, I am new and I think this went in the wrong place. I meant for it to go under the post above asking me what I was using. Sorry.

Well I went on Pro Active to treat it in the past and it cleared it up but cause other problems. Cystic acne on my jawline for one. It ONLY happens when I use Proactive. After it cleared up I made the mistake of thinking I could products that were for oily skin instead of acne specific. Now its back. I am purchasing some of the products Dan has here to see if I can fix the problems I created.
My problem is I am a skin care junkie and I LOVE trying new things. I thought sticking to oil free and ones targeted for people who break out would be safe.

Here is a list of things that I am using right now untill my Acne.com products get here

Clairisonic Face Brush
Skinceuticals Clay Mask(love this as it has salicylic acid in addition to the typical Clay mask Ingredients .

heather

You are using too many exfoliants. Why are you using Glycolic Acid, another cleanser with SA in it, using more SA with the skinceuticals mask and using the Clairisonic brush? You might be irritating your skin that way. You should just pick one of those

#7 Em698

Em698

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 May 2009 - 04:49 PM

QUOTE (hrhinson @ May 26 2009, 10:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Clairisonic Face Brush

heather

Hmm yeah as the person above me said, you are definitely exfoliating too much! you don't wanna irritate your skin. I actually think proactive sucks. I have never tried it but i've heard really bad things. You can get all the same stuff in the drugstore, you're literally just paying for the packaging.

#8 yourowndisaster

yourowndisaster

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 May 2009 - 06:15 PM

I used to get most of my breakouts on my right cheek while my left cheek tended to be clear, and my doctor said it was probably because my bangs fell on that cheek. So it is likely that its from something that touches that side of your face more often than the other.

#9 electric_feel

electric_feel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 May 2009 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE (yourowndisaster @ May 26 2009, 07:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I used to get most of my breakouts on my right cheek while my left cheek tended to be clear, and my doctor said it was probably because my bangs fell on that cheek. So it is likely that its from something that touches that side of your face more often than the other.

I break out on my right cheek as well, my left cheek still breaks out but not nearly as much as my right. I never did figure out why. I thought maybe it was because I slept on that cheek the most, but I tried not sleeping on it and washing my pillow cases frequently and I saw no improvement. It's still a mystery to me.